ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod!
I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him!
He wasn't even on my list!" - -
Keith Richards. New York City 1985

Ian "STU" Stewart b. July 18, 1938 - d. December 12, 1985

Vielen Dank Bendix!!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: wembley?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-06-02 04:53 AM
Gazza managed to get twickenham but NOTHING at ANY price seemed to be available for wembley from the moment they went on sale, even though we were trying with two computers - I smell a rat here....!

presuming its sold out...? anyone got 3 extras??
12-06-02 04:57 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I was able to purchase tix in the 23 section...I'm not going to pay 45 to sit in the back...does anyone have two spare arena tix???
12-06-02 05:08 AM
Moonisup it was very strange, indeed, I was online together with SSC, and nothing for wembley came around only the 'section 23' tics. but those are shitty seats!!!
12-06-02 05:18 AM
Honky Tonk Man Rick, i had the misfortune of having to purchase tickets in Row 23 when i saw Coldplay.

They are not THAT bad!

I actually thought my view was alright!

Alex
12-06-02 05:25 AM
Moonisup did you get tix?
12-06-02 05:34 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yes, through the fan club. Astoria had sold out. Today i got tickets for Twikenham

Alex
12-06-02 05:59 AM
Chico Yup.Same with me.Got Twickenham ticks but the search for Wembley begins here. I'll be cutting back on the beers I presume.

[Edited by Chico]
12-06-02 06:12 AM
SirMichaelphilip What shower of money grabbing shits they have become. Having refused to shell out �60 for a hat and a cd, in order to get in the queue for tickets, i have just spent hours trying to get one for twickenham. Have been offered one for �167 or one in the car park for �75 plus extra's. For that, jagger can stick a pin up his arse and commit suicide right on the the stage. Wyman said "the beatles wanted to hold your hand and the stones wanted to burn down your town." Now all they want is your fucking credit card details. Its only Rock and Roll. No its not. Its a fucking Rip Off.
12-06-02 06:23 AM
Chico Your probably right on the first line. We must all be insane!Might as well continue this pure insanity by asking, for how much do you think the ticket touts will be selling tickets for Wembley?Where on the internet?This site? Is it worth the risk? Im in the north east of Scotland. It's a long way to London but it could be a bit of an adventure. I MUST GET TO WEMBLEY, even if it is a shithole as some have been saying.
12-06-02 07:21 AM
hotlicks Have to agree with sirmichaelphilip and gazza,what a cock up,iv'e been trying to get tickets now for 3 hours.the whole thing just stinks,do the stones really need the money so bad,the club gig tickets should have been given to rock's off or it's only rock and roll-the true fans clubsite to distribute among the true fans.Can you believe people seated on the pitch at twickenham-real rock and roll i don't think!!!looks like i'll be at home with the wife,bottle or two of wine watching stones video,
12-06-02 07:23 AM
hotlicks gazza will you lend me the video??
12-06-02 07:32 AM
sirmoonie Can't get either fucking ones!

Twickenham still says its for sale, but whenever I order says unable to fill.

Pretty funny, I try to order 1 ticket for "Best Available" and they say sorry, try reducing ticket number or another section. Lessee, how about 0 tickets in the parking lot? Can you do that? I'm willling to pay whatever it takes.

Fuck!

Well, if anyone wants to sell Twick or Wemb, let me know.

"Hope the UK has a thriving scalper system, Ronnie!"
[Edited by sirmoonie]
12-06-02 07:59 AM
Maxlugar The Rolling Stones are in very high demand.

If they weren't, you'd be able to by an entire row for $100.

I love the idea about club tickets offered only to Rocks Off though. Us Uber fans should get a Scooby Snack every now and then.

Maxy, The Glittering Snow Prince.
12-06-02 08:05 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Maxy, The Glittering Snow Prince.

the what...??
12-06-02 08:13 AM
sirmoonie I got the Twick, section 27 for 85 quid.

They say they are still selling Wembley, if any of you guys are interesting in hitting click buttons for hours on end.
12-06-02 08:51 AM
Boomhauer Ice Cube is in da mutha fuckin' hizz-ouse!!!

Fachizzal!

BTW, what are ticket prices like in Europe?

