ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Dirty Work Sessions - Pathé-Marconi Studios
Boulogne-Billancourt, France - Spring 1985
© Christian FIOT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC/DC.... laying too low? Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th December 2006 07:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels What's up? I hope everything is OK. It kind of makes me nervous when a band of AC/DC's calibre lays this low for so long.
7th December 2006 07:31 PM
WattsAtScotts I loved Stiff Upper Lip and the tour
7th December 2006 07:32 PM
ListenToTheLion ACDC= One pile of big shit
7th December 2006 08:12 PM
mrhipfl not true! AC/DC rock. Isn't their new album supposed to be released this year?
7th December 2006 08:44 PM
mojoman lets go outback tonight
7th December 2006 10:31 PM
Soldatti
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
not true! AC/DC rock. Isn't their new album supposed to be released this year?

The first release date for it was on October 25 2004, even the name (Strap It On) was there. In two months the break will be up to 7 years, are they trying to tie the Stones 8 years mark?
7th December 2006 10:35 PM
mrhipfl hopefully they try to tie the stones and not guns n' roses.
7th December 2006 10:55 PM
Bruno The only other band that could make me burn with pleasure all the money I burned for the Stones in Rio.

I hope Brian Johnson still has his voice. You can already feel it a little damaged in the Stiff Upper Lip dvd, and now it´s 5 years later...

[Edited by Bruno]
8th December 2006 12:20 AM
rogerriffin
quote:
Bruno wrote:
The only other band that could make me burn with pleasure all the money I burned for the Stones in Rio.

I hope Brian Johnson still has his voice. You can already feel it a little damaged in the Stiff Upper Lip dvd, and now it´s 5 years later...

[Edited by Bruno]

In fact, the voice of Brian its the reazon why they no touring yet...

I´m very impatient, if they dont come to Mexico (as SUL Tour) i´ll fly to Toronto to see them-!!!

Today received the Bonfire Usa 1997 edition with all items!

I need an Accadacca live show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8th December 2006 02:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels A salute to Bon Scott

December 08, 2006 03:00pm
www.news.com.au/perthnow

SOME big-name Australian rockers are teaming up for a Bon Scott Celebration Concert to raise money for a statue of the late AC/DC singer in Fremantle.

Playing their own hits plus Bon era AC/DC classics will be The Angels, Rose Tattoo and The Party Boys, featuring some of Australia’s most highly regarded rock musicians including former members of AC/DC and Status Quo and some extra special guests!!. Joining them are The Screaming Jets, Dave Warner’s from the Suburbs, The Spazzys, The Flairz and more.

The concert will be on Sunday, February 25, at the Claremont Showgrounds.

For more concert and ticket information, visit www.bonscottconcert.com.au
8th December 2006 03:00 AM
Homercles I heard a rumour a year or more ago that a member of the band was ill. The details of the illness was not specified however. The source of the rumour is normally quite reliable for music information and has contacts within the Australian music industry. Since then I have heard stories about Angus Young breaking his leg, Brian J. having throat problems etc. Who knows what really is going on. Brian also stated in an interview in an Italian music publication back in 2004 that they had enough material for a double album which was due to be released in 2005. He also said the album would be heavy in a similar vein to Flick the Switch. I'm thinking either the illness story has some merit or maybe they recorded an album, weren't happy with it and have decided to started from scratch. I've also noticed that their music has been appearing more frequently on tv shows, movies etc - maybe to keep their devoted fans happy until we get a new album.
8th December 2006 09:53 AM
solmask There was a story yesterday in the Irish edition of the Daily Mirror about AC/DC playing a gig in Ireland next year link below.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/northernireland/news/tm_method=full%26objectid=18223663%26siteid=94762-name_page.html
[Edited by solmask]
8th December 2006 10:05 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
A salute to Bon Scott

December 08, 2006 03:00pm
www.news.com.au/perthnow

SOME big-name Australian rockers are teaming up for a Bon Scott Celebration Concert to raise money for a statue of the late AC/DC singer in Fremantle.

