ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RO-Average Level of Actual Education? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
14th November 2007 02:51 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Back to Martha's original thread, people.

So, will someone please explain to me how this American educational point scoring system works???

They've all gone 'round the bend here Jo. Nobody is answering you. There's not a real "scoring system" per se.

In American public schools, kids attend Kindergarten-12th grade (13 years). Most kids are in 12th grade (senior year of high school when they are 17-18). They are free to drop out of school when they reach 16 in many states.

After graduating from high school, they can apply to 4-year colleges, both public and private (this gives them a bachelor's degree after 4 years), get a 2-year associate's degree in various fields, go to trade schools, apprentice programs, etc.

Post-grad studies in law, business, medicine, education, etc. after college are also fairly common.

Hope this helps....

SV

14th November 2007 03:42 PM
Le chef Could you please repeat the question for Miss South Carolina?

14th November 2007 05:51 PM
jostorm
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

They've all gone 'round the bend here Jo. Nobody is answering you. There's not a real "scoring system" per se.

In American public schools, kids attend Kindergarten-12th grade (13 years). Most kids are in 12th grade (senior year of high school when they are 17-18). They are free to drop out of school when they reach 16 in many states.

After graduating from high school, they can apply to 4-year colleges, both public and private (this gives them a bachelor's degree after 4 years), get a 2-year associate's degree in various fields, go to trade schools, apprentice programs, etc.

Post-grad studies in law, business, medicine, education, etc. after college are also fairly common.

Hope this helps....

SV

Thank you,SV, that was very precise and helpful, I understand now. And thank the Lord there is the odd sane person around here....(Please leave me with this illusion until I finally meet you, will ya??? )
So it's a simple addition of years spent "at school", not a system where you score points. Thanks for that, SV!!

quote:
gypsy wrote:

Go away. It was cute the first couple of times...but now it's just beyond ridiculous. It's also kind of creepy that you have so much time on your hands, and this is how you choose to spend it.

I would like to second that.
And may I add a few additional pointers:
1) It stopped being funny quite a while ago, now it's just sad, as in "you are a sad person".
2) Go and do something with your life, you useless piece of shit. Either help your wife change the diapers on the new baby and allow her to rest, or do some of her chores,take the dog out for a walk,play with your kids or read them a story. I bet you do none of it and claim you're busy at work, and then you get home every night too late to give your kids a bath, etc...while wasting most of your time on useless impersonations of someone who is actually genuinely funny.
And if you happen to be at work while you post all this stupid garbage, then DO some work for your income, you parasite at the bottom of the food chain, because some other poor bastard is probably having to carry your load for you!
3) I tried telling you in a nice way, but you're too thick to get it.

14th November 2007 05:51 PM
jostorm .

[Edited by jostorm]
14th November 2007 07:03 PM
SweetVirginia Good heavens, Jo...now that you have learned how to change your avatar, will it be changing several times a day??
14th November 2007 07:56 PM
JohnDoey
quote:
jostorm wrote:

[Edited by jostorm]

That's what the kids runnng around the plains of Chicago call posting!

W-W-W-What?

Oh sure...

14th November 2007 07:58 PM
JohnDoey
quote:
jostorm wrote:

1) It stopped being funny quite a while ago, now it's just sad, as in "you are a sad person".
2) Go and do something with your life, you useless piece of shit. Either help your wife change the diapers on the new baby and allow her to rest, or do some of her chores,take the dog out for a walk,play with your kids or read them a story. I bet you do none of it and claim you're busy at work, and then you get home every night too late to give your kids a bath, etc...while wasting most of your time on useless impersonations of someone who is actually genuinely funny.
And if you happen to be at work while you post all this stupid garbage, then DO some work for your income, you parasite at the bottom of the food chain, because some other poor bastard is probably having to carry your load for you!

Jostorm?

14th November 2007 08:10 PM
BrianGotHisRocksOff I have a Bachelor's, and I start Law School in January.
14th November 2007 09:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
BrianGotHisRocksOff wrote:
I have a Bachelor's, and I start Law School in January.

Good luck.
15th November 2007 03:34 AM
Shmoey you make Shmoey laugh like hell!

WWWHHHATTT!!!!!!?????

oh sure, !!!

Jostorm?!?

Ronnnnniecakes!!!!!
15th November 2007 06:22 AM
jostorm
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Good heavens, Jo...now that you have learned how to change your avatar, will it be changing several times a day??

No, SV.
I was only following Voo's creative suggestion. After all, when the Gods venture down and suggest to us mere mortals to do something, to ignore them would bring floods, cyclones, plagues and volcano eruptions upon us, no?
15th November 2007 07:00 AM
Shmoey
quote:
jostorm wrote:

No, SV.
I was only following Voo's creative suggestion. After all, when the Gods venture down and suggest to us mere mortals to do something, to ignore them would bring floods, cyclones, plagues and volcano eruptions upon us, no?

good morning Jostorm.
are we 'weeding' today?

Jacccckkyy snuggles!
15th November 2007 01:47 PM
IanBillen Not to be rude.... but what is the point really and why are we concerned? Has to be something behind this question. You do not need to be college educated to like The Rolling Stones, or to be a truly smart person for that matter.

