ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!" - -
Keith Richards. New York City 1985

Ian "STU" Stewart b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985

Vielen Dank Bendix!!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So is there any word........ Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-06-02 07:26 AM
Maxlugar ....on if the Stones are in the studio cutting a new album?

Also, has anyone heard about the state of Mick and Keiths relationship post tour.

I haven't seen anything that talks about how the Stones themselves feel about the past tour. They have to think it was incredibly immpressive.

I realy hope they are recording some new stuff.

That 40 Licks bullshit can not be the last word on our incredible band.

MACKSEE!
12-06-02 07:44 AM
egon *
I realy hope they are recording some new stuff.

if they are, i sure hope it's gonna be better than "don't stop
12-06-02 08:20 AM
midnightmagic Right on! I still have not bought it.
12-06-02 08:34 AM
corgi37 neither have i. though i dont mind it. but the whole planning of the single is so amateurish. 3 months after the tour has started, still no clip. They shouldnt even bother now. Just get on to recording some new stuff.
12-06-02 08:46 AM
Boomhauer You guys are right. Hey, I enjoy "Don't Stop", but it's kind of like the flame has burned out from that song. Tell you the truth, there really was not even a spark for that song. They didn't do it any justice by just placing it on Forty Licks. Good song, though.

12-06-02 08:56 AM
egon don't stop is just not single material

it's an ok song, but for stones standards i think it is pretty crap.

sounds a bit like a bunch of burned out people trying to create a hit single.

just to be clear: i KNOW that the stones are not burned out,
but if all their new stuff is gonna be like this...

however i did buy the single - of course!
[Edited by egon]
12-06-02 09:42 AM
Maxlugar Don't Stop, to me, is on par with Baby Break It Down.

Decent, but the musical equivilent of a turkey sandwich on white bread.

It's just so "Eh, OK. Next".
12-06-02 09:47 AM
jb Look guys, we may get a new album, but when was the last time they really had a hit single with substantial air play?
(Mixed Emotions, Love is strong). I think it's fair to say that the hit singles are a thing of the past.
12-06-02 09:54 AM
riffhard64 i really love "Losing My Touch"
12-06-02 09:59 AM
jb Yes..but that's not single material. I was listening to the Hillside Blues boot and there is a song..soungds like "Highway Child"?..that should be released as a single!( I think it's track 10, before the acoustic draft of "All down the line").
12-06-02 10:03 AM
Maxlugar I couldn't care less about air play.

But you can not compare Don't Stop to Love is Strong.

No friggin' way.

12-06-02 10:20 AM
sirmoonie You brazen hussies are so wrong on Don't Stop. That tune rocks!
12-06-02 10:30 AM
Joey " ....on if the Stones are in the studio cutting a new album? "

I am not sure about any of that , but your Treasury Secretary just resigned .........................and the unemployment rate just shot up ....................................and Al Gore is looking really good today .

Other than that ...............

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JoeJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joe JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeskee

{{{{{{{{{{{ JOESKEE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-06-02 10:37 AM
Maxlugar His whole economic team should and will resign.

This is a good thing.

Wall St. will appluad this move and Maxy will be happy.

"Gore is one creepy, unelectable dude, Ronnie"!
12-06-02 10:38 AM
T&A JB: you are right - hit singles are a thing of the past for the Stones - and we should be fine with that considering the state of affairs with popular music. I happen to like all the new songs, sans Stealing My Heart. But, we can pretty much forget about another Start Me Up (21 years ago now!!)....it just ain't a-gonna happen.

I doubt if the Stones are being productive this month - I imagine everyone's gone their own way for a much-deserved holiday break. One thing the Stones have gotten very good at is not burning themselves out. If a new album is to happen - my gut tells me it will be done between Far East and Europe legs and probably come out in the fall...which will probably precipitate one final round of touring in late '03 into '04.

12-06-02 10:39 AM
Joey " His whole economic team should and will resign.

This is a good thing. "

You make young Joeskee say .......................huh ??????????????????

It is a sign of deep economic trouble AND a very bad omen in Joey's book .

