ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

John Lennon
October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980
Plastic Ono Mothers at the Fillmore East, June 5, 1971
With Frank Zappa - December 21, 1940 - December 4, 1993

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-26-03 03:32 PM
parmeda Oh, let the games begin!
The 24 hour marathon cook-off shall start shortly!
Followed by the swearing that comes along with it..

Have a great Holiday everyone, and remember...

Be thankful the Pilgrims decided to dine on Turkey for their Thanksgiving feast...had they killed a cat, we'd all be eating pussy!

Enjoy!
11-26-03 03:50 PM
Joey

Happy Thanksgiving all you Asswipes !

Jacky !

11-26-03 04:54 PM
gypsy Thanks, parmy! That's a cute one! I shall tell that joke tonight during poker with my boyfriend and a few of our buddies.
11-26-03 05:01 PM
Riffhard Happy Thanksgiving to everyone of you crazy fucks! Tonight,your pal Riffy will be hosting the Fifth Annual Turkey Bowling Tournament at Bar Anticipation in Belmar,New Jersey. I have become the Grand Marshall of this festive event for the last five years.

Players get an eight pound turkey breast (frozen) and slide it across the bar floor and try to knock down the pins. Dosen't that sound fun?! We give away loads of fabulous prizes like t-shirts!!! That's right if you get the pins down we will give you a t-shirt!!! I know that it sounds way too easy,but believe me,these turkeys can get kind of squirly when they are slid across the bar floor!

Some people sell stocks and bonds. Some people are rich jewish lawyers living in Boca Raton,Fla. Some people own record stores in the Carolina's,but Riffy hosts turkey bowling parties!

As I prepare to hoist the official Butterball Turkey Breast tonight I'll also be hoisting many a pint of Guinness! I'll be thinking of the lot of you!

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!

Riffhard

PS-We actully give away about two thousand dollors in cash and prizes. Plus t-shirts!!
11-26-03 05:09 PM
caro That sounds good, Riffhard. I suppose you can cheat by putting your adversary's turkey on the radiator for a few minutes?

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving everyone!
11-26-03 07:50 PM
littleredrooster Has anyone ever seen the famous Plymouth Rock ???

It's paperweight sized, not the navigational monument that I pictured it to be!

If it wasn't surrounded by a rail in a pit you and a friend could sit on it!

Roostah's Thanksgiving Believe It Or Not Facts

Sorry to burst any bubbles!
11-26-03 09:11 PM
Nellcote Roostah, you really need to make the trip to Plymouth, as yo fable about the size of the "Rock" is all fiction.
It's about 600-800 pounds, sits in it's own chamber right on the water in Beautiful Downtown Plymouth. Yours truly visited it on 11/01, when I had the pleasure along with abnout 1000 other folks to see the Massachusetts Treasure, Rocker Peter Wolf. Get yo Yankee arse out here, I'll bring ya there to see it yo self!
11-27-03 02:31 AM
littleredrooster I was THERE!!!
I expected a monolith that drew the Pilgrims to the cove of Plymouth from the stormy Atlantic!!
I'm a born 'n raised Nor Easter!!!!!!
The Pilgrims definitely tripped over it while wading from the surf!

It's the size of a dinosaur egg, probably a long-neck!!!

Roostah Fast Facts
11-27-03 09:27 AM
Martha Good Morning Everyone! And A Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Martha will spend her day hanging out, resting, listening to some kick-ass music, watching the tube and eating leftovers. We already cooked our dinner last weekend and again yesterday when my cousin showed up on his way in from NC. Everything we cooked is vegetarian and from scratch. It is delicious...mouth wateringly so, if I do say so myself.

And what I learned from eating this meal>>Don't overdose on food and booze people, remember how BAD that feels!!?? GO slowly! I had to lie on the floor in the living room the first night after dinner (no booze) and hope digestion would soon kick in and make the bloating STOP!

Oh yeah, I'll do up a few hits of purple bud later in the day....to wet my appetite for pie! As we all know>>Pie waits for NO ONE! Especially with real whipped cream to go on top! LOL

I am grateful beyond measure to have met the gracious, fun-loving, kind and OTT people who make up the membership of this wonderful board. May you all be blessed many times over today and always.

with heartfelt affection and love,
Martha Melody-camp

11-27-03 11:30 AM
Stones Fan, Gar Happy Thanksgiving, hope all are well and ready for a great day with family and friends. Best Thanksgiving Stones Song? Best wishes,Gar
11-27-03 11:59 AM
littleredrooster Flip The Switch!

