ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida March 3, 1999
By Roostah!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Have a great Thanksgiving Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-27-02 08:47 AM
nankerphelge Just so I don't forget, hope all y'all have a great and safe T-day (even if you don't celebrate it).

This year I am most thankful for this great tour we got and the opportunity to meet so many of you along the way.

11-27-02 08:52 AM
Boomhauer Happy Thanksgiving to you nanky!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
11-27-02 08:57 AM
stonedinaustralia thanks nanker

we don't really note the day down here

btw, in case you're thinking that summabitch mick... you send him a blimp half way round the world and don't here nothing back but jack...

well, i did plan to send you a nice bottle of australian red - made inquiries - no problem sending such a thing to the states - h/ever, as you maybe aware, it is illegal to send booze throught the post in the u.s.of a. - so if i sent you it it would take you more time and effort to collect it from customs than me to send it - sort of defeats the purpose

so i have to switch to plan "b", which - plan "b" that is -is still, as they say ((((((((((((((((((((((developing)))))))))))))))))))

don't worry nanker - we'll make it by xmas

are you glad that joey is dead??

what did they do with his organs??

11-27-02 08:58 AM
Nellcote Happy Thanksgiving to All!

GO PATS!!!-GO SKINS!!!
11-27-02 09:21 AM
jb Happy Thanksgiving...always more thankful when Stones on tour...Have a happy and safe holdiay weekend.
11-27-02 09:22 AM
nankerphelge SIA -- don't sweat it! As I said, some day I'll be in your country and you can buy me a Fosters!!

Thank you, though, for the kind thoughts.

11-27-02 09:32 AM
Sir Stonesalot Why don't you FedEx it? Just because the US Post Office won't deliver alcohol, a private concern like FedEx or UPS should be able to do that.

I order wine from the New York Finger Lakes region, and they deliver it FedEx. It can be on the expensive side...probably cost more to ship it that what the bottle costs. But you should be able to do it.

I love Australian table reds. Most delicious. World class stuff. You can send some my way anytime you want!
11-27-02 09:36 AM
jb Has a similar problem buying ardbeg scotch directly from Scotland..florida does not allow shipment of alcohol from retailer to consumer..must go through licensed dealer in state...I bid on e-bay and guy sent me directly and had no problem...
11-27-02 09:39 AM
Maxlugar Yes Happy Thanksgiving all!

Thanksgiving is the day that us evil, arrogant Americans actually press the pause button of life and say thanks to God (or whoever) for all we have.

I love us.

I am most thankful for the Predator w/ Hell fire missle and my sobriety.

Maxy!
11-27-02 09:41 AM
nankerphelge SS - ever drink Bully Hill wines? Walter Taylor was a relation to the Taylor family, but got fed up with corporate wine when Coke bought them out. So he went out on his own, but Coke forced him to stop using his name on his own wines. Bully Hill was great wine, and Taylor did all the pen & ink drawings for the labels! But since Taylor died the quality just isn't the same. Too bad -- well kept NY secret for the longest time.

[Edited by nankerphelge]
11-27-02 09:46 AM
Maxlugar MICK Taylor?

Is there anything he CAN'T do?

ML
11-27-02 09:47 AM
jb Max, will Joey and his Arabic friends be sharing Thanksgiving with you ?
11-27-02 09:50 AM
Maxlugar I don't break bread with dead people or towel heads.
11-27-02 09:54 AM
winter Nanky -

Say hello to the missus for me - I'll see you in January.

Enjoy the Tryptophan!

wintah
11-27-02 10:00 AM
nankerphelge Will do Winter.

As for January, MSG 1/18 is a definite.
And if my schedule here at work stays loose, looks like I may be catching a few more dates. Hope to see you at some...

11-27-02 10:06 AM
winter I'll be doing Beantown, MSG 1/18 - maybe 1/17 and maybe Montreal

wintah
11-27-02 10:06 AM
Sir Stonesalot I've actually been to the Bully Hill estates. My family goes with my parents once a year for a long weekend up to the Finger Lakes wineries.

