ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today interview - Lauer mistake Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11-17-03 10:56 AM
T&A I thought the interview was good overall. Matt's reputedly a Stones fan - but two notable mistakes

1) His reference to the tour as the 40 Licks tour. It's Licks, Matt.

2) His awkward discussion regarding Keith's hands, trying to make it like his hands look like that from years of battering his guitar. Keith let him off the hook and went with the flow - which was nice of him. But, it's called arthritis, Matt - someone should have clued him in.
11-17-03 11:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well what could you expect from that show? Lauer is just another pretty boy/pretty girl, corporate media type. I'm sorry I missed it though.
11-17-03 12:19 PM
Factory Girl Lauer is neither pretty nor talented. Same for Ms. Couric.

"Pretty vacant is more like it, Ronnie"
11-17-03 12:33 PM
jb The Stones love his bald headed ass....Mick says "we like him" on the dvd documentry....pathetic!!!
[Edited by jb]
11-17-03 12:39 PM
Mikey JB, quick question.

Is there anything you like about the Stones these days? Anything?

In your many, many, many posts, you opine that Mick's pathetic, Keith can't play, you wish MT would replace RW, they can't sell out, FF isn't that great, they don't sell this or that, they're sellouts, etc.

Of course you're entitiled to your opinion, but how about a little love on a Stones board, no less?
11-17-03 12:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
The Stones love his bald headed ass....Mick says "we like him" on the dvd documentry....pathetic!!!
[Edited by jb]

Oh he's "likeable" enough. I like him ok. But he is kind of a poster boy on the crap that passes as "jounalism" this days. He's just a symptom, the disease is what scares me.
11-17-03 12:54 PM
jb Mikey, criticism of something you love is the only way to improve it.
11-17-03 12:57 PM
Factory Girl jb stimulates discussion...rotfl.
11-17-03 01:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Mikey, criticism of something you love is the only way to improve it.

Yeah. But how does one improve on perfection? It "may" be bad but it doesn't get any better than this. We're all damn lucky that the Rolling Stones are still "here"...in more ways than one.
11-17-03 01:06 PM
Joey " Mikey, criticism of something you love is the only way to improve it. "

You always hurt the one's you love .

ODE TO STEELIE : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky !

11-17-03 02:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot >criticism of something you love is the only way to improve it.<

Piffle.

First off, it isn't yours to improve on Josh. As far as I know, there is no member of the band named Josh. Since you are not a member of the band...or even a musician in general...you have no say so in anything concerning the Rolling Stones affairs.

Your moaning and whining can accomplish nothing, except irking a few posters. THAT is obviously your real goal, to piss people off, right? So in actuality, it has nothing to do with love, or the band, or improving anything. It's all about how many panties you can get in a knot.

Why is that exactly? I've always been curious about that. I'm certainly not above tweeking a nose, steppin' on toes, or twistin' a tit...but my SS character has a lot more depth than that to him. I mean, is that the best you can do Josh? You are such a one trick pony. Don't you know how to do anything else? I think I know what the deal is...but I'll let you respond first.
11-17-03 02:47 PM
glencar Joshy, your gig is up. It was an improvement over the joo lists tho.
11-17-03 02:51 PM
jb I shall not suffer the same fate as SDH..try as you will, I shall never leave the board voluntarily.
11-17-03 02:52 PM
Factory Girl Joshy can advise on the Middle East peace process.
11-17-03 02:53 PM
glencar Well, he DOES have more knowledge about it than B. Pitt.
11-17-03 02:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Boy,... these personal attacks are getting out of hand. Damn, Stand your ground Josh.
11-17-03 02:58 PM
glencar Trouble is, he's standing in a swamp...
11-17-03 02:59 PM
jb Thank you MotherBaby....Unlike SDH, I have the knowledge and resources to withstand this barage...and I do it not for myself, but for the future of the board....
11-17-03 03:01 PM
glencar Joshy, don't be so defensive. And this SDH stuff is still going on?
11-17-03 03:03 PM
Nellcote But, JB, can you survive the beating your Phins shall take at the hands of the XXXVI Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots on 12/07/03? That Phins coach looks rather tentative at the helm...
11-17-03 03:04 PM
jb SDH is not, I repeat, not returning...Joey and I tried our hardest, and even though I have been advised that SDH patched up things with some of his detractors, the pain and humiliation he had to endure were just too much ...I hope he changes his mind in time, but for now, it looks like he is a goner.

Nellcote, I attended that awful game yesterday with my boys, and I am convinced Wannstedt and Norv Turner must be fired ASAP..
[Edited by jb]
11-17-03 03:05 PM
glencar Watch out. The last time you put it all on a New England team, you got hurt badly.
11-17-03 03:06 PM
glencar Joshy you're especially melodramatic today. Problems in court?
11-17-03 03:10 PM
Nellcote Never put it all on The Sox. Putting it all on the Sox would have only come in the World Series. I put it all on the Sox in '86 and learned, but that does not stop me from being a fan. I did put it all on the Pats in Feb '02, we all know how that worked out. BTW, at least The Sox beat the Marlins during the regular series, which the Yankees, with all of the coin, could not even take the Marlins in the World Series. Any Yankee fan will tell you their World Series was beating the Sox, with losing to the Marlins, much like losing to the Diamondbacks, nothing, which is the easiest out in the game.
11-17-03 03:12 PM
glencar But true. In the weeks leading up to the palyoffs, all we heard was about how the crappy Bosox were "destined" to make the Series this year. Face it, they're loooooooooozers. And always will be.
11-17-03 03:13 PM
Nellcote The only loser on the Sox has left the building.
11-17-03 03:14 PM
glencar Serious? I think it's more than Grady Little. Oh well, we'll continue this next spring.
11-17-03 03:19 PM
Joey " Joey and I tried our hardest, and even though I have been advised that SDH patched up things with some of his detractors, the pain and humiliation he had to endure were just too much ...I hope he changes his mind in time, but for now, it looks like he is a goner. "

Why ?!?! WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!
WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Skee !

11-17-03 03:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Watch out. The last time you put it all on a New England team, you got hurt badly.

Watch your tongue. Patriots all the way. Maybe.
11-17-03 03:21 PM
glencar LOL @ the qualifier! BTW I don't give a fig about the NFL so I'll root for your Pats too.
Page: 1 2 3