ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger arrives at Palace!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12-12-03 12:02 PM
CS Call me Sir Michael
Friday, December 12, 2003 Posted: 10:31 AM EST (1531 GMT)

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Rolling Stone Mick Jagger, newly knighted at Buckingham Palace, says he likes the idea of being called "Sir Michael" from now on.

"I suppose people will call me 'Sir Mick' but 'Sir Michael' has a nice ring to it," he said after receiving the honor Friday.

Jagger was announced by Master of the Royal Household Vice Admiral Tom Blackburn as "Sir Michael Jagger" receiving the accolade of knighthood "for services to popular music."

The knighthood was bestowed by a light sword touch on each shoulder from Prince Charles, standing in for his mother Queen Elizabeth II, who is in hospital for knee surgery.

There were no hordes of screaming fans, just the prince in the naval uniform of an admiral waiting to congratulate him. Jagger, 60, was watched by his 92-year-old father Joe, and daughters Karis, 32, and Elizabeth, 19.

Rock music's new knight made a respectful bow of the head and finished the royal encounter with a handshake as from a minstrels' gallery, a military band played a selection of tunes outside the Stones' repertoire -- Handel's Water Music and Schubert's D Minor Quartet.

After the ceremony Jagger played down the occasion and said fellow band member Keith Richards, who had publicly criticized his fellow group member for "selling out" by accepting the honor, was jealous of his award.

Wearing a black suit rather than the traditional top hat and tails, Jagger told the UK's Press Association: "It's very nice to have honors given to you as long as you don't take it all too seriously.

"You should wear them lightly and not get carried away with your own self-importance."

On Richards, the new Sir Michael said: "I think he would probably like to get the same honor himself.

"It's like being given an ice cream -- one gets one and they all want one. It's nothing new. Keith likes to make a fuss."
12-12-03 12:14 PM
glencar Well, I think it's time to move on. Keith should drop it. Although it is indeed a paltry honor, it's done & there's no sense bawling about it anymore.
12-12-03 01:04 PM
SHINE A LIGHT now, was keith "bawling" ,that's one thing. or was he really "balling"?? hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
12-12-03 01:05 PM
glencar Bawling. Balling is what you do later.
12-12-03 01:15 PM
Monkey Woman Let's hope they won't get to the "brawling" stage!
12-12-03 02:02 PM
doo doo doo Dude "It is a bit like a bawling child who hasn't got an ice cream"

Saw that clip on the news and was cracking up since Mick was clearly teasing Keith (and the media) for making such a stink. There was definitly no malice in the comment, he had a big-ass grin on his face and I'm sure Keith will get a good chuckle as well. a classic Glimmer Twin moment.
12-12-03 02:03 PM
glencar That handle reminds me that I have some to doo doo doo doo!
12-12-03 02:07 PM
Boomy
quote:
jb wrote:
Isn't Keith going to be even more livid regarding MJ's remark? Mick must be really pissed at Keith as he almost never publicly takes a shot at him. I don't think this is a good omen for any upcoming tours/albums.

JB, just one thing here:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

They ain't stopping. Albums, yes, but tours, no fucking way.
12-12-03 02:21 PM
glencar Plus Mick was apparently laughing when he said it. This whole misadventure has been great publicity for the Glimmers.
12-12-03 02:26 PM
Boomy Keith don't know how to ball. He ain't got "game".

You know who know how to ball? Stevie Francis know how to ball!

I'll take ya to the left..no, no..I'll take ya to the right.

Between the legs, behind the back, I break yo' ankles and slam the jack! Boo-ya!
12-12-03 05:18 PM
keith_tif I'm very sad because you're not a rock'n roll man. It's a shame, you're a silly boy. Keith is right, another a mistake!
12-12-03 05:22 PM
glencar Cheer up, dude!

12-12-03 05:47 PM
Gazza The Stones might "play" rock n roll, mate but they havent "been" rock n roll for over 30 years - wake up and smell the coffee.

For all the whining and bitching about this, no one seems to care for what his family - and in particular his 92 year old dad - might think of the honour. I'm sure he's delighted. He looks it. That to me is more important than Keith's hypocritical whining and all this "he's sold out" nonsense. I hope they all enjoyed their day out.

Its ok, everyone. The world didnt stop revolving on it's axis after all...
12-12-03 06:03 PM
glencar I said the same thing eatrlier, Gazza. It seems to have made JJ very happy. And that's a good thing!

12-12-03 06:08 PM
Gazza we're agreeing too much these days,mate.

we'll be announcing our impending nuptials at this rate....
12-12-03 06:08 PM
glencar Only if we fly to Canada...

12-12-03 06:10 PM
Gazza well you're closer so I guess you'll have to buy the license...
12-12-03 06:12 PM
glencar In honor of the upcoming nuptials, let's get a little pink in here:

12-12-03 06:13 PM
glencar We gotta stop this. Let's discuss Irish freedom! LOL
12-12-03 06:19 PM
Gazza Er no..we could easily fall out very fast!
12-12-03 06:22 PM
glencar We'll always have Canada!

12-12-03 06:52 PM
SirMuddy btw I'm just thinking Keith made it up
to put some more light on "Sir Mick's" day...
He give the good job to Mick...
As someone else said,
Some more pubs for FLICKS
And the Glimmer Twins laughing together yet again
Jah bless Sir Michael Philip Jagger
& God roll his owns!
12-13-03 08:29 AM
Factory Girl I'd like to be the maid of honor at the nutials of Gazza and glencar...rotfl.

Glencar, you seem to have become very "emoticon-sufficient"...lol
12-13-03 09:05 AM
MarthaMyDear I LOVE the look on Mick's face on the first page of this
thread where it just shows him and his father!!! He just
has this little boy look/smile and his father looks so
proud!!! That's EXCELLENT!!! Very nice... I think Mick's
dressed especially nice there, also!!! Cool!!! Thank you
for the pix!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
12-13-03 04:18 PM
Sue Some more from Newsday, Inc

Getty Images

12-13-03 08:05 PM
glencar Now that's funny!

FG, I learned at the feet of the master of emoticons & look forward to outdoing him shortly, if I can maintain my interest in that sort of thing!
12-13-03 09:48 PM
Gazza I liked this cartoon by Matt in today's "Daily Telegraph"

12-13-03 09:55 PM
MarthaMyDear Um, *** I'M *** the master of emoticons, glencar!!!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!! I INFLUENCED MY GENERATION, HERE!!!!!!
CRACKING-UP!!!!!! NO RESPECT, I TELL YA'!!! NO RESPECT!!
CRACKING-UP!!!!!!! Those are REALLY cute cartoons, you guys!!!
lol........ Thank you Sue and Gary!!! Very cute...
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
12-13-03 10:04 PM
glencar You'd be the mistress of emoticons but even that's incorrect. Joey is the master.
12-13-03 10:04 PM
glencar For now anyway...

Page: 1 2 3