ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!"

Keith Richards. Stu's funeral - New York City 1985
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones' Tour Top Grosser (From cnn.com) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th December 2006 08:37 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Please, please tell me you photoshopped that....
[Edited by Gazza]

Sorry, Darling. I hate to be the one to tell you that those masks are available in the RS.com store. ($10US). God help us....this is the caption next to them:

"If you just want to see his face, these masks are perfect. Mick, Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie are all here in 8" x 10" masks. Each has a wood stick to hold and eye holes."

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
6th December 2006 01:07 AM
IanBillen Someone Mentioned:

"can the media now please stop referring to U2 as "the biggest band in the world"

I know for cryin out loud. They like to throw that in there at times just to not be so "in the norm" as in saying The Rolling Stones are over-all, age or not, the biggest band in terms of money, pull, world-wide recognition, respect world-wide, etc. etc.

U2 never was as big as The Stones. Period. There is no debate to it. Geeze U2 (supposeably???) broke The Voodoo Lounge tours record. And that is a decade later....

Ticket prices are higher and it took them a decade to (who knows, supposeably, still I am in doubt)top a decade old tour by The Stones. They are just catching up to 1994 numbers by Stones Standards.

Give me a break. They are a very big band (I don't know why 100%) but Ok I will give them that. But they never were, and never will be in The Stones League.

And last: Besides all that and aside from all that I have always found U2 to be the most overated band of all time.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
6th December 2006 01:21 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
And last: Besides all that and aside from all that I have always found U2 to be the most overated band of all time.

"Overated"??????????

You make Bono sad like the western wind when the sun goes down.

6th December 2006 01:24 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Another Spinal Tap moment.
6th December 2006 04:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Sorry, Darling. I hate to be the one to tell you that those masks are available in the RS.com store. ($10US). God help us....this is the caption next to them:

"If you just want to see his face, these masks are perfect. Mick, Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie are all here in 8" x 10" masks. Each has a wood stick to hold and eye holes."

it's the end of civilization as we know it.

Come on - own up. Which of you is buying this fucking shite?

[Edited by Gazza]
6th December 2006 10:15 AM
nanatod The Ozzie Guillen masks were free.
[Edited by nanatod]
6th December 2006 11:50 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
it's the end of civilization as we know it.

Come on - own up. Which of you is buying this fucking shite?

Who?

Our resident self-professed man of weath & taste - Pug. Thats who!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
6th December 2006 05:27 PM
Soldatti
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Give me a break. They are a very big band (I don't know why 100%) but Ok I will give them that. But they never were, and never will be in The Stones League.

Give them another 10 years, Vertigo was their Start Me Up. They are big for the 'emotion' of their music and the general public loves that.
7th December 2006 01:16 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Give them another 10 years, Vertigo was their Start Me Up. They are big for the 'emotion' of their music and the general public loves that.

Vertigo is a great song. I totally dig it. Finally U2 did something they had not done in their entire career. They Rocked! and for the first time in their career I said" Now that Rocks, about time, I gonna buy the fucker".

However,
the rest of the album, while good, does NOT follow that line and is a let down that doesn't really fill you up.

and Vertigo will not stand the test of time as Start me Up has and is now a classic. Also it was not as big of a single over-all.

And Edge has the same freakin whiney, echoey, guitar licks EVERY FRIGGIN SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a change in tuning or anything. God he is the most repeative guitar stylist ever.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
7th December 2006 10:47 AM
glencar You're just following that old "profit" SS, IanBillen, ain't ya?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)