ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Panathinaikos Stadium - Athens, Greece - 17th April 1967
Last tour performance of Brian Jones
With thanks to Fotini and Irina... BTW, Happy birthday Fotini!!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The most boring riff? Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 18th, 2004 10:34 PM
ResidentMule or not.
dont even know why your starting shit. exposed?
November 18th, 2004 10:49 PM
Bloozehound i've got my ey3 on u
November 18th, 2004 11:03 PM
ResidentMule listen dude. i ain't a newb, or a troll, or whatever. i've traded with several people on this board (the only thing that keeps me here while there's nothing going on with the Stones as far as an album or tour) and offer B&P's here anytime I'm not too tied up with other trades. also been a Stones fan pretty much all my life. i like ot talk about music, and i aint here to start shit. and your problem is what?
November 18th, 2004 11:18 PM
Bloozehound
November 18th, 2004 11:23 PM
Stonesthrow Satisfaction is the greatest rock and roll song of all time. Although the catchy riff is a part of it, the real reason for its popularity is when it was published.
Because of the Stones' rebellious image and their willingness to take pot shots at the establishment, Satisfaction became the anthem of a generation of teenagers tired of the same old societal crap. Unless you grew up then, you can't really appreciate just how important that song was at that time.

While it was not complicated, the Satisfaction riff is one of the most instantly recognizable riffs in rock history.
November 18th, 2004 11:39 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:
Satisfaction is the greatest rock and roll song of all time. Although the catchy riff is a part of it, the real reason for its popularity is when it was published.
Because of the Stones' rebellious image and their willingness to take pot shots at the establishment, Satisfaction became the anthem of a generation of teenagers tired of the same old societal crap. Unless you grew up then, you can't really appreciate just how important that song was at that time.

While it was not complicated, the Satisfaction riff is one of the most instantly recognizable riffs in rock history.

can't argue with anything you said

not complicated: true
instantly recognizable: true
popularity do to when it was released: true

haven't denied one of those things. never even said it wasn't a good song. just that the riff is nothing special. they made a song out of it that I definitly dig hearing, so long as its not a Licks tour version.
and anyone can say all they want about you had to be there, and 'its an anthem of its time' etc. your right, i wasn't there, but grew up on the Stones, and can't count the number of songs that have had special value to me. or maybe that doesn't mean shit. either way, as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter, good music is timeless. good song. still not a riff that excites me. oh dear, poor sirmoonie must be vomitting out of disgust right about now.

there you go, that's my opinion. don't like it, fuck off.

just out of curiousity, how many of you Satisfaction defenders are also the people who are tired of the warhorse setlists?
November 18th, 2004 11:48 PM
Bloozehound
November 19th, 2004 10:02 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:

just out of curiousity, how many of you Satisfaction defenders are also the people who are tired of the warhorse setlists?

I am. Not only because of the sheer repetition but also because their live performances don't approach the quality of the studio versions.
November 21st, 2004 07:11 AM
corgi37 The most boring riff surely is VU's "Heroin".

Well, riff/chord, who cares. It's only 1 chord!
November 21st, 2004 09:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The most boring riff surely is VU's "Heroin".

Well, riff/chord, who cares. It's only 1 chord!

It's true, awfull.
Page: 1 2