ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Foro Sol, México City, D. F. 26th February 2006
© and thanks to Poncho Rico!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RO-Average Level of Actual Education? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
13th November 2007 12:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Me=in USA terms ...
Only 15.
13th November 2007 12:55 PM
Martha My 1-12 grade education sucked. I went to a very lame grade, middle, and high school. Did not get the basics...at all. None of the classics were taught. I bet I am the least educated person on this message board. I did get an undergrad and Master's degree later in life, but still notice I do not have the basics under my belt. It is one of my biggest regrets in my life. I had no idea how poor my education was until I came to this message board and saw how educated you all are. WORD!

xxoo,
MM
13th November 2007 01:01 PM
jostorm Martha: Some of the loveliest people with the kindest hearts that I have met in my life have had no "mainstream education at all". And having achieved a Masters later in life must be ten times harder than when you're really young. So hat off to you, Dear!

I don't understand how this American scoring of points works. ???????
13th November 2007 01:07 PM
Martha
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Martha: Some of the loveliest people with the kindest hearts that I have met in my life have had no "mainstream education at all". And having achieved a Masters later in life must be ten times harder than when you're really young. So hat off to you, Dear!

I don't understand how this American scoring of points works. ???????

Thank you jo! My family did not mention college to me or my brother, (we were not expected to go) and my Dad in particular did not support my going (he got angry that I went), later in my life. Education was not looked upon as something good or desirable. It was put-down and talked about as though it were merely a waste of time, and only for those who wanted to escape life. Doh! That mentality has kept my younger brother impoverished all his life. I still did not achieve the means to make a good living from going on for my Master's but at least I can almost converse with people now! ;-)
13th November 2007 01:08 PM
gypsy Martha, I agree with jo.
I also feel life experience can sometimes be the best education.
13th November 2007 01:10 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Me=in USA terms ...
Only 15.

15 years old? so, in essence, you are at about the level of the average 9th grader.

this, of course, surprises no one.
13th November 2007 01:16 PM
Le chef Hey Ladies!

I am a Dr. of LOVE !

[Edited by Le chef]
13th November 2007 01:25 PM
Blowey Let's have an Oscar Party!!!

I'll bring the Astro Glide and Zima!!

Blowey'kins!!!!!!!!!!

13th November 2007 01:26 PM
steel driving hammer I got mostly D's in school and got kicked out of college in Poultney Vermont.

But I have good taste in women, wine and song.
13th November 2007 01:41 PM
gimmekeef I graduated and now am a professor at School of Hard Knocks...
13th November 2007 01:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I graduated and now am a professor at School of Hard Knocks...

Cool. Pamela's a professor at the School of Hard Cocks.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
13th November 2007 02:09 PM
pdog I have very little high school education, my IQ is between 115 and 120.
Not bad considering all the shit I've been through...
13th November 2007 02:12 PM
Blowey
quote:
pdog wrote:
I have very little high school education, my IQ is between 115 and 120.

I would like to nibble your cerebellum.

It's true!

Marcus Blowey, M.D.!!!!
13th November 2007 02:26 PM
pdog Poor lil Blowey!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's pussy, the other white meat!!!

Yummy!!

What! What!! What!!!

Oh Wait!!!

Kins'

Nuzzle...

Joey, Joey, Joey & Blowey!!!

13th November 2007 02:32 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Cool. Pamela's a professor at the School of Hard Cocks.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

13th November 2007 02:38 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
13th November 2007 02:53 PM
sirmoonie It would be a trip if Joey started stealing material from Blowey. More mind-blowing than a backwards tangential piss on that international date line thing in the Pacific Ocean.
13th November 2007 02:58 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
13th November 2007 03:10 PM
Starbuck
quote:

not much going on today, huh?
13th November 2007 03:12 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

not much going on today, huh?

not a thing... I could be playing video games!
13th November 2007 03:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Blowey wrote:
Let's have an Oscar Party!!!

I'll bring the Astro Glide and Zima!!

