ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, September 16, 2002
By Roostah and/or PhilA aka SparksWILLFly!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith is in High Times Magazine Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-03-02 01:50 PM
jb No as to both counts...I am going to New York as I will get 2 shows ..sadly, perhaps the last Stones concerts I will see. Denver is just too far, too cold, and I just can't do it.
12-03-02 01:52 PM
Joey " Denver is just too far, too cold, and I just can't do it."

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There goes my idea of converting to Judiasm .

12-03-02 01:55 PM
jb I got in trouble last week wishing you a Happy Chanukah and advising you of the many famous 1/2 jews...I meant no offense and apologized to AzQB?You can still convert and the anethesia used today is much more effective down there.
12-03-02 02:39 PM
Joey Josh , my idol Howard Stern is 1/2 Jewish !

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-03-02 03:11 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Umm... riiight.

Back on topic...

It's probably all blown outta proportion.

Ah well.

Is this Victor Bockris guy or whatever his name is credible?

-tSYX --- Pretty beat up...
12-03-02 03:17 PM
jb Joey, Stern use to be my hero before he started his Stones attacks around 97 tour...
12-03-02 03:28 PM
stonedinaustralia tSYX - you have asked twice now is bockris credible - well, i'd suggest he is - not that i'd know for sure- he came out of the warhol "factory " scene so has been "on the ground" as it were, unlike the likes of Hotchner and Scaduto - he also did a biog. of lou reed which again showed he was either there at the time or got it first hand from someone who was -

he's obviously a fan of keith - witness the k. biog. - even some of the less than attractive aspects of keith's past were all given as positive a spin as possible yet he never descended into toadyism or subjective moonstruck "fan-babble" (although he did wander close to edge on occasions)

i'd really like to read the article but it's been years since that magazine has been generally available here - anyone whose got it able to post it??
12-03-02 04:07 PM
jb Good luck Corgi!!!
12-03-02 04:12 PM
sasca Bockris is superb on Warhol and the Warhol factory. He is bloody awful on Reed. (warped by his hatred for Bowie, he resorts to lies in comparing the two. Spit)
12-03-02 04:16 PM
stonedinaustralia sasca - i've read the reed biog. (once) - don't really recall his anti-bowie stance - have you got any specific examples of these "lies"
12-03-02 04:16 PM
sasca About Jesus. A man existed by that name. His relation to the modern churches is through 2 thousand years of lies and myths. What did he believe? What do you believe? That seems to be the way most people decide. He may well have been involved in gnostic ideas, sex-magic etc.
12-03-02 04:17 PM
jb I just got Sydney from SirStonealot..what a greaT PERFORMANCE..YOU AUSSIES WERE VERY LUCKY IN 73.
12-03-02 04:21 PM
sasca Well, he�s not all THAT bad. (I�m rather protective of Bowie). What annoyed me were statements like (I don�t have the book so I�m paraphrasing) Reed made 'Coney Island Baby' which didn't sell much. Bowie made 'Station to Station' which made him a big star. Reed's work would come to be regarded as one of his finest works of self-revelation. Bowie's work would not linger.

Which is bollocks. Bowie was already a huge star (Ziggy, Aladdin, D. Dogs) and 'Station to Station' was the start of his extraodinary run of late 70's experimentation and is still greatly respected.
12-03-02 04:28 PM
jb Thanks sasca! I ate at the Outback and the aussies make a great steak!
12-03-02 04:30 PM
sasca Don't they mind?
12-03-02 04:32 PM
jb No...they were very nice...it's located on collins avenue..right on the beach..we had a great waitress.
12-03-02 04:33 PM
sasca With or without chips?
12-03-02 04:35 PM
jb Funny ..she referred to the French Fries as "chips". They were excellent....
12-03-02 07:05 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
I just got Sydney from SirStonealot..what a greaT PERFORMANCE..YOU AUSSIES WERE VERY LUCKY IN 73.

yes jb, but for reasons too painful to recount i didn't see it

the one down side was the shows weren't overly long - in adelaide i think they played for little more than an hour - still quality over quantity

as i've said before i think the performances reflect the fact that the band were totally relaxed away from the spotlight of u.s. & european audiences (and critics) - almost as if the tour was a bit of a working holiday
12-03-02 07:08 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
we had a great waitress.

was she australian?
Page: 1 2