When it comes down to it, intelligence is a matter of personal ability, not a peice of paper really.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
15th November 2007 01:53 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Not to be rude.... but what is the point really and why are we concerned? Has to be something behind this question. You do not need to be college educated to like The Rolling Stones, or to be a truly smart person for that matter.

When it comes down to it, intelligence is a matter of personal ability, not a peice of paper really.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]

The number of humorous possible replies to this would take up an entire message board.
15th November 2007 01:56 PM
jostorm I think that Martha is discretely working on an essay called " Correlation between people's ability to post pictures on websites that don't have a red "x" in a square and the amount of years they spent in main-stream education".
15th November 2007 01:56 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

If you actually have that "peice" (sic) of paper, return it to me immediately...I no longer believe you competent to do my grocery shopping
15th November 2007 02:31 PM
PartyDoll MEG Feej..does the red X avatar indicate more IQ space than the damn frog avatar?

I thought IQ was measured by size of certain body parts?

15th November 2007 02:41 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

If you actually have that "peice" (sic) of paper, return it to me immediately...I no longer believe you competent to do my grocery shopping

It means, according to my photo server, that they "are under intermittent attack"...I blame Bush
15th November 2007 03:14 PM
pdog Game cancelled due to violence in the stadium.
15th November 2007 03:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

AT SEVENTEEN"
By Janis Ian

" I learned the truth at seventeen
That love was meant for beauty queens
And high school girls with clear skinned smiles
Who married young and then retired
The valentines I never knew
The Friday night charades of youth
Were spent on one more beautiful
At seventeen I learned the truth...

And those of us with ravaged faces
Lacking in the social graces
Desperately remained at home
Inventing lovers on the phone
Who called to say "come dance with me"
And murmured vague obscenities
It isn't all it seems at seventeen...

A brown eyed girl in hand me downs
Whose name I never could pronounce
Said: "Pity please the ones who serve
They only get what they deserve"
The rich relationed hometown queen
Marries into what she needs
With a guarantee of company
And haven for the elderly...

So remember those who win the game
Lose the love they sought to gain
In debitures of quality and dubious integrity
Their small-town eyes will gape at you
In dull surprise when payment due
Exceeds accounts received at seventeen...

To those of us who knew the pain
Of valentines that never came
And those whose names were never called
When choosing sides for basketball
It was long ago and far away
the world was younger than today
when dreams were all they gave for free
to ugly duckling girls like me...

We all play the game, and when we dare
We cheat ourselves at solitaire
Inventing lovers on the phone
Repenting other lives unknown
That call and say: "Come on, dance with me"
And murmur vague obscenities
At ugly girls like me, at seventeen... "

15th November 2007 05:08 PM
Some Guy
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Not to be rude.... but what is the point really and why are we concerned? Has to be something behind this question. You do not need to be college educated to like The Rolling Stones, or to be a truly smart person for that matter.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]

Sup Ian?
15th November 2007 07:56 PM
BrianGotHisRocksOff Thanks, Ten, I'm pretty nervous but getting in was half the battle ,so I'm ready to work my ass off!
15th November 2007 08:28 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
BrianGotHisRocksOff wrote:
Thanks, Ten, I'm pretty nervous but getting in was half the battle ,so I'm ready to work my ass off!

Work?...your ass off?...man...you got it all kinds of wrong...Law school is about two things and two things only....beer and John Madden football...buy yourself a nice suit, some emmanuel's outlines, and work on your button skills...when they run the monster dog on you, with the outside linebackers blitzing, you have to be able to hit the quick slant...if you can't do that, no respectable firm is gonna offer you a job
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
15th November 2007 08:31 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

...if you can't do that, no respectable firm is gonna offer you a job

firms are for fags

Honest Abe wasn't in any faggy firm
16th November 2007 03:21 AM
Shmoey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

firms are for fags

Honest Abe wasn't in any faggy firm

good morning lil' jizzy

what are we drinking today?
would it be the 'classics'?!?

pleased tell us, we've got to knows

snugglescakes!!!!!!!!!
16th November 2007 03:36 AM
JohnLeeHacker I'm so stupid i'm typing with the rest
of my lobotomy.
my IQ=0,5 in English language.
16th November 2007 04:01 AM
Shmoey
quote:
JohnLeeHacker wrote:
I'm so stupid i'm typing with the rest
of my lobotomy.
my IQ=0,5 in English language.

good morning Hacky
you are much loved by the Shmoey
are we 'weeding' today?

Jaccccccckkkky!

best MACCA Yet!!

16th November 2007 04:19 AM
JohnLeeHacker Of course YES!
All the week end with our fav. band,
and with all .oeys
Cheeeeers!!
16th November 2007 04:30 AM
Shmoey
quote:
JohnLeeHacker wrote:
Of course YES!
All the week end with our fav. band,
and with all .oeys
Cheeeeers!!

lil' Hacky, i want to nuzzle you
16th November 2007 10:38 AM
Blowey
quote:
jostorm wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)