ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!" - -
Keith Richards. New York City 1985

Ian "STU" Stewart b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985

Vielen Dank Bendix!!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: wembley?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-07-02 04:30 AM
monkeyboy They are pulling the stadium down not the arena which is in the same area (but will probably fall down of its own accord anyway) because it really is a dump.....the Docklands arena in London is so much better for a rock show and I think they should have played there and Brixton on this tour. The Astoria is a really poor venue as well-it seems overcrowded with just a average sized crowd in there god knows what it's gonna feel like when the stones play there........
12-07-02 08:59 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Hey Stonedinaustralia, what's the story on these $60.00 tix? I haven't seen the prices for Rod Laver yet, can you give us a glimmer?

gmf - don't ask me - i have to thank fmk

i got home from work thurs. and logged on to find out that the boys are doing a show at the enmore theatre in sydney - fmk mentioned dance floor - i thought holy hell!! - so in the space of about 90 mins. i joined the rollingstones.com fan club and reserved two tix, on the floor, @$au60.00 a piece - the membership cost more than the tix!!

a friend of mine tried to do the same fri. but the pre-sales were all gone (but he only found that out after paying $us95.00 to join the club - now, that is an expensive piece of useless information) - ord. sales are supposed to open Dec 11 - my best advice is ring the dainty corp. b/tween now and the 11th and find out if there are online sales and hover over your pc when they go on sale

i don't know how many tix the fan club had but you'd think there'd still be some available for public sale - it's a 2000 seater venue - it's a dream gig...and i'm going to be there - sorry to keep going on about it but i'm still on cloud nine about the whole thing - the nearest i'll ever get to the feel of el mocambo

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
12-07-02 10:26 AM
Gazza >I can't see how Wembley will ever be ready in time personally. I'm watching Sky News this morning, and they're pulling The Twin Towers down, not putting on a last coat of paint. The restructuring of that stadium is such a massive undertaking, and I don't think Lend-Lease are gonna make the deadline, I'll bet it's resceduled to another stadium, unless they they go back to the Pool?

youre mixing them up here. Wembley STADIUM - where the Stones played in '82, '90, '95 and '99 - is in the process of being demolished. It won't be rebuilt and ready for anything until about 2006. Thats why the STADIUM venue for London on this tour is Twickenham - which is a rugby stadium.

Wembley ARENA is where the arena show is taking place this time ..its about 200 yards from the stadium and in the same complex. Its the same venue that the Stones played during their 1973 tour - in the old days it used to be known as the Empire Pool, Wembley - its also where they used to play those NME POllwinners Concerts in the 60's
12-08-02 04:02 AM
Bluzian Well unfortunately, I had a disappointing Dec. 6th birthday,
for I could *NOT* for the life of me, get thru to TicketBastard
UK!! I think I hit redial about eleven-hundred times in
ten hours, finally getting thru at 3m EST. and everything
had been sold out! *SHATTERED*!!

I don't know how y'all got tickets.. maybe my Toronto distance
was not of any help but hinderance..

Surely there are enough people on this site to provide
enough support and tickets for everyone who contributes
here, eh??

Ian :-(