Bully Hill, like you said, was at one time top notch stuff. However I prefer Castle Gritsch(sp?). I only have 2 bottles of red left from my trip last year...and I couldn't go this year because of prior plans(Stones, YOTI). Maybe my folks brought some back for me as a Xmas gift.
11-27-02 10:29 AM
jb Sirstonesalot..please expain stripped companion and 30th anniversary boots for me..what exactly are they? Thanks..jb
11-27-02 10:43 AM
Maxmeister [quote]nankerphelge wrote:

This year I am most thankful for this great tour we got and the opportunity to meet so many of you along the way.

I couldn't agree more. It's be a hell of a ride so far.

To everyone and your families, have an excellent Thanksgiving.

Rick

11-27-02 11:03 AM
parmeda I will most definately be giving thanks for my circle of friends that I have here...you will all be thought of tomorrow, as you are each and everyday.

May you have a Happy Thanksgiving as well!

Now...please excuse me, my break will soon be over and my kitchen awaits me for the annual two-day-non-stop-cook-til-I-drop marathon.

Eat well everyone!!
11-27-02 11:11 AM
Honky Tonk Man HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Alex
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
11-27-02 11:14 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving to All!

GO PATS!!!-GO SKINS!!!

Nellcote, you is my hero.

Hail to the Redskins, hail victory...

-tSYX --- Ooooo, and it's got me movin...
11-27-02 11:26 AM
sirmoonie Yep, happy T-day especially to the C10 and its kick-butt honorary fledglings.

You guys are cool and make me laugh.

And remember, you can measure a pound of chicken snot, but you can't measure a pound of love!
11-27-02 11:46 AM
~AzQb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I don't break bread with dead people or towel heads.

But At The MostEminentCasaDeMaxy,

~zQ is always welcome, ain't she, B?

{Since showing up without a 'lil sumthin ain't rightly proper, and you've sworn off drink, what would you like, MaxyPuP?}

I have a fresh brand spankin new box of Ticonderos, #2,freshly sharpened, for yer new job@HeavyHitter, and some oThEr sUndryFundries!

Maxy Like For Sure!

{I trust you with the tunes.

Usually i wouldn't say this about anyone but myself.

But i trust you to crank @Max Y Pup Volume
FFFile upon my arrival! And then HotStuff! And then ElMocambo/side3! And then, your turn!

~Casa De Maxy!~RoTbFl,SpJrLsS
11-27-02 12:15 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Happy Day Of American Celebration of Two Weeks of Kindness To The Indians Before Smallpoxing Their Blankets, everybody!

You're all a blast, and I hope your festivities are delicious and entertaining, especially feuds with the extended family.

Maxy (and the rest of you, too, but him in particular), no matter how much you love him, do *not* invite Mick Taylor to dinner, unless you want to wind up with an empty table and a missing tablecloth. Household pets may become mysteriously absent too.

I recommend a good hearty football nap and a dose of Love You Live to everyone here. Or if you're in the mood, put on Roseland and dance about your stereo to avoid your mother-in-law asking you about the gravy.

-tSYX --- That's how strong, that's how strong, that's how strong my love is!
11-27-02 01:22 PM
Saint Sway EAT ME!
11-27-02 02:45 PM
Joey MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE --- Especially you Josh .

Joeykins .
11-27-02 02:48 PM
jb Thanks Joey...market up 3 1/2 % and your 401(k) at H-P highest in months!!! Just ask WWJD and you will be fine...Happy Chanukah!!!!Did you know there are many 1/2 Jews? (Gwyneth Paltrow)
[Edited by jb]
11-27-02 02:51 PM
Joey " Thanks Joey...market up 31/2 % and your 401(k) at H-P highest in months!!! Just ask WWJD and you will be fine...Happy Chanukah!!!!Did you know there are many 1/2 jews? "

Thanks Bro .............

Everyone knows that the Jews are the smartest people in the world , that is why Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon surrounded themselves with so many .

Now if only Georgie could follow suit ...........

" Kissinger Me Ronnie "

J. Fly

11-27-02 02:53 PM
jb ....
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2