ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan Live During the Infidels Years (ssc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-09-03 04:20 PM
Gazza Check out also the two weeks of shows at Fox Warfield in San Francisco in November 1980 for another series of great shows from that era.

Great singin', great band and great performances. lots of unreleased songs and special guests and Bob'd downright chatty at times with some terrific in-between song stories..
12-09-03 05:22 PM
T&A 81 was a little awkward for live performances. Some of the SOL material translated well, some didn't. But, the band was changing players and was not nearly as tight as in 79/80. In retrospect, it was a harbinger of the "vision" that Dylan would lose in the mid-80's and would not be recaptured in full until the mid-90's....
12-09-03 06:21 PM
Nasty Habits Warfield shows are thee business -- there is a version of "Precious Angel" from one of those shows that really shows how spontaneous the gospel band could be -- whilst singing the 'shine a light' part Bob actually breaks away from the mic and grabs his harmonica to lay down some truly majestic screeches.
12-12-03 07:58 AM
Zeeta I definitely agree that Bob is at his absolute peak when he feels dejected and low. Personally, and I aint no Bob expert, my favourite album is Blood On the Tracks.
You're a big girl now and If you see her say hello are so powerful and convay that "break up" feeling really well.
Also Idiot Wind makes me chuckle at the way he is literally spitting vitriol at anyone and anything that has annoyed him!

"One day you'll be in the ditch, flies buzzin' around your eyes,
Blood on your saddle."

Brilliant!
12-12-03 11:24 PM
Gazza >Warfield shows are thee business -- there is a version of "Precious Angel" from one of those shows that really shows how spontaneous the gospel band could be -- whilst singing the 'shine a light' part Bob actually breaks away from the mic and grabs his harmonica to lay down some truly majestic screeches.

isnt that the 1979 warfield shows where he ONLY played "gospel" material? The shows a year later featured a mixture of gospel and secular material and he'd cut down on the "youre all going to hell" style lectures to the audiences.... Both "seasons" of shows are excellent, although I prefer the 1980 ones.

Page: 1 2