ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, September 16, 2002
By Roostah and/or PhilA aka SparksWILLFly!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith is in High Times Magazine Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-02-02 12:26 AM
prism There's an article on Keith in the new High Times. It tells what happened to the Wingless Angels (they fell on hard times, one died, one became a crack head, one demanded money, etc.) The article is by Victor Bockris who is pretty reliable. He wrote Keith's biography ten years ago. He says Keith recently taught Johnny Depp the chords that Gram Parsons taught Keith, because Johnny will pay Gram in a film. The article also mentions Keith's wife's born-again religious obsession and her domineering attitude. It says Keith hides from her by going to Jamaica whenever he can and by recording in his basement.
12-02-02 01:08 AM
fmk438j That film is 'owned' (the rights or however that works) by Keith. That Johnny Knoxville dude is Phil Kaufman (which will be the main focus of the film I think, him stealing the body etc.).
12-02-02 03:19 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
prism wrote:
The article also mentions Keith's wife's born-again religious obsession and her domineering attitude. It says Keith hides from her by going to Jamaica whenever he can and by recording in his basement.

unbelievable
12-02-02 10:54 AM
100 Years Ago So Patti's born-again, ouch! let's hope her holier than thouness never rubs off on Keith...the thought of a born-again, bible toting, scriptur spouting Keith is truly frightening, apocolytic, chilling and totally unthinkable of course.

Maybe that's why he's been playing Slipping Away (referring to music trips to the basement) and Before They Make Me Run (his jaunts to Jamaica).

Stay evil Keith, please!

"But if he ever fell over, I'd pick him up. I'm a nice guy"
12-02-02 10:58 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Uggg... Patti born again? That's terrible! 'Specially because the two of them were such a nice couple, with her helpin' out poor Keith when he coulda slid right back down into the experimentation phase.

Well, maybe over the break they'll make up.

Or Keith'll murmur something about the cold affecting his arthritis and fly down to Jamaica.

-tSYX --- Gimme, gimme shelter!
12-02-02 11:49 AM
prism Soon after their marriage her family announced to the press that Keith had "embraced the Lord" but reporters who called Keith's management were told that wasn't true at all. Patti's family has at least one fundamentalist minister in it. Patti wanted the kids to attend a strict Christian school where Adam and Eve is taught, no evolution. The Bockris article says Keith refuses to take part in Patti's lengthy family prayer rituals, he just stands there silent. There's a quote from Keith: "Religion is too much like Las Vegas, 'Oh you picked the wrong God. Sorry it's Allah.' I prefer to take the larger point of view: Hey, give thanks and praise, whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you are."
12-02-02 12:00 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy How trustworthy is this Borkis guy or whatever his name is? I liked his biography of Keith a lot - he seemed down-to-earth about it.

Steven Davis, on the other hand, has been slagging the Stones again in the press... I have no respect for that guy anymore. It's clear he wrote the whole thing just to get rich quick off of the nostalgia sweeping the nation.

-tSYX --- Mah-m-mah Generation...
12-02-02 01:28 PM
Street Fighting Man Christians are not perfect, they are just simply forgiven for their sins by Jesus Christ's death on the cross. The bible says, "you must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven."

As with all of us, Keith has a personal decision to make as to whether we will accept Christ's gift of salvation, or reject it. God has given us the freedom to choose, and it has eternal consequences.

12-02-02 01:52 PM
throbby [quote]Street Fighting Man wrote:
Christians are not perfect, they are just simply forgiven for their sins by Jesus Christ's death on the cross. The bible says, "you must be born again to enter the kingdom of heaven."

As with all of us, Keith has a personal decision to make as to whether we will accept Christ's gift of salvation, or reject it. God has given us the freedom to choose, and it has eternal consequences.

Praise the Lord, and pass the chiba!
12-02-02 02:01 PM
throbby Hold on a minute, the header pic? Isn't that Keith on his way to bible study
12-02-02 05:40 PM
prism Historians and anthropologists tell us that Christ is a myth inspired by previous myths of Attis, Osiris, Mithras, Krishna. The Christ symbol is a metaphor for rebirth. That's why for 5000 years a resurrection god has been celebrated in the Spring. It's a symbol, no need to take it literally. Read The Christ Conspiracy or The Jesus Puzzle. The writers of the Bible were influenced by eastern wisdom of Hinduism and Buddhism. Archaeologists are telling us that there was extensive trading of cultural ideas between India and the middle east as far back as 3000 years ago
12-02-02 05:54 PM
souldoggie I caught a glimpse of Keith and Patty before the show at the MGM Saturday night. He cetainly wasn't hiding from her. On the contrary, he looked like he was having the time of his life, and Patty was absolutely stunning.

It seems it was a family affair for Thanksgiving. Even Anita was backstage. She looked great, too. Very slim with a large stylish black hat.
12-02-02 05:55 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
prism wrote:
Historians and anthropologists tell us that Christ is a myth

do they??

my understanding is that there is plenty of evidence to substantiate that he is an historical reality - it's just that some of those things attributed to him - walking on water, turning water to wine (now - there's a talent), making the blind to see - the lame to walk, rising from ther dead etc. are of a somewhat mythological nature

also as i understand it, keith is in fact quite interested in the bible and such from an historical,literary and possibly spritual point of view but as noted above he has never nailed his colours to that mast - as he once commented "a guy nailed to a cross!! - what a logo!!"

what amazes me is that here is someone with all the talent, money and fame one could ask - he literally has the world at his feet - but he is reduced to avoiding his missus ike any other hen-pecked suburban joe
12-02-02 06:12 PM
Maxlugar Didn't they recently find Jesus's brothers stone coffin?

