ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Point, Dublin - September 9, 2003
© 2003 Sally O'Sullivan
With thanks to Karl Wallace from MCD

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today interview - Lauer mistake Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11-17-03 03:25 PM
Nellcote Sorry to inform you, however, Grady let player emotions cloud his decision making. Pedro out, Timlin for the eighth, Williamson for the ninth. Then, the World Series Crown stays in the AL. What did the Yankees do to keep the crown in the AL? Could not even get a hit off of Josh Burkett. (BTW, was JB the winning pitcher, same initals?)
Could not even take the series to seven games. Don't give me the 85 year crap. Don't give me the 26 titles crap. Just give me the answers as to why/how the vaunted Yankees ran off to the golf course so quickly with such a wimper?
11-17-03 03:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL @ the qualifier! BTW I don't give a fig about the NFL so I'll root for your Pats too.

Yeah. Well the Pats don't seem to lose. It's always nice to be on a winning team. So far. One team wind the Super Bowl...put your money down.
11-17-03 04:03 PM
Mikey We went from Matt Laurer, to my question to JB, to his reply, to SS's direct question to JB to a full-fledged discussion about New England sports teams. Start a new thread with that.

I want to hear JB's answer to SS.
11-17-03 04:12 PM
Mikey (Thank you MotherBaby....Unlike SDH, I have the knowledge and resources to withstand this barage...and I do it not for myself, but for the future of the board....)

That's a joke, right? I mean, someone else said it best but this is a freakin' message board for a rock band (albeit the best one ever) and for so many people to devote their time to the most trivial matters ("phone home, SDH....phone home) is laughable.

I mean, "the future of this board"? ITS A MESSAGE BOARD!! hahaha, I can't stop laughing when I read that. The only way this board will cease is if the Trinity decide to pull the plug.

JB, I don't get bent out of shape when you attack people personally (and believe me, you do it) because ITS JUST A MESSAGE BOARD, but this whole act of yours - please tell me that you are the world's greatest actor, because if your melodramatics are any more than that...
[Edited by Mikey]
11-17-03 04:15 PM
jb When was the last time I attacked someone personally?
11-17-03 04:19 PM
glencar I don't recall Joshy attacking anyone personally. Check your facts.
11-17-03 04:20 PM
glencar Nellcote, even I'm bored by our discussion about this past season. Your team still blows after 85 years. It's over, Moby.
11-17-03 04:24 PM
jb Thank you Blue.....in the past I've had my moments, but in recent times, I have only "personally attacked" the Stones....In contrast, Joey, myself, and the former SDH have been the butt of some of the ugliest personal attacks in recent memory..Vodoo even deleted one last week aimed at me...
11-17-03 04:26 PM
Mikey Maybe "attack" is the wrong word, although you have disparaged groups of people (Arabs) in previous posts and when people were sick of dissemination of the Jewish lists that were ubiquitous 1 month ago and told you so, you basically told people to shove it up their ass and kept doing it.

You also disparaged the people of Philadelphia (where I am originally from), calling the city and the people despicable, among other names, because you got beat up or something. Who knows, maybe you deserved it. I'm sorry that happened, but don't paint with such a broad brush. I probably would have helped you out.

I don't hate or wish you away at all - I think its highly amusing how people respond to your posts being that THIS IS JUST A MESSAGE BOARD.
11-17-03 04:27 PM
Nellcote That's alright Glencar. You have got to understand that my therapist says it is good to have any objectors to the cause understand head on that everyone is entitled to opinions. Facing reality with facts is the best way to go. So, the facts are Sox Lost, Yankess won ALCS. Yankees could not win the World Series, for the second time this decade. It is again theraputic to say that. Further facts is that George Porgie Steinbrenner could not buy Rookie of The Year honors, and cried foul about Matsui not getting it.
I further agree, the matter is over. Wait until next year is the battle cry!
11-17-03 04:29 PM
jb The Philly thing was over a year ago....the heated discussions regarding the middle-east involved many more than just me saying negative things ..Look at Glencar and me, we totally disagree on mid-east, and really got nasty, but we put it aside...same for Moonie and me...
11-17-03 04:30 PM
glencar I have no problem with the Yanks not winning every single time. That'd be boring. Just like the Sox always losing is boring!! See ya next year!
11-17-03 04:31 PM
glencar I can testify for Joshy, Mikey. He's totally wrong on the Arab thing but we've made our peace. He's learned his lesson.
11-17-03 04:32 PM
glencar Philly? There's that old WC Fields joke...
11-17-03 04:32 PM
jb Let just say we can agree to disagree civily....I think the bombing in Turkey was evidence that it is not Israel only, but jews in general .
11-17-03 04:33 PM
glencar Turkey was terrorism. Just like Jenin.
11-17-03 04:35 PM
Nellcote You got it Glencar!
11-17-03 04:36 PM
glencar Yeah U2!
11-17-03 05:04 PM
scope For Nellcote and others... from a shirt I saw hanging in a display window this weeken.

If it's called the World Series, why is it always played in the Bronx?

And finally, you really believe that the Red Sox wouldn't have suffered the same let down IF they had beaten the Yanks? That was THEIR world series and they blew it.
11-17-03 05:07 PM
glencar Just when we thought it was over...

Good questions, of course...
11-17-03 05:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I'm not making any "personal attack" or anything like it. I'm just curious as to why Josh has to be such a whining little girl all the time. I was gonna let Josh answer, but since he seems to want to ignore this...I'll regal you with my theory.

Josh is scared.

Josh is afraid that he can't get people to respond to him in any other way than by posting something negative. He is scared of being ignored.

You see, he isn't smart enough to make insightful, interesting observations. He isn't quick enough to partake in the raucous banter without getting his teeth kicked in. And he's not funny enough to get anyone to snigger, let alone chortle or guffaw.

So, to avoid being pushed aside as completely insignificant, he posts tons of meaningless twaddle, and heaps scads of derision on the Stones. He knows that it pisses people off, and that it will provoke SOME kind of reaction. In his view, any reaction, even negative reaction, is better than no reaction.

I'm glad Josh is the way he is though. Every board needs a whippin' boy, and Joshy is a whippin' boy par excellence. Regardless what some of you might think of him, Josh really does serve a purpose here. I've seen him pull lurkers out of the shadows, I've seen him make some people blow gaskets. He's good at being the bad guy. Where he runs into trouble is when he thinks that everyone should like him because he's the bad guy. I think he forgets sometimes that most people DON'T like bad guys.

And Mikey...I don't think you would have helped him at the Vet. I think you would have layed the boot in. If he was being such a pleasant, well mannered, away team fan....how come nobody tried to help him out? You know why? Because he was being stupid. He was being his pompous assed self, and eventually everyone around him decided it was time for him to shut up. You know how he always likes to push the envelope...well pushing the envelope at the Vet, when the Eagles are losing, is pretty fuckin' stupid. And a really good invitation to an ass beating. Then he wants to play the "poor poor me" card. I wouldn't have helped him. You make a bed, you gotta sleep in it.

I would have helped him to the first aid station after it was over though.
11-17-03 05:18 PM
Joey " In contrast, Joey, myself, and the former SDH have been the butt of some of the ugliest personal attacks in recent memory..Vodoo even deleted one last week aimed at me... "

It really is amazing when one stops and considers just what Josh , My Baby Steelie and myself have gone through the last few weeks around here ..........................

Time and Time again we have been pilloried and lambasted to such a degree that I often felt like ..................................OH OH !!!!!!! .....................................Oh , God !!!!! .................I have to go and take a Sh## !

DAMN !!!!!!!!!!!!!Always when I am imbued ............

Developing .....................literally !

***************IMMEDIATE END TO TRANSMISSION AS JOEY GETS UP FROM HIS DESK AND RUNS TO THE BATHROOM KNOCKING COLLEAGUES OUT OF HIS WAY ***************************

For Baby : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

[ Outstanding Editing by Jacky Boy ]

Jacky !

11-17-03 05:19 PM
glencar Laying a double helix?
11-17-03 05:20 PM
glencar Over at Stonesdoug, there's a thread about what Rolling Stones song you are. Steelie almost answered "Cocksucker Blues" but luckