ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm ok people, Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-03-03 10:54 AM
egon but this is definitely not the sunny south i came to know and love...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/france/story/0,11882,1098957,00.html

how's it with the rest of you frenchies?
12-03-03 11:00 AM
glencar Wow! Best of luck to those in the way.
12-03-03 11:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I hate winter. I hope you all stay safe.
12-03-03 11:09 AM
jb Glad your O.K.
12-03-03 11:10 AM
glencar The Northeast is possibly getting a noreaster this Friday.
12-03-03 11:18 AM
egon i haven't even seen rain like this when still living in holland. and we dutch practically invented the thing!

12-03-03 11:21 AM
glencar Love those canals!
12-03-03 11:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Northeast is possibly getting a noreaster this Friday.

YUK. They're saying it might miss Maine though. I sure hope so. It's already clocking way below normal temps here. But at least the suns out. Take me to the beach!
12-03-03 11:33 AM
jb It's very windy down here today as well....
12-03-03 11:34 AM
glencar Not quite a noreaster in Miami though...
12-03-03 11:46 AM
glencar Our Weather Channel here in the USA just mentioned that France's floods have ended & you can now expect sunshine.
12-03-03 11:56 AM
nankerphelge I hope we get a shitload of snow in DC.

You have never seen anything more pathetic than the drivers around here in snow! They are so clueless, it is really beyond description. As soon as a "weatherman" down here (and I use that term very loosely as they have a hard enuf time telling us what happened yesterday, let alone tomorrow) say the word "snow" -- everyone slows down to about 15 miles an hour and looks toward the sky nervously as if a foot of snow will somehow sneak up on them and bury their car!

Back in '95/'96 we got 3 storms right in a row -- dropped about 2 feet on DC. Had to shut the government down for a week! Schools were closed for 2 weeks. The 3 plows owned by DC just pushed the snow from one street to another -- never got rid of any of it until it melted.

I swear, last night's rush hour was particularly slow and I would bet it was because it was cold here.

Cold = could snow = slow down to a crawl!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
12-03-03 11:59 AM
glencar People are a bit more adept up here but I have sisters who live in Columbia, MD & they've said the same thing about that area.
12-03-03 12:02 PM
egon
quote:
glencar wrote:
Our Weather Channel here in the USA just mentioned that France's floods have ended & you can now expect sunshine.

thanks, that must mean i'm just hearing things,
cos to me it feels like the wind is blowing around the office with about force 7, and dark clouds are approaching.
just like last night....

Round 3, bring it on!
12-03-03 12:03 PM
egon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
As soon as a "weatherman" down here (and I use that term very loosely as they have a hard enuf time telling us what happened yesterday, let alone tomorrow) say the word "snow" -- everyone slows down to about 15 miles an hour and looks toward the sky nervously as if a foot of snow will somehow sneak up on them and bury their car!

know what you mean nank. schools are closed today (and probably tomorrow as well, and a lot of people did not go to work.

pussies!
12-03-03 12:04 PM
nankerphelge It is really quite funny.

There is a guy on my street that has a 4-wheel truck.
Last year, when we had that big storm, the plows didn't get to our road for 3 days.

Each day he got the truck out and tried to get up the hill -- and it is a small hill -- in front of my house.

Failed all three times!!

As soon as he started slipping, he gunned it so that all 4 tires were spinning wildly -- making ice underneath each.
That's the answer -- "gun it" -- stupic fuck.

The best reward was when I pulled my rear-wheel drive V8 out and shot right up the hill like nobody's business!!

Sing with me now:

"Oh the weather outside is frightful
and Virginians are dumb as a box of hammers
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"
12-03-03 12:07 PM
glencar The worst place where I experienced bad weather was Oklahomo City, OK. They had an ice storm which is tough to get through but it shut them down for a week or so.
12-03-03 12:08 PM
egon gonna (try to) go home now.

goodbye you all, here goes nothing...
12-03-03 12:09 PM
glencar Good luck! And good day!
12-03-03 12:33 PM
LadyJane As a native and lifelong resident of Buffalo...I could make a fortune in VA...driving people around during the Winter. A foot of snow is no big deal!! Well maybe I'll drop the speed down to 25.

See...being from WNY has its advantages!!

LJ.
12-03-03 12:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
As a native and lifelong resident of Buffalo...I could make a fortune in VA...driving people around during the Winter. A foot of snow is no big deal!! Well maybe I'll drop the speed down to 25.
LJ.

Yeah...but they don't have snow in Virgina. That's why they're in Virgina. Bastards. SNOW SUCKS.
12-03-03 12:40 PM
Jacques Hi
happy you're safe Egon. It was terrible in Marseille yesterday (I saw on TV) and today in Montpellier, and some people died.
Marseille, Montpellier 2 towns where The Rolling Stones have been in show. Hope it will not the same for Nice, Lyon and Paris.
Here in Limoges (center of France)a pretty nice kind of British weather....drizzle
;-) LOL.
12-03-03 12:41 PM
LadyJane Then what the Hell are you doing living in Maine??? LOL

LJ.

God it's cold here today!! I think we are at 17 degrees!!
12-03-03 12:55 PM
jb We will pray for you Egon and may our lord and savior, Jesus Christ of Nazareth have mercy on your wretched soul.
[Edited by jb]
12-03-03 01:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]LadyJane wrote:
Then what the Hell are you doing living in Maine??? LOL
/quote]

Stuck. It is a snowstorm and you never get out. I mean Maine has it's good points but it's not the climate. I mean I've learned to like Maine, but it is a hard life. There's still under 2,000,000 people here though which is good. Maine is actually kind of a "hippie state" as in the 70's they all "came back to the land" from Boston and NYC. Kind of like what happened in Oregon in the early 70's. Maine & Oregon are kind of "sister states".
12-03-03 01:07 PM
jb Who has more rednecks, Maine or Conneticut?
12-03-03 01:08 PM
Joey " Who has more rednecks, Maine or Conneticut? "

Nebraska !

12-03-03 01:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Who has more rednecks, Maine or Conneticut? "
Nebraska !

Connecticut? The spoiled brat state? No redrecks. Maine rednecks are closet liberals.
12-03-03 01:51 PM
nankerphelge Virginia has rednecks!

I mean serious rednecks!

Picky ups everywhere with nekkid ladies on the mudflaps and a confederate flag in the back window!! You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a tattoo parlor and chewing tobacco is the state food!

12-03-03 01:59 PM
nankerphelge Yeah well, they ain't taking no likin' to that long-haired rock & roll down here.

Conway Twitty and Loretta are all the rage in these here parts.

Hell, Nashville is just a spit & a holler down the four-lane, son!
Page: 1 2