ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1976 Christopher Sykes
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GUNMAN KILLS FOUR AT HEAVY METAL GIG Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 9th, 2004 01:02 PM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Niggemeyer? What an odd name.
[Edited by glencar]

I giggled at that name when the cop said it during the press conference.
December 9th, 2004 01:04 PM
glencar It's when they ban a word like that that it makes us all giggle at any near-mention of it.
December 9th, 2004 01:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot First, the Great White fire....now this.

And some of you people are looking forward to a Motley Crue tour!?!?! It's the coming of complete and utter DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

My GOD wake UP people!

Besides, who the hell is Washburn gonna get to hawk their shitty guitars now that Dimebag is dead, murdered, and someone is responsible?

Wait...what?
December 9th, 2004 01:14 PM
not bound to please
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's when they ban a word like that that it makes us all giggle at any near-mention of it.

I think it's a slur against black jews.

December 9th, 2004 01:20 PM
Phog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Besides, who the hell is Washburn gonna get to hawk their shitty guitars now that Dimebag is dead, murdered, and someone is responsible?

They're gonna have to look to former Quiet Riot guitarist Carlos Cavazo. He played Washburns.

Jesus, I'm embarassed to even know that.
December 9th, 2004 01:25 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
December 9th, 2004 02:07 PM
TMR A friend passed this on, he found it on a forum. Ditto on the above, was a good man and incredible guitar player.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I live in Dallas and was part of the metal scene back in the day...so I am tight with the band's techs/roadies and know the DamagePlan bassist Bob(zilla) very well from his days with Hellafied Funk Crew.

As per Vinnie being killed and/or shot that is false. What we down was they started the show, that nutcase jumped up on stage...went straight for Dimebag apparently saying something about Pantera being broken up and proceeded to shoot him 5x in the back of the head. A bouncer and their tour manager, Mayhem, jumped on the guy and after a struggle, Mayhem was shot and is hospitalized and prob wont make it. Kat, Vinnie Pauls drum tech, was shot 2x in the leg while the gunman unloaded a clip. He proceeded to reload and start firing at the crowd, then took someone hostage and that is when the cop sniped him.
Yeah, there may have been "bad blood" between Phil and the Abbott bros, but that is between them and its unfathomable to think a "fan" would decide to settle their differences for them.

Regardless if you dislike their music, Dimebag was a legend in the guitar community and a damn nice guy that loved what he did and the people that supported their music. A true fan of heavy metal if there ever was one and he will be remembered.
December 9th, 2004 03:06 PM
glencar From pantera.com:

Some people who knew Nathan "Nate" Gale (photo) said Thursday that the heavy metal music fan had a quick temper, NBC 4 has reported.

Gale, 25, was the man who police said shot and killed four people inside the Alrosa Village nightclub Wednesday night.

A Columbus police officer who was called to the scene shot and killed Gale as he was holding a hostage, authorities said.

Gale was a 1998 Marysville High School graduate and lived in an apartment in downtown Marysville, NBC 4's Holly Hollingsworth reported.

He served in the United States Marine Corps from February 2002 through November 2003, but did not serve his full term, Hollingsworth reported. The USMC would not give the circumstances of his discharge, Hollingsworth reported.

While some in the community said Gale had a quick temper, others said he was a good-natured person.

Mikayla Weitzenecker, who works at Maggie's Restaurant in Marysville, said Gale was in the restaurant this week and said he loved children.

