ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
Đ 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Last Tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 16th, 2005 04:19 PM
keefjunkie Is the fall 06' american leg just going to be the dates already announced or are they gonna cover the whole country again?
December 16th, 2005 04:36 PM
marko I imagine,that,same king of method,as they were SUPPOSED to
on licks tour,only 1-2 shows in BIG cities,like NYC,Boston.
Chicago,La,where the best markets are.
December 16th, 2005 04:37 PM
marko I mean,they were suppose to come BACK in fall 2003 or
winter 2004.But that didnīt happen.Remember the rumours
back then?
December 16th, 2005 04:40 PM
keefjunkie no but ill take your word for it...

any chance of a pittsburgh or atleast philly or ohio show u think?
December 16th, 2005 04:42 PM
Gimme Shelter I sure hope they tour again. I've seen them 15 times in my life time and have enjoyed every show.
December 16th, 2005 04:44 PM
marko Iīve no idea,this can still just be forgotten,and never to
happen.But when BTB got to europe,i was in stockholm.There
i heard that they are coming back to states,1999.As they did.
December 16th, 2005 06:22 PM
Soldatti I expect a new tour, but not stadiums anymore at least in the States.
December 16th, 2005 08:52 PM
keefjunkie why not? its not like they couldnt sell and put on good shows
December 16th, 2005 10:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
I think it's time for them to hang it up.
Mick and Charlie are still on top form,but Keith / Ronnie ?

I used to think Keith was the coolest man on the planet,but nowadays everytime he opens his mouth I can only think of 2 words; WANKER and ALTZIMERS (spelling?) !

Could you image a Winos tour now ?

I noticed Ronnie's lack of involvement starting on Bridges tour and the unbeleivable spectical of him been hugged and cheered for playing a few scales in the right order on Licks tour ie. CYHMK.

Thanks for the ride boys ,but it's over. Start releasing the archives instead.

sc uk. AND don't even mention the ticket pricing policy!

Sadly, I find myself agreeing with pretty much all of this post

This current tour has personally left me somewhat underwhelmed. Which is a pity, because with a fine new album, I had high hopes for it. But for the first time ever I find myself pretty much disinterested in finding out what they've played and uninspired by the shows I've heard (they havent been BAD, they just "dont move me" to quote one of Keith's old songs). And yeah, I realise I havent actually SEEN a show yet but on past tours I've waited until later in the tour to see them and the recordings I heard were still enough to keep the enthusiasm going.

I find myself increasingly disappointed and bewildered at almost every decision the Stones have made in recent years, because everything seems geared more towards making a quick buck than having anything to do with rock 'n' roll. To give one example, quite what the fuck this 'Days of our lives' shite has to do with what the Rolling Stones are supposed to stand for is beyond me. In fact, do they stand for ANYTHING these days? They've changed beyond recognition in the last 7-8 years or so. Until then, I'd have argued with anyone in their defence that despite everything, the music was the driving force behind them still doing what they do.

What is frustrating is that they still have a lot of potential. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the new album was, their last tour saw them dig deep (by their standards) into their rich back catalogue and play a series of shows with innovative setlists of great variety -but this tour just sees them going for an artistically empty big bucks greatest hits spectacle, with setlists lacking in imagination and aimed at a type of audience that I cant recognise. The commercial success of "40 Licks" has in effect just encouraged them to become a greatest hits act catering mostly for people who have a lot of money but who dont normally buy Rolling Stones records.

I'll no doubt enjoy the shows I see next year, but for me the social side of going to Stones shows has become more of a big deal than the shows themselves. Unless the type of show they're playing changes and (more importantly) unless the ticket-pricing system changes (not just the prices, but the deceitful way its organised), this will personally be my last Stones tour.