Developing .............

Democrats Rule .........

" Like FATHER like SON Ronnie "

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ THE JOESKEE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Established 1999
12-06-02 10:41 AM
Maxlugar This is very UNLIKE father. Bush made him resign. Daddy was far to loyal to losers.

W knows the score baby.
12-06-02 10:44 AM
Joey " W knows the score baby "

Enjoy it now my Long Island living pal !

The worm does turn ----------- and rapidly .

J. Bo

Oh , and this ....... |
|
|
|
V

12-06-02 11:02 AM
Boomhauer Hey, I love Don't Stop! Who the fuck needs hit single anymore? The Stones don't, and they haven't had anything in the top 60 since Highwire (maybe Out of Tears, but I'm not sure about that). It doesn't seem like they care about a top ten (or top 100) single anymore, so why should we, right?

When are they going to go back to the "fun" music? Oh yeah, I forgot.............the Rolling Stones is just a big business now, as Keith said. No more fun, just profit.

[Edited by Boomhauer]
12-06-02 11:07 AM
egon
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
It doesn't seem like they care about a top ten (or top 100) single anymore, so why should we, right?

with "don't stop" it didn't seem they cared full stop.
12-06-02 11:10 AM
Nellcote Al Gore LOVES Chinese food!
Maybe he will move there, after all, they always pay his way!
12-06-02 11:14 AM
Joey " Al Gore LOVES Chinese food!
Maybe he will move there, after all, they always pay his way! "

You make Joey snicker !

12-06-02 11:24 AM
Fiji Joe Hit singles are a thing of the past...agreed...but not because the Stones have lost it...Rock n' Roll, my friends, as we knew, is dead...Christ, the Stones could release Brown Sugar tomorrow, and if it had never been released before, it still would eclipse fifteen on the charts...there have been a lot of great rock n' roll songs in the last ten years that have gone nowhere...let's face it, the baggy pants wearin', eminem liking, play station playing cracker wannabees have eradicated rock n' roll and replaced with shit that I wouldn't even use to torture exiled taliban leaders...I'm mean, but not that mean...

Hurry down doomsday the bugs are taking over......
12-06-02 11:34 AM
Maxlugar Well we can argue about hit singles, music in general and poilitcs until the cows come home......

But I think we can ALL agree on this:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=4960

No?

YES!

Maxy, Prince of The Snow!
12-06-02 11:36 AM
Joey " Rock n' Roll, my friends, as we knew, is dead...Christ "

B. S. ! Remember what the Petey once said ................

" Rock and Roll shall never die ! This is no social crisis , this is you having fun !!!! "

We got no crisis........................

Unless your a Republican !!!

{{{{{{{{{{ CA - RACK }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Another Grand Slam by the young Joeskee !

" Look at him go Ronnie "

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOESKEE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-06-02 11:39 AM
Fiji Joe Fuckin' A...

Throw the pork at em'...

I envision a whole new goverment agency...the Bacon Brigade...

Nothing says fuck you Muhammed like a pigs foot in the bung hole...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
12-06-02 11:41 AM
egon
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Well we can argue about hit singles, music in general and poilitcs until the cows come home......

But I think we can ALL agree on this:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=4960

No?

YES!

Maxy, Prince of The Snow!

don't know weather to laugh... or cry
12-06-02 11:41 AM
Fiji Joe I'm gonna guess all these hip hop efficianados ain't republicans bro...just a guess
12-06-02 12:02 PM
sirmoonie (AP) Markets closed higher today on unusually strong trading in pork belly futures. Analysts remain stymied as to the cause....
12-06-02 12:53 PM
Joey Agreed ...........................................

It is the digital age everyone. Here is how you think of it:

Everything I am typing is being fed into a big limitless tape recorder. Nothing I type cannot be found and traced to me in the exact time and place I typed it. Nothing. If I don't want the world to see it, I shouldn't type it.

Moonie............wanna do some YEYO ?????

" For we are the divine, the righteous, and the Score. Ronald. "

{{{{{{{{{{{ THE JOEY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Page: 1 2