ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Albert Memorial in London
Thanks Ruby Tuesday

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 12/2/03 Header ===> Melbourne 1973 Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-05-03 08:56 AM
Stonefarker BTW - how bad is the Stones' performance in Auckland?? Terrible....
12-05-03 09:33 AM
Mathijs Thanks Harold, never knew about the MSG1 suit!

about the Gibson SG: the picture above is the first picture I have ever seen of Keith using it for something else than Midnight Rambler. A guess on the song they're playing: Mick and Keith both at the mic, and Keith laying an E or B chord: it could be Bye Bye Johnnie.

Keith also used the Gibson SG for the promo of Silvertrain, but that was playback.

Mathijs
12-05-03 10:21 AM
Stonefarker Mathjis,

I they didn't play Bye Bye Johnny during the 'Down Under' Tour (they played Little Queenie instead). I reckon the song could be Honky Tonk Women...??
12-05-03 10:41 AM
Stonefarker Oopps...take that back - most probably Bye Bye Johnny!

Too much wine........

Stonefarker.
12-05-03 03:28 PM
stoneslib I can't get this posted link to open.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/UIHQP9...4KQ/06edit1.jpg

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks.

12-05-03 03:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I can't as it's protected, maybe it belongs to a Yahoo Group or something similar.

I sent an e-mail to Stonefarker asking for it to post it, but if someone gets the image and its authorization I can post it here.
12-05-03 07:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Stonesfarker!

Melbourne, Australia February 17, 1973 First show

12-06-03 06:09 AM
corgi37 Great pics! Fellow Aussies might know this. See the 2nd pic? See the guy with the mo' & the sunnies sitting in the background? Is that the security guy? Buggered if i can recall his name. IF its the bloke i'm thinking about, he was one of the 1st in this country to provide security services. He was one of the 1st to be an expert in martial arts (this is stretching things, but i think Chuck Norris taught him). He was a well known figure during the 70's-80's. And, i just read about him about a month ago. I think he has a book out. It's killing me that i cant recall his name. Man, he might even have had a bit part in "The Man from Hong Kong". It's not Grant Page. Wow, i just cant think. From memory, either Sunbury or the wacky Joe Cocker tour was around his beginnings, he got a name protecting stars and crooks. Anyway, what a great seat he's got!
12-06-03 10:52 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 those are some great photos.
12-07-03 08:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl More pix from Melbourne February 17, 1973 First show, with thanks to Stonefarker

12-07-03 09:06 PM
glencar That sepia-toned photo is awesome, baby!
12-07-03 09:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Singing Midnight Rambler in that sepia pic
12-08-03 12:13 AM
parmeda Voo, they could have been playing 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' in that photo...it doesn't matter! (At least not to me it doesn't, lol...) Mick is still hotter than a rack of burning coals

Those are some great pictures...thanks!
12-08-03 12:39 AM
stonedinaustralia yes they are some great shots despite or perhaps because of the fact they are day time

love charlie's umbrella and they must be keith's teeth at their absolute nadir

even tho they're daylight shots they still give off the stones magic 'tho generally i would say, when it comes to rock and roll, - "the night time is the right time"
Page: 1 2