12-06-02 09:32 AM
CS The group announced a trio of dates in the city, including a date at the London Astoria (August 27). The two other, larger shows are at Twickenham (23) and Wembley Arena (29).

Tickets went on sale at 9am today (December 6), with the Astoria show selling out straight away, and even the biggest, Twickenham show selling out in two hours. Fans are now trading Astoria tickets for over �1,000.

Promoter John Giddings told BBC News it wouldn't be that easy to trade tickets. He said: "Two days before the gig, people have to turn up with their credit card and ID and we will give them an armband.

"Two thousand pounds for a pair of tickets. That is ridiculous. Physical tickets are not in existence yet. They have not been printed up. How can you sell a ticket that doesn't even exist?"

Rumours are circulating that more UK dates will be added shortly.

12-06-02 09:57 AM
hotlicks stones set list for london
Rip Off(rocks off)
shafted(shattered)
money
it's only mastercard but i like it
any other suggestions??
12-06-02 10:10 AM
Maxlugar Here we go again..........
12-06-02 10:35 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Chico wrote:for how much do you think the ticket touts will be selling tickets for Wembley?Where on the internet?This site? Is it worth the risk? Im in the north east of Scotland. It's a long way to London but it could be a bit of an adventure. I MUST GET TO WEMBLEY, even if it is a shithole as some have been saying.

Chico, get the yeyo!

Its nine months away. I don't think its going to be that hard to get Wembley tix for face value between now and then.
12-06-02 10:41 AM
Joey " YOU GOT THE YEYO ??????????????????????????????? "

12-06-02 10:50 AM
sirmoonie Keep checking Ticketmaster every now and then. When the dust clears in a few hours/days, there is a chance they will put out some more tix. It happened at a few US shows, including MSG, if I recall correctly.
12-06-02 04:15 PM
Gazza >Here we go again..........

Hmm.. well its easy to be cynical about people whining about tickets - however I cant seriously believe the best tickets for Wembley Arena went on sale to the general public. I was online 10 mins before the sale began and kept hitting 'refresh' - they finally went on sale at 9.05 and I got through straight away but my first request for 4 tickets at any part of the venue (hardly a ridiculous request) came up with the answer "unable to fulfill your request". I immediately tried the same request for a smaller number of seats... still no luck. Sorry,but I don't buy that. Especially when thousands of people would have been already online trying for Astoria and Twickenham tickets which went on sale simultaneously.After 90 minutes of trying, I gave up.

Those who applied a few days ago through tha fan club dont seem to to have got the best seats either from what i've read.

I managed to get two tickets for Twickenham - in the grandstand - for a total fee of �167. More than DOUBLE what I paid for at Wembley four years earlier. You might think that's good value - personally I think its a rip off. I think some people need to take off the rose-tinted glasses here and realise that theyre being fucked in the ass. After all, its a stadium show and for most people your view of the band will be through either a video screen or binoculars. Thats actually DOUBLE what anyone has charged before for a stadium show here. I'll go to the shows because its my favourite band - but I certainly dont think its value for money. Not for a fucking stadium show.

Its also interesting they didnt post info on seating plans and what the breakdown of prices were before the shows actually went on sale.
12-06-02 04:42 PM
jb Yes... Gazza...THESE ARE THE REAL "Evil doers".
12-06-02 05:06 PM
Gazza Mick Jagger admits in a recent issue of "Fortune" magazine that HE sets the ticket prices - 'nuff said..!!

Should have realised - 6th December never has been a good date for Stones fans.....!!!
12-06-02 06:02 PM
stonedinaustralia gazza - the text (and sub-text) of your last two posts on this thread have tones of extreme unpleasantness

what i don't understand is why they go to all this trouble to set up on-line sales and then not offer anything to the thousands who attempt the purchase

