ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Tony Franks
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: London 30th June 2007!!!!!!!!!!(updated with rumours of other tour dates) Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th November 2006 11:22 AM
Flairville Hi guys! I was reading one of the Sunday newspapers today and listed by a Ticket Broker are Rolling Stones Tickets for 30th June 2007!!! Obviously they're not on sale but it shouldn't be too long now! Yes, Yes, Yes! Ben.
26th November 2006 12:02 PM
Gazza which broker was it?

I remember a few months/weeks before the announcement for this year's shows, some brokers (krystalbox office I think) listing shows at Wembley for 17th and 18th June (aside from the fact that the Stones dont play 2 days in a row, they were obviously just speculating on the dates to get potential customers to commit)

I notice also that Rod Stewart is playing Twickenham on 30th June. Seems strange both would play outdoor shows in the same city on the same date (especially as theyd have a similar type of audience demographic), so whilst its encouraging that ads for next summer's shows are starting to filter through, I wouldnt take the date as a cast-iron certainty
26th November 2006 12:12 PM
glencar I have booked a flight!!!
26th November 2006 12:15 PM
Flairville I can't remember the broker, it's in today's Sunday star in the Uk if anyone has one to hand?
I agree the dates could be anytime in the summer but it does look like a guarantee we're getting some shows!
Regarding Twickenham, Rod Stewart and Genesis are doing a night each so that would leave for 2 more gigs there in 2007? Probably and hopefully be Wembley though!
26th November 2006 02:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have booked a flight!!!

Wait a minute here...I thought you were DONE with going over the ocean to see the Stones??!!!!!

Having a change of heart, Glenny??
26th November 2006 02:36 PM
The Wick
quote:
Flairville wrote:
I can't remember the broker, it's in today's Sunday star in the Uk if anyone has one to hand?

The reference to the Star says it all- the least reliable paper in the country and the biggest purveyor of bollocks rumors.
26th November 2006 03:14 PM
Gazza Theres also talk today about some multi-artists gig in London (possibly Wembley Stadium) for Princess Di's tenth anniversary, to take place possibly on her birthday - which is 1st July.

If that comes off (and especially if its Wembley), no way will there be a Stones gig in London that weekend.

I still think later in the tour is more likely. guess we'll know soon.
26th November 2006 10:28 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
glencar wrote:

We´re 2 now!
27th November 2006 02:50 AM
danielharris627 I am crossing my fingers. If they do two nights I'm going to both.
27th November 2006 04:44 AM
Gazza With a stadium that holds about 20,000 more than Twickenham, I would imagine thats highly unlikely.

No way will they fill two stadium shows in London 12 months after playing there previously.
27th November 2006 10:13 AM
glencar
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:

We´re 2 now!

Joshy will be in first class but will he let us visit?
27th November 2006 04:40 PM
Bitch Gazza is probably right - he usually is! I won't be booking a flight until the very last minute, just to be sure. With the RS track record for cancelling and postponing shows it's hard to plan too far in advance.

But if they do play London, I'll go! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!

Keep us informed, Gazza!
28th November 2006 01:58 AM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Gazza is probably right - he usually is! I won't be booking a flight until the very last minute, just to be sure. With the RS track record for cancelling and postponing shows it's hard to plan too far in advance.

But if they do play London, I'll go! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo!

Keep us informed, Gazza!

C'mon, booking at the last minute is tres expensivo! Book now & save! I'm going to Spain. Well, I've never been to Spain...
28th November 2006 04:37 AM
Gazza ..neither have the Stones of late
28th November 2006 05:34 AM
Gazza from www.billboard.com. This feature on the same "tour gross" topic thats been discussed of late includes an interview with Michael Cohl which drops a none too subtle hint that the band will be playing Europe in 2007...

Update: Stones Roll By U2 For Top Grossing Tour Ever

November 27, 2006, 10:15 AM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville
Updating a story first posted here Friday (Nov. 24), the Rolling Stones have re-captured the "top-grossing tour ever" mantle from U2 with their $437 million A Bigger Bang trek, and tour producer Michael Cohl indicates they may pad that record.

From March 28, 2005, to March 2, 2006, U2's Vertigo tour rang up grosses of more than $333 million. That put U2 ahead of the Stones' $320 million Voodoo Lounge tour of 1994-95, and the band's 10 stadium makeup shows this month will take the total to 121 shows and a gross of about $377 million.

But the Stones' numbers from A Bigger Bang shatter that mark. Since the fall of 2005, the band has drawn 3.5 million people to 113 shows, according to Billboard Boxscore. In addition, an estimated crowd of 2 million saw the band perform at Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro back in February. The tour, like every Stones trek since 1989, was produced by Cohl under the Concert Productions International banner, with Live Nation.

Though nothing's official, it appears likely the band will stretch the tour into 2007, making the $500 million mark easily within reach. "I don't think we're done," Cohl tells Billboard.com. "There are still a lot of cancellations in Europe that the band the band feel obligated to try and make up. So I wouldn't be surprised if it keeps going next year."