Jesus was not a myth.
12-02-02 07:58 PM
luxury1 Max, you shouldn't even be on a thread headed with "Keith in High Times." I thought you had the faith (for a day).
And Throbby, man, you had me scared for a second--just who was that guy I met the other night??
12-02-02 08:38 PM
prism The coffin has been analyzed and determined a hoax. The words "brother of Jesus" were added recently. The wisdom of Jesus is what's of value. "Love your enemy." If historians are right about the character of Jesus being a myth, at least he is a glorious, positive myth. I don't think small children should be frightened by images of Satan and Hell. The Pope says Heaven and Hell are not physical places but states of mind. THe Pope believes in evolution. THe born-again sects interpret doctrine literally and more negatively than other Christians do
12-02-02 08:55 PM
gypsy Well, if Patti has overdone it and turned into a total holy rollin' bible-thumper, then Theodora & Alexandra are going to rebel against her. I read recently in Vogue magazine that Alexandra said Patti tore down her Eminem poster because "She thought Eminem was making me bad." Hmmmm...
12-02-02 08:58 PM
Joey " I read recently in Vogue magazine that Alexandra said Patti tore down her Eminem poster because "She thought Eminem was making me bad." Hmmmm..."

Patti is hot ......................but not as hot as my Gypsy !!!!!!!

Actually , Clint Eastwood's daughter is scalding and she is featured in next month's Playboy .

" My Girlfriend reads Playboy , Ronnie ----------should I be Worried ? "

{{{{{ Joeskee }}}}}}}}}

12-02-02 09:02 PM
full moon Joey, you from the Chicago area???
12-03-02 01:59 AM
gypsy I saw that yesterday, Joey...that Alison Eastwood is going to be in next month's issue. I don't think she's hot...but that's just me.
Did you read about Tina Jordan moving out of Hef's mansion to focus on her career and her daughter? Thus far, the 'highlight' of her career post-Playboy, has been a guest spot on Howard Stern.
I think Hef got sick of Tina and her trog kid...
12-03-02 09:31 AM
Joey " I think Hef got sick of Tina and her trog kid... "

Tina is Hot !!!!!

Hef paid her big bucks to live at the mansion .

{{{{ Joeskee }}}}}

12-03-02 11:49 AM
jb Hi Joey..hope things are going well at H-P. We here in Miami are getting very excited about the prospect of an unprecedented 6th National championship in 20 years. We are also excited that Ken Dorsey unquestionably will win the Heisman trophy. On a personal note, went to Monkey Jungle in South Miami over the weekend, and saw "King", a 500lb gorilla who speaks with sign language. Also went to Coconut Grove and ate at the CheeseCake factory - had a chicken caesar and pecan cheese cake for desert. Over all, a great weekend!
[Edited by jb]
12-03-02 12:36 PM
Maxlugar Your faux sincerity is a delight to behold.
12-03-02 12:49 PM
jb I just want to wish all our Jewish friends a happy Chanukah.
12-03-02 01:09 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
I just want to wish all our Jewish friends a happy Chanukah.

And smoke that Marijuanakah!

Glad you saw that ape, Josh. Lets face it, simians are good old-fashioned American entertainment at its best.
12-03-02 01:31 PM
Maxlugar A drunk Steelie comes in a close second.
12-03-02 01:32 PM
Joey " Hi Joey..hope things are going well at H-P. We here in Miami are getting very excited about the prospect of an unprecedented 6th National championship in 20 years. We are also excited that Ken Dorsey unquestionably will win the Heisman trophy. On a personal note, went to Monkey Jungle in South Miami......."

< ----- Nebraska " BUILT " your program in 1983 oh Ye of the Persian Lineage .

You tell him little buddy . On a side note Josh , the Huskers fired three coaches yesterday and there are some more changes to come . Can you believe it ??????? Our first losing season since 1960 .

Oh , the Humanity ! Oh , The horror ................

The Horror ..................

And now ................THIS !!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeskee JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeykins JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ J.Bo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Fly JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Diddy JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeskee JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeykins JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ J.Bo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Fly JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Diddy JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeskee JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeykins JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ J.Bo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Fly JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Diddy JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeskee JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeykins JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ J.Bo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Fly JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Diddy JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeskee JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeykins JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ J.Bo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Fly JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Diddy JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeskee JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeykins JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ J.Bo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Fly JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Diddy JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeskee JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeykins JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ J.Bo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Fly JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Diddy JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeskee JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeykins JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ J.Bo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Fly JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Diddy JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeskee JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Joeykins JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ J.Bo JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Fly JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Diddy JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJoey

{{{{{{{{{{KUNTA JOE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Slave to Stones
12-03-02 01:36 PM
Maxlugar I am in the process of stealing Gypsy from you.

Maxy Longstocking (A Delightful Scamp)
12-03-02 01:39 PM
jb We went through that here when the NCAA hit us with massive penalties in the late 90's. Great programs can't be held down and i am sure Nebraska will return to prominence within the next 5 years. See you January 17th.
12-03-02 01:47 PM
Joey " See you January 17th. "

You make Joey say , Huh ???????????????????????

I thought you were going to the Denver Gig on Feb . 1st with Maxy , Gypsy , Steelie , MaxMeister , Moonie and Me ???????????

What gives ?????????????????

Why ????????????????????????

Josh , have you seen my Dope ?????????

Joeykins

Page: 1 2