as for the prices well, it really is a bit of an insult, it's easy for me to be nonchalant about the whole thing now i've have confirmation of two tickets to a 2000 capacity theatre for $AU60.00 (about 20 quid!!) - ('tho i won't be completely relaxed about it until i have the wristband on my arm and the ticket in my hand) - while that sort of pricing does show some respect/acknowledgment/understanding by the band for a very few, lucky ones, elsewhere in australia it seems premium tickets at the big shows (i.e. for seats where you watch the show - not the video screen) are around the $400.00 mark (add in other costs like transport and accomodation if you're having to get to one of the three capital cities they are playing from any of the other cities or indeed "the bush" and the cost of two hours of entertainment could easily run up to $AU1,000.00 - and if i hadn't been as fortunate as i was that would have been me - lucky for me i still could have done it being single with a reasonable income - but if you are a couple from adelaide/perth or darwin, well it would all just be a little too expensive - that shows no respect from the band for it's audience) - and if mick is the one who sets the prices, well it just makes feel sad and angry - sure the stones owe us nothing - but i find it hard to believe that the tickets must go at that price to cover the cost of production (but i could be wrong)- and if so, well i'm sure most would forgoe a few "bells and whistles" for a more affordable (and by extension more enjoyable) show -

i know the counter to this argument - the SS line "that's the stones - we can either like it or lump it" and while i understand that argument (and even have some sympathy for it) i'm not entirely convinced it's infallible - the band/audience thing is a two way street - you're not going to have the one without the other -

anyway, a bit of a rave i know, the point of which is not entirely clear, even to me, but as i say it (this tix biz.) really does induce feelings of sadness and (almost) anger as it puts everybody's attention on issues of money when we should all be focusing on enjoying the music

call me an idealistic (i.e. unrealistic) fool but that's the way i feel

btw, good score on bill's book (swings and roundabouts i suppose)
12-06-02 08:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey SIA, you stole my line....LOL!

I do have sympathy for the other side of the coin. I mean, nobody WANTS to pay high ticket prices. Except for perhaps jb.

I have become very selective about who I'll pay $50.00USD+ to go see. I can think of, like, 3 or 4 acts that are worth that for me.

So I've taken to going to see "fringe" acts. I paid $20.00 or less to see Cracker, Paul Westerburg, The English Beat, The Continental Drifters...Robbie Fulks was free!

But, they aren't the Stones.

Here's the deal. The Stones charge what the market will bear. Obviously someone is buying all those overpriced tickets....which leads me to conclude that the tickets are NOT overpriced. If they were overpriced, there would be boatloads of empty seats. But there aren't. Shows have been PACKED. Even the stadiums!

We all have a choice to make....pay, or stay home. I'm done. I don't think I can come up with an extra $150.00 to see another arena show. It bums me out, but hey, I'll always have Roseland.....

Anyone want to trade a Pittsburgh, Philly FUC, or MSG Ticket for a boatload of Stones boots?
12-06-02 09:34 PM
stonedinaustralia

[quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey SIA, you stole my line....LOL!

>Hey SS - although if i used it first i guess that makes it mine! lol!

Here's the deal. The Stones charge what the market will bear. Obviously someone is buying all those overpriced tickets....which leads me to conclude that the tickets are NOT overpriced. If they were overpriced, there would be boatloads of empty seats. But there aren't. Shows have been PACKED. Even the stadiums!

We all have a choice to make....pay, or stay home.

> i take your point and agree with it entirely - if you can't stand the heat then get out of the market, as it were - that's the hard boiled stonesian truth of it all but just because i agree with the fact does'nt alleviate the rather depressing nature of the reality

my theory has always been that as wonderful and uplifting as music can be, the "business" side of the music business can be a "negative" to that, ie wearily depressing but (and here's the sad truth again) as the old saying goes "that's show business...no business - no show"

cheers
12-06-02 10:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot >"that's show business...no business - no show"<

Yup, exactly. Sad but true. We can all grouse about it till the cows come home, but it won't change a friggin' thing. The prices are what they are.

I just had an alarming thought......

You don't suppose the Stones are charging big....for one last big payday before they head out to the Home For Retired Rock Stars.....

Oh Shit.
12-07-02 03:27 AM
gypsymofo60 I can't see how Wembley will ever be ready in time personally. I'm watching Sky News this morning, and they're pulling The Twin Towers down, not putting on a last coat of paint. The restructuring of that stadium is such a massive undertaking, and I don't think Lend-Lease are gonna make the deadline, I'll bet it's resceduled to another stadium, unless they they go back to the Pool? I'd be opting for Twickenham tix, if The Astoria is a sell out. Hey Stonedinaustralia, what's the story on these $60.00 tix? I haven't seen the prices for Rod Laver yet, can you give us a glimmer?
Page: 1 2