A Bigger Bang was not without drama, including brain surgery for Keith Richards, rehab for Ron Wood and some vocal stress for Mick Jagger. "Definitely there was drama and hurdles, but at the end of the day, if you tour long enough, everything's gonna happen, isn't it?," Cohl says. "We had to reschedule a couple here and there, but other than the ones in early summer in Europe, which we couldn't make up, we played everything. And they were great."

A highlight of the tour were November performances at New York's Beacon Theatre that were filmed by famed director Martin Scorcese for an upcoming feature film. Those shows came after the Stones had played nothing but stadiums for some seven months. "Talk about a shock to the system. On the other hand, talk about exciting," says Cohl, adding that the final Scorcese product should be special.

"Look forward to it," Cohl says. "The set list is dramatically different than anything you've seen from the Rolling Stones for a long, long time. There are bunch of songs that you've never seen them do, or that they haven't done in 25 or 30 years. Add Martin Scorcese's bent to it and you're going to get something really unique."

28th November 2006 11:47 AM
Saint Sway uh oh... sounds risky to book this now.

these posts remind me of a funny line by PDog:

went something like:

I wish I had seen the show. But I did save a ton of money on my tour insurance.
29th November 2006 03:35 PM
Gazza From what I understand the Euro tour wont be the 3 month, 30-40 show trek that many have thought. Probably around 20 shows or so. Presumably it'll be most/all of the cities that had their shows cancelled last time plus a small number of extra shows in major markets that they can fill again to make it worthwhile financially. In which case, I wouldnt hold out much hope for too many indoor shows.

Paris & Lyon have been rumoured for France this time around. Groningen has been rumoured for the Netherlands. Guess we'll know pretty soon.

The European tour will probably be preceded by anything from 7-10 shows in other markets, such as India, Thailand etc. I havent heard anything about a return to Australia or South America. However I find it hard to fathom how theyd play 10 shows in that leg of the tour if theyre not going to either Japan or Australia. There cant be that many places in the rest of Asia where they could play THAT many shows and also make it profitable.

29th November 2006 03:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The European tour will probably be preceded by anything from 7-10 shows in other markets, such as India, Thailand etc. I havent heard anything about a return to Australia or South America. However I find it hard to fathom how theyd play 10 shows in that leg of the tour if theyre not going to either Japan or Australia. There cant be that many places in the rest of Asia where they could play THAT many shows and also make it profitable.

What about Bejing , China or Ho Chi Minh City , Vietnam ?!

Any word .......... ?!

Anyone ..... ?!
29th November 2006 03:42 PM
egon I'll put the house up for sale...
29th November 2006 04:19 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
I'll put the house up for sale...

Funny !

Hello Baby Egon .....

29th November 2006 04:23 PM
egon Hello baby Joey.

I just had my evening shit. (5 wipes)
29th November 2006 04:29 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
Hello baby Joey.

I just had my evening shit. (5 wipes)

Damn !!!!

Five WIPES ?!?!

That is a ' biggie ' .

I am very proud of you my Stonesian Brother .

VERY Proud !
29th November 2006 05:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:

As I previously recommended during the last Euro leg, I advise against any overseas travel to see the Stones play from North America to Europe. Europe is responsible for getting "Streets of Love" into the setlist and must be punished.

Also, the flights are long, and not even first class is comfortable for that long. We have had more than our chance to see them in the US, Canada, and Mexico the last few years and are just setting ourselves up for disappointment (see: Chicago 2006 Summit and its financial obligations) if we choose to continue the "ride".

Many of us have seen our image of the band greatly diminish due to the many cancellations, coconuts, subpar performances, "Omaha" setlists, and poor weather. Too many have spent more than they can afford for tickets and it must end now. OUr goal was to win total gross....we did that, lets let our European friends enjoy the next leg of the tour without us taking up seats that should be available to them.
29th November 2006 05:25 PM
Saint Sway Pug, do you post this same tired, useless dribble on the U2 boards?
29th November 2006 06:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
We have had more than our chance to see them in the US, Canada, and Mexico the last few years and are just setting ourselves up for disappointment (see: Chicago 2006 Summit and its financial obligations) if we choose to continue the "ride".

Pug, you attended the 3 lamest shows of the tour: Fenway, Louisville & Chicago. All total busts.

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your useless powers of prediction

you can officially stop giving us all your blow-harded advice now

thanks

[Edited by Saint Sway]
30th November 2006 10:42 AM
Gazza the first list of rumoured European tour dates are now on IORR. Nothing concrete or confirmed as yet but I'm sure there'll be updates and additions pretty soon

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/tour07.htm
30th November 2006 11:11 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the first list of rumoured European tour dates are now on IORR. Nothing concrete or confirmed as yet but I'm sure there'll be updates and additions pretty soon

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/tour07.htm

I am now so excited that I am typing this with my penis !
30th November 2006 11:24 AM
Gazza No..thats ME thats typing it with your penis.

THATs how excited we are.
30th November 2006 11:56 AM
egon I think my penis grew a few inches.
That's how excited I am!

30th November 2006 12:25 PM
glencar My penis is limp as I see only stadiums listed. I'm staying home!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)