ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1973 Chuck Pulin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How The Stones hooked you up? Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 29th, 2004 10:33 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Soldatti, you're 22? Wow. I always 'pictured' you older. I guess your dedication seems beyond your years if that makes sense without offending.

No offence.
I have many friends, one of them is a Billboard subscriber or member and he always is sending information to me because I like the stats and I'm interesed (when I can) in Stones' numbers around the world.
Another of my friends works in Telam (news agency in Argentina) and my mail is always full of news with Stones' content.
BTW, I work in a photo studio building web-sites and retouching photos for magazines, my big brother is one of the bosses and he gave me the job
November 29th, 2004 10:40 PM
Lazy Bones Well awright!
November 29th, 2004 10:53 PM
violentkind The Some Girls LP.
Miss You & Shattered were all over the radio.I turned 13 in 78.
November 30th, 2004 12:23 AM
parmeda Aftermath.

...hook, line, sinker, the anchor, the boat & the damn pier sucked me in.
November 30th, 2004 01:23 AM
Bloozehound mid 80's-ish I was heavily into the counter-culture, underground music scene: punk, thrash, industrial...all that noize. I also had an ear for the "classic" shit -- Sun rockabilly, Zepplin, Hendrix, Doors, Bowie, VU, Beatles, Byrds, The Eagles (yes asses, THE EAGLES)...then one day a friend brought over Beggars Banquet, and what I heard fly outta those speakers I can't quite describe, but it caused me severe, irrevocable brain damage, becuz I was never quite the same.

Next thing I knew I was all Beggars B, Hightides & Green Grass, Hot Rocks, and the hits just kept coming, stacking up like empty, discarded beer cans -- GHS, LIB, SG, ER, NOW!, SW, SF, Aftermath, Tattoo U, Ya-Ya's, Exile ect..ect...I'd never heard such a wealth of greatness from one band.

Eventually my interest in other acts dwindled -- I'd sold my soul, for the Stones brand of rock n' roll...

...and I've never looked back

November 30th, 2004 01:47 AM
littleredrooster TELL ME!
It's All Over Now!
Since then........................it's been HISTORY!
November 30th, 2004 03:54 AM
Zack Listening to Brown Sugar whilst holding the zipper cover of my older sister's copy of Sticky Fingers in my hands. I was 11 or 12.
November 30th, 2004 07:31 AM
Mr Hess Seeing them on 'The Clay Cole Show' back in 1964!
December 1st, 2004 01:53 AM
Navin First fell in love with them by looking at their pictures from a magazine article around 1988 with poster of the Stones - some of their live shots - too hot to handle....and this was even before hearing a note...very visually enticing...always admit that I'd still love them even if I were totally tone deaf

Curiously, the magazine cover story was titled "The End of a Mega-Group?" (around that time 'Talk is cheap' was set for release or something)....could not preserve that mag, though the memory remains.

The first album was "Dirty Work" - which has still remained my #1 thru and thru...that mag also had lyrics for the Dirty Work songs...and I finally found a hell...
December 1st, 2004 01:25 PM
Dan I thought this thread was about "hooking up" at a Stones gig or to an album or something. Anyway I was quite aware of them around 81/82. Cousin had Tattoo You and they were rock radio staples. What really did it though was when my mom took me and my sister to see Lets Spend The Night Together at a movie theatre. 20 years later I took her to see the Stones in a theatre too (Wiltern)
December 1st, 2004 06:22 PM
Soldatti Dirty Work was an important album after all
December 2nd, 2004 12:52 PM
Mr Jimmy Fond memory... seems like yesterday, but it was a hot summer day back in 1972. I was listening to the radio with my cousin. I was 9, he was 16 and a total Beatles freak. Brown Sugar came on the radio and I loved it. He said Brown Sugar had been out for a while, and he diidn't really care for it. I said something about it being better than Let It Be. He just laughed at me. On my 10th birthday, he gave me a copy of Sticky Fingers. Nice guy. That's one of the reasons Brown Sugar will always have a certain effect on me.
December 2nd, 2004 01:45 PM
69 Chevy I discovered my parents "Aftermath" album. And then "Exiles" came out. Nuff said!
December 2nd, 2004 02:20 PM
seclusion "my basement room, with a needle and a spoon"

Hot Rocks, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Beggars Banquet. Listening and reading....
December 2nd, 2004 07:35 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i fell in love when i first saw the angie video in the summer of 03
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood