ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Well, Well and EWG - A Disgrace to Bootlegs! Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-09-03 06:03 PM
gotdablouse While it's always ill-advised to wish harm upon a fellow human being, maybe a a tree will fall on Chuck by 2005 so that we can enjoy the Stones in the raw again, like on EWG ;-)
12-09-03 10:28 PM
Steel Wheels Am I the only person who thinks Ron and Keith are playing better than ever, sounding better than ever, and representing the best live shows ever?

I love me my Stones.
12-10-03 12:34 AM
Boomy I think you may be overstating it a bit..

They are not playing better than ever at all...it's ok, but it's not better than ever. Geez, c'mon!

12-11-03 08:00 AM
gotdablouse I guess all things are relative in life, but Keith and Ron playing "better than ever"...hum, a definite NO!

For Ron, it's easy, listen to Love You Live from the 1975 tour, that will take care of it. For Keith I'm not so sure. It's not that he plays badly these days, it's just that he doesn't play much at all...when did he stop pumping it out like crazy, dunno, I guess the last time was on the 1981 tour?
12-11-03 12:32 PM
Boomy I know what you mean.

Seems like in the earlier days when he was kicking ass on the guitar he would play these long streams of notes that connected so well.

Now it seems like he plays the riffs ok, but fills in the notes by just doing these little "plucks".

It's really sad these days when you hear more of Chuck than the two guitars. I don't think it's the sound guys fault, either.
[Edited by Boomy]
12-11-03 07:31 PM
gotdablouse Don't get me started on Chuckster's inept plink-plonking on numbers like JJF or WTWhip. In fact I can't watch MSG on FF because of him.

You're right though, Keith is the only man to blame for that. If he cared a little bit more about the music than about the "act" or the cash piling up in his bank account (I don't believe he's so out of it as to not realize what's going on) then he would go out and do the "pump" like he used to until 1981. Just watch the LSTNT movie and it's amazing what Keith, Ron and especially Bill do between them, a really mean lean machine, with some tasteful playing by Stu and Mac in the background...
Page: 1 2