Playing their own hits plus Bon era AC/DC classics will be The Angels, Rose Tattoo and The Party Boys, featuring some of Australia’s most highly regarded rock musicians including former members of AC/DC and Status Quo and some extra special guests!!. Joining them are The Screaming Jets, Dave Warner’s from the Suburbs, The Spazzys, The Flairz and more.

The concert will be on Sunday, February 25, at the Claremont Showgrounds.

For more concert and ticket information, visit www.bonscottconcert.com.au

8th December 2006 12:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Homercles wrote:
I heard a rumour a year or more ago that a member of the band was ill.

it was the old drummer
8th December 2006 12:23 PM
Dan These guys are set for life based on the sales of Back In Black alone. And the longer they wait, the more money they can command on tour as top tier legends rather than just another rock band on the road.

The lineup for the Australian show looks awesome.
8th December 2006 09:22 PM
AlexKx "Back In Black" is the second best selling l.p. in the world with 43 million sold worldwide. Guinesses Book Of World Records last month awarded Michael Jackson for his sales in particular "Thriller" which apparently has not been updated in 20 years...it is at 104 million. Think about that for a while...
9th December 2006 12:05 AM
Bruno I have both.
9th December 2006 05:48 AM
corgi37 So...do those two records outsell the entire Stones catalogue?

Or, would you have to throw in a Dark side of the moon or Bat out of hell or Saturday NIght fever or maybe a Eagles greatest hits to go over the Stones mark?

I think Thriller, Back in black and one of the above should be close to doing it.

Though, we shouldnt be too concerned. Abba has killed the Stones anyway.

Hopefully, the next double live cd will cure that!
*vomits*
9th December 2006 10:48 AM
AlexKx Sadly...I am slut for most recorded music just not really rap or jam bands (The Greatful Dead, Phish, Dave Mathews Band, Widespread Panic) or most any explicit music. So frankly I like everyone you just mentioned...though I don't know much about ABBA.
9th December 2006 10:49 AM
AlexKx Sadly...I am slut for most recorded music just not really rap or jam bands (The Greatful Dead, Phish, Dave Mathews Band, Widespread Panic) or most any explicit music. So frankly I like everyone you just mentioned...though I don't know much about ABBA.

Haven't the Rolling Stones sold far more than 147 million, eh? Much more.
[Edited by AlexKx]
9th December 2006 01:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well, there's nothing really wrong with being all washed up I guess. It happens to everyone and everything sooner or later, even the Stones. But it's great during the run and AC/DC have had a great run.
9th December 2006 07:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Bio plugs in to AC/DC
By Rob Thomas
Capitol Times
Dec 8, 2006

On a hot August night in 1977, when much of the country was mourning the death of a rock 'n' roll hero, Susan Masino found hers.

Then 21 and a journalist covering bar bands for a Madison music publication, Masino remembers heading down to a now-defunct rock club called the Stone Hearth to help out backstage as a favor. As she raced back and forth in her car, picking up food and bottles of Blue Nun wine for the dressing room, the radio airwaves were full of talk about the recent death of Elvis Presley.

Her favor got her and her friend a free ticket to see the band they were supplying deli trays and drinks for, some unknown rock band from Australia called AC/DC.

Almost 30 years later, AC/DC remains one of the biggest hard rock bands on the planet, inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in 2003. The band is still a huge concert draw, with 10,000 fans coming to see the group at the Kohl Center when it last played Madison in 2001. And Masino, who wrote about her experiences as a rock journalist in "Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy," is still a huge fan; when she works out, there's an AC/DC DVD on.

Now she's taken that enthusiasm into print, writing her new book, "Let There Be Rock: The Story of AC/DC," about her favorite band.

Which is not as easy as it sounds. In addition to being a huge fan, Masino has been friendly with members of the band for a long time and is invited backstage every time they play in town. To put aside her fandom and write honestly about the band's long and eventful career, which includes personal tragedies such as the death of lead singer Bon Scott, filled her with some trepidation.

"They obviously didn't disapprove, because they didn't try and stop me," she says. "They do value their privacy, and I didn't want them to think that I was selling out their friendship now. It was like walking the razor's edge. Some things I left out. Not things that I think would change the story, but I don't want them to think 'Hey, every time I talk to her, I see it in print somewhere.' "

Masino will host a book release party at 9 p.m. Saturday, but in keeping with her turn-it-up-to-11 subject matter, it won't be at a bookstore, but at the Club Tavern, 1915 Branch St., in Middleton. The John Masino Band and Trinity James & Big Bad will perform, and the cover charge is $5.

