ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Including Keith,who are your 3 favorite rock guitarists and why? Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th November 2007 10:19 PM
Dino37 Keith in his prime was absolutely great. I'm not into the Eddie Van Halen dancing fingers crap. Lay down the fucking rhythm.

And to those who noted Knopfler, good on you. Too often overlooked. Absolutely ace guitarist.

Hendrix - good, but some who don't know music elevate him too much because the kid choked on his own puke back in the day. He could play, for sure, but after it was all said and done, he wasn't Keith. I argue if Keith was into that kind of thing and worked at it, he could immitate Hendrix, but nobody could really pull off Keith when he was on his game - granted, about 25 years gone now.

Go ahead and slag that, but I'm sticking to it.
15th November 2007 10:23 PM
Zack Garcia, Gilmour, Green
15th November 2007 10:30 PM
mojoman
quote:
Zack wrote:
Garcia, Gilmour, Green

damn..........
16th November 2007 12:03 AM
Navin
# 1 Ron Wood, Keith Richards (No Brian Jones, No Mick Taylor)
# 2 Michael Bruce (No Glen Buxton)
# 3 Steve Stevens (No Mark Younger-Smith)
16th November 2007 04:25 AM
JohnLeeHacker - J. Hendrix: virtuose
- K. Richards: art riff
- J. Page: wild solo and riff

F. Zappa, M. Taylor, A. Young, A. Lee, S.R. Vaughan, R. Gallagher and C. Berry and B. Diddley....
16th November 2007 04:33 AM
Shmoey 1. MACCA

2. MACCA

3. MACCA

BEST MACCA YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'kins

16th November 2007 11:21 AM
Dino37
quote:
Shmoey wrote:
1. MACCA

2. MACCA

3. MACCA

BEST MACCA YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'kins

Ok - that shit was funny. Damn near spit coffee out my nose. Bloody hell.
17th November 2007 03:43 AM
corgi37 1. Keith - because he is Keith.
2. Neil Young - Because i love his style and sound (electric i am talking about).
3. Jimi - Because he was revolutionary.
17th November 2007 08:48 AM
guitarman53 Along with Keith.
1-Pete Townshend-another fantastic rhythm guitarist, listen to the original Tommy album, his rhythm is great, he strums that guitar like a banjo.
2-Eric Clapton-his medley leads sing, is a fantastic blues guitarist, his leads on "Crossroads" is out of this world, I heard it so many times, & I still get a lot out of it.
3-Hendrix-mentioned before his playing was like something from another planet, he took the guitar to another dimension, made feedback a art form, & a great blues guitarist too, his "Red House" is fantastic, when I first heard him I thought there were 3 guitarist.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)