'I got the turkey and the stuffin' too!'
11-27-03 04:12 PM
Promo

11-27-03 04:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Happy turkey day to all our friends in the USA, for me the only turkey will be a fucking "cold turkey"... anybody seen my downers?
11-27-03 08:43 PM
Scot Rocks Hey hope you all had a great day, Happy Thanksgiving!!! from across the pond

Mark
11-27-03 09:05 PM
exilestones@netscape Happy Thanksgiving!
11-28-03 10:46 AM
telecaster I am thankful for:

Our troops

The fine folks at Jim Beam, matter of fact the entire
state of Kentucky

jb, joey, Maxlugar, SDH, parmeda, voodoo, Al Gore for inventing the internet, and everyone else on RO
11-28-03 10:48 AM
jb
11-28-03 12:15 PM
gypsy Damn, tele...how could you just forget me like that? I gave you the best two hours of my life.
11-28-03 12:25 PM
jb Where's Joey?
11-28-03 12:32 PM
gypsy He is probably snorting snot and/or shitting liquid at this very moment.
11-28-03 01:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hope everyone had a great day.

I ate my turkey dinner off a paper plate, nuked in the microwave.

That's right. While you were all gorging yourselves, I was working. My mother-in-law felt bad and brought me a plate of food. It was good, but it's not the same.

I think it's great that so many of you remembered our troops in this thread. But I think someone should have remembered all our brave Fire/EMS/Police workers. 24/7/365, help is never more than a phone call away. These fine people fight their own little wars every day. I hope none of you ever need us, but if you do, total strangers will go the extra mile for you and yours.

When people ask me what I do for a living, I tell them, "I save the world, at least my little slice of it."

So here's to the people out there who missed Thanksgiving dinner. To the people manning the Comm Centers, riding on the engines and ambulances, and patrolling our streets, I raise my coffee mug and say "thanks for being there".
11-28-03 01:58 PM
Factory Girl Great sentiment, Stonesy.

"Lets drink to the hardworking people..." J/R
11-28-03 01:58 PM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Damn, tele...how could you just forget me like that? I gave you the best two hours of my life.

I am especially thankful for gypsy and really, really thankful her parents hooked up
11-28-03 02:26 PM
gypsy Thanks, tele...I knew you'd come around.

Oh, SS. Sorry you had to work...but that is where I am right now...through Sunday. Yeah, the upset stomachs are already filing into the ER as I type this.
11-28-03 02:29 PM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Thanks, tele...I knew you'd come around.

Oh, SS. Sorry you had to work...but that is where I am right now...through Sunday. Yeah, the upset stomachs are already filing into the ER as I type this.

gypsy be extra careful with that killer flu spreading from Colorado and now in Texas. Since you are in betweeen I am worried

11-28-03 07:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As I told you "the only turkey I'm gonna have is a cold turkey" and I didn't have it, in fact I have plenty of hot stuff... sorry for not changing the header on time but it was one of "those nights" you know
11-29-03 03:09 AM
catwoman THINGS THAT SOUND DIRTY AT THANKSGIVING, BUT AREN'T...
>
>"Whew, that's one terrific spread!"
>
>"I'm in the mood for a little dark meat."
>
>"Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist."
>
>"Talk about a huge breast!"
>
>"It's Cool Whip time!"
>
>"If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst!"
>
>"Are you ready for seconds yet?"
>
>"It's a little dry, do you still want to eat it?"
>
>"Just wait your turn, you'll get some!"
>
>"Don't play with your meat."
>
>"Just spread the legs open and stuff it in."
>
>"Do you think you'll be able to handle all these people at once?"
>
>"I didn't expect everyone to come at the same time!"
>
>"You still have a little bit on your chin."
>
>"Use a nice smooth stroke when you whip it."
>
>"How long will it take after you stick it in?"
>
>"How long do I beat it before it's ready?"
>
>"You'll know it's ready when it pops up."
>
>"Wow, I didn't think I could handle all of that!"
>
>"How many are coming?"
>
>"That's the biggest one I've ever seen!"
>
>"Just lay back and take it easy... I'll do the rest."
11-30-03 05:48 PM
Joey " I am thankful for:

Our troops

The fine folks at Jim Beam, matter of fact the entire
state of Kentucky

jb, joey, Maxlugar, SDH, parmeda, voodoo, Al Gore for inventing the internet, and everyone else on RO "

I am thankful for Paris Hilton ..............and you ?!?!

11-30-03 05:58 PM
gypsy I'm thankful for KeepRigid and his wonderful lawyer.
Hugs and kisses to you both...I know you're out there...somewhere.
Page: 1 2