The idea for writing an AC/DC biography was actually not Masino's idea. She was at Book Expo America, the biggest booksellers convention in the country, promoting "Rock 'n' Roll Fantasy," when she visited the booth of Omnibus Press and marveled at its books, including biographies and sheet music. The editors at Omnibus were looking for an AC/DC bio, and when they learned of Masino's passion for the band ("Fantasy" features a 1979 backstage photo of Masino and the band on the cover), she got the gig.

The members of the band declined to cooperate with the book, as they have with every other biographer.

"Their official statement is that they are a work in progress and they're not ready to do a biography," Masino says. "That's a way to say that 'We'll do our own when we're ready.' And that's fair."

In a way, Masino says, the lack of cooperation was a blessing, because it meant that Masino didn't have to do an exhaustive, definitive, "authorized" version of the AC/DC story. Instead, she says her goal was to write it as a story, a lively narrative that both lifelong and nascent fans of the band could enjoy.

"I wanted it to be entertaining," she says. "That's a tough thing, because you're dealing with so many facts. It's told in a story fashion, like I'm sitting around the campfire with the kids saying, 'Hey, wanna hear the story of AC/DC?' I'm getting good feedback for that, but it was rough. Thirty-two years of history, that's a lot of stuff."

In researching the book, Masino says one of the things she discovered that surprised and impressed her the most was the level of dedication the band had for its music right from the start. By plotting out their first American tour on a map, she figures that the band members' touring van traveled over 40,000 miles in 1977 and 1978.

"I think that's what made them the band they are today," she says. "I found that it took seven years before they had more than a couple of days off for a break. They certainly earned what they are today."

So far, Masino has gotten a good response to the book, with fans as far away as Spain and Germany writing her to tell her how much they like it. She hasn't gotten a response from the band members themselves, but she hopes she'll get that backstage invite the next time they play in Madison.

"They're such a nice bunch of guys, I don't think there'll be a problem with it," he says. "But still I didn't want them to think that I'd sell out our friendship. My friendship with them is way more important than money. I wouldn't take a billion dollars to not know them."
9th December 2006 07:38 PM
BONOISLOVE AC / DC...

Any band of little people with bisexual connotations is fine, dandy and fancy-pants with me.
9th December 2006 08:34 PM
AlexKx When's this group going to do a compilation best of? A four or five c.d. box set will do...you know? I honestly don't think there is ANYONE who haven't had a compilation put out yet. That includes Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd, and gee who else? Everyone but AC/DC.
9th December 2006 08:44 PM
mojoman
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
AC / DC...

Any band of little people with bisexual connotations is fine, dandy and fancy-pants with me.

hobbit bands?
9th December 2006 08:53 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
mojoman wrote:

hobbit bands?

You expand Bono's fantasies beyond the beyond with the magic use of words and for that you shall receive a hug from him (which is the equivalent of six common hugs, as reported by the Hug Group Management International Association).
10th December 2006 06:46 AM
Pierre New album in 2007, be patient. Yes a band member has been ill (ACDC really wanted to make a new album during 2004) and there is a really war between Sony and Warner for the next album rights...

[Edited by Pierre]
10th December 2006 01:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
When's this group going to do a compilation best of? A four or five c.d. box set will do...you know? I honestly don't think there is ANYONE who haven't had a compilation put out yet. That includes Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson, Pink Floyd, and gee who else? Everyone but AC/DC.

Their best of is Back In Black, the people only buys that. Dark Side Of The Moon has sold more copies in the last 5 years than the Echoes compilation.
10th December 2006 02:43 PM
BARRYGIBBISLOVE I'm watching you Bono!

And I want to announce our upcoming World Tour reunion: The 2 Gees.

Peace Out,

Barry
10th December 2006 03:16 PM
nankerphelge A new release in '07 and a tour -- it will happen.

Bon won't be with them, though.
He died of scrotal strangulation years ago.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)