When I look around and see how other artists (eg Dylan, Neil Young etc) have dealt with the difficult subject of playing rock n roll into their 60's and not only keeping an audience but managing to attract a new one, I see a band whose decisions in the last few years indicate that they simply don't care (or either they're so far removed from reality that they have little concept of) how they're going to be remembered in 10 or 20 years time. The longer they continue in the way they're going now, the more likely it is they're going to be remembered in years to come as the greediest band of all time, and people are going to forget that they were actually the greatest band of all time.
December 16th, 2005 10:45 PM
glencar Sad but true.
December 16th, 2005 10:51 PM
jb The shows have been awesome....they sound great..just the other stuff is ridiculous.
December 16th, 2005 11:12 PM
glencar Joshy, chat at Maxy's...NOW!
December 16th, 2005 11:17 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, chat at Maxy's...NOW!

I am tired...and have an infection.
December 16th, 2005 11:18 PM
glencar I'm infected too, you crazy bitch! It's his first yr anny. You better get there or I'll start posting pro-Arafat stuff again.
December 17th, 2005 01:12 AM
keefjunkie Yeah the shows are great their playing great it sounds great etc. The setlists could be better but all i really care about is that i saw the stones play rocks off and get off my cloud from 30 ft away..

I agree with gazza about how the sucess of 40 licks has just encouraged them to play "the greatest hits" setlist, actually the other day it occured to me how ironic it was that the tour for Fourty Licks was their most innovative tour pretty much ever for changin up the setlists and playing the rarities, and now their tour for their new great album features mostly material from fourty licks and nothing to eye catching in the setlists.

Doesnt that seem backwards?
December 17th, 2005 06:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Sadly, I find myself agreeing with pretty much all of this post

This current tour has personally left me somewhat underwhelmed. Which is a pity, because with a fine new album, I had high hopes for it. But for the first time ever I find myself pretty much disinterested in finding out what they've played and uninspired by the shows I've heard (they havent been BAD, they just "dont move me" to quote one of Keith's old songs). And yeah, I realise I havent actually SEEN a show yet but on past tours I've waited until later in the tour to see them and the recordings I heard were still enough to keep the enthusiasm going.

I find myself increasingly disappointed and bewildered at almost every decision the Stones have made in recent years, because everything seems geared more towards making a quick buck than having anything to do with rock 'n' roll. To give one example, quite what the fuck this 'Days of our lives' shite has to do with what the Rolling Stones are supposed to stand for is beyond me. In fact, do they stand for ANYTHING these days? They've changed beyond recognition in the last 7-8 years or so. Until then, I'd have argued with anyone in their defence that despite everything, the music was the driving force behind them still doing what they do.

What is frustrating is that they still have a lot of potential. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the new album was, their last tour saw them dig deep (by their standards) into their rich back catalogue and play a series of shows with innovative setlists of great variety -but this tour just sees them going for an artistically empty big bucks greatest hits spectacle, with setlists lacking in imagination and aimed at a type of audience that I cant recognise. The commercial success of "40 Licks" has in effect just encouraged them to become a greatest hits act catering mostly for people who have a lot of money but who dont normally buy Rolling Stones records.

I'll no doubt enjoy the shows I see next year, but for me the social side of going to Stones shows has become more of a big deal than the shows themselves. Unless the type of show they're playing changes and (more importantly) unless the ticket-pricing system changes (not just the prices, but the deceitful way its organised), this will personally be my last Stones tour.

When I look around and see how other artists (eg Dylan, Neil Young etc) have dealt with the difficult subject of playing rock n roll into their 60's and not only keeping an audience but managing to attract a new one, I see a band whose decisions in the last few years indicate that they simply don't care (or either they're so far removed from reality that they have little concept of) how they're going to be remembered in 10 or 20 years time. The longer they continue in the way they're going now, the more likely it is they're going to be remembered in years to come as the greediest band of all time, and people are going to forget that they were actually the greatest band of all time.

amen to that Gazza.
You gave all the reasons why I won t buy a tix for this tour.
December 17th, 2005 10:36 AM
Stray Cat UK It's all so bloody depressing. They don't deserve any loyalty anymore.

Maybe Bill's timing was perfect.

I think the next tour will be so expensive,that it will be out of your average diehard's reach.

Next tour ,maybe we (from all sites) should organise Stones weekends with tribute bands etc. as if the have already gone. They might as well be (as a band).

Each tour since 82 I've seen more shows,but having tickets for just 2 I already feel like I've been mugged.

sc uk
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)