Blowey'kins!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13th November 2007 03:35 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
pdog wrote:
I have very little high school education, my IQ is between 115 and 120.

YOU SPENT TOO MUCH TIME BEHIND ACHS SMOKIN WEED
13th November 2007 03:44 PM
egon quit school when i was 19.
3 years in the airforce, and worked ever since.

[Edited by egon]
13th November 2007 03:56 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Martha wrote:
My 1-12 grade education sucked. I went to a very lame grade, middle, and high school. Did not get the basics...at all. None of the classics were taught. I bet I am the least educated person on this message board. I did get an undergrad and Master's degree later in life, but still notice I do not have the basics under my belt. It is one of my biggest regrets in my life. I had no idea how poor my education was until I came to this message board and saw how educated you all are. WORD!

xxoo,
MM

George Walker Bush III received the best formal education money can buy. The country's queerest prep school, Phillips Andover, then Yale, then Harvard Grad. It got him nowhere - other than generalities about how he feels at a particular moment, he can barely communicate.
13th November 2007 04:02 PM
jostorm
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
It would be a trip if Joey started stealing material from Blowey. More mind-blowing than a backwards tangential piss on that international date line thing in the Pacific Ocean.

There is no such thing as a tangential piss in the way you describe it, I think, because the piss would hit the ground in a curve, which by definition is not a line that just crosses the curve , or curved ground, in one single point, to then carry on in a straight line....If you could do it on the moon without gravitation, maybe...

But yes, it would be a trip.....

I'll go and roll one, smoke it, wait fifteen minutes, and then read your post again, sirmoonie...

Hey pdog: brilliant pictures!

Who the fuck is Blowey, Shmoey, etc????...
I bet it's jb. A bit frightening to think of all the people it COULD be, really....
13th November 2007 04:06 PM
egon
quote:
jostorm wrote:
A bit frightening to think of all the people it COULD be, really....

I read this board ones when i was stoned.
i was conviced that everybody here was just one person
taking the piss out of me.
so no more drugs and internet for me.
13th November 2007 04:06 PM
Joey
quote:
jostorm wrote:

Who the fuck is Blowey, Shmoey, etc????...
I bet it's jb. A bit frightening to think of all the people it COULD be, really....

Frig YEAH it is frightening !!!!!!!!!

.... they all reside HERE !!! :

|
V

www.Maxlugar.com ( residence of the ' horribles ' )

'kins , Est. 1999

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
13th November 2007 04:11 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jostorm wrote:

There is no such thing as a tangential piss in the way you describe it, I think, because the piss would hit the ground in a curve, which by definition is not a line that just crosses the curve , or curved ground, in one single point, to then carry on in a straight line....If you could do it on the moon without gravitation, maybe...

But yes, it would be a trip.....

I'll go and roll one, smoke it, wait fifteen minutes, and then read your post again, sirmoonie...

You are kind of correct, if the world was in a motionless vacuum, the piss would actually be asymptotic to the date line. But when you account for resistance with the atmosphere and the rotation of the earth, its possible to do what I said. At least with my penis it is.
13th November 2007 04:37 PM
nankerphelge Don't forget the Coriolis effect.

You know, that's why hurricanes spin counterclockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern. So if you stood at the Equator, at the Internation Date line and pissed from west to east, your piss would not only be tangential, it would hit the ground a day later.

That's some serious stuff!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
13th November 2007 04:46 PM
tumbled I am really lucky my mom was an english teacher and my aunt and grandma were teachers. We are lucky we went to decent public schools, the exception was 5th grade when we moved out to the hinterlands and everyone was behind and less interested there. I went to Univ of Maryland for BS then in 1990 I applied for a fellowship to UVA and got full tuition and worked full-time during that. I still dont' think I learned enough. I am sitting here working at a law firm now b/c my masters is in planning and the jobs in that field are crap or highly political and I didn't want to compromise my principles at my last planning job and I was axed so nuff of that.

I never want to go back to school again. I am done.
[Edited by tumbled]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)