"He always played with the little ones when he was in here," Weitzenecker said. "He was just a real gentle guy. He seemed like a big old teddy bear to me. I never would have thought what made him do that."
December 9th, 2004 04:37 PM
gypsy Quick-tempered? Ya think?
December 9th, 2004 05:14 PM
gypsy It's a good thing that you-know-who wasn't at Hyde Park in July of 1969. I could just imagine her rushing the stage and shooting the Stones for killing Brian.
December 9th, 2004 05:19 PM
glencar She IS a doozy!
December 9th, 2004 05:21 PM
kath this is very sad. i dunno who any of these people are, but after the great white fire, this is pretty creepy stuff. i remember when i used to go to clubs that i always stayed near an "exit" (making sure it was not chained shut or blocked) because i always worried about fire.

but this. jeeezuz. this is just unimaginable. to jump up on a stage and shoot some poor bastard five times in the head.

the world is getting scarier all the damn time.....
December 9th, 2004 05:30 PM
gypsy
quote:
kath wrote:
this is very sad. i dunno who any of these people are, but after the great white fire, this is pretty creepy stuff. i remember when i used to go to clubs that i always stayed near an "exit" (making sure it was not chained shut or blocked) because i always worried about fire.

but this. jeeezuz. this is just unimaginable. to jump up on a stage and shoot some poor bastard five times in the head.

the world is getting scarier all the damn time.....

I agree with you. Sometimes I worry about our Stones.
December 9th, 2004 05:46 PM
glencar I know what you mean. Some scary fan could get up close & take a shot in retribution for some imagined insult in the Stones lyrics.
December 9th, 2004 06:15 PM
corgi37 Stupid mad bastards.

Mind you, i'd shoot Dimebag too.

What a scrote!
December 9th, 2004 07:20 PM
Lazy Bones I just heard on the news that 5 people have died from the incident...
December 9th, 2004 07:39 PM
doo doo doo Dude Too bad this guy wasn't a fan of The Eagles
December 9th, 2004 09:29 PM
kath now THAT'S a crappy thing to say!!! jeeezuz.....

you know, john got it 24 years ago and it's just not funny. i saw a guy jump on stage and grab mick in vegas at the no security show before the apes got to him. he could very easily have killed mick if that had been his intent.

this is scarey stuff to me. i saw a guy "stalking charlie" for his autograph. he was a typical "hound", he was maybe 21 or so. had a couple of kids with him, a teen ager and a pre teen...anyway, they were talking about how much they'd get for his autograph and they could split it three ways and blah blah blah. he came outta the club, they got a picture taken with him. charlie gets into the van, denies them an autograph. the go around to the back of the van (where i am standing about 20 feet away) and they start to climb into the back of the van. i yelled at chuch and bless his heart, that little guy jumped on the older guy and pulled him outta the van, told him to get the fuck away from the van. so the guy screams "fuck you, charlie watts!" and tears up the 1 autograph they got when they got the picture taken...stomped it into the ground....it was amazing. and terribly frightening.
December 10th, 2004 01:08 PM
doo doo doo Dude This is the sound of my brain
Then I said -This is the sound of my brain on Don Henley
Then I said -One two three four

He's a tortured artist
Used to be in the eagles
Now he whines like a wounded beagle

Poet of despair
Puffed up with hot air
He's serious, pretentious and I just don't care

Don henley must die
Don't let him get back together
With Glenn Frey, Don Henley must die

Cut on the TV
And what did I see
This bloated hairy thing winnin' a grammy
Huah

Best rock vocalist
Compared to what
Bunch of pseudo-serious Kraft angst-a-matic
Satanic plot

Don Henley Must die
Put a sharp stick in his eye, don henley must die
Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya
Oh

Quit playin' that crap
Youíre out of the band

I'm only kidding, can't you tell?
I love his sensitve music
Idiot poetry swell

You and your kind
Are killin' rock and roll
It's not because youíre o-l-d
--Cause you ain't
Got no soul

Don't be afraid of fun
Loosen up your ponytail
Be wild, young
Free and-a
Get your head
Outta your tail

Don Henley
Must die
Donít let him get back together
With Glenn Frey

Don Henley
Must die
Put him in the electric chair
Watch him fry, Don Henley must die

Don Henley must die
Ah ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya

No Eagles reunion
The same goes for you too Sting
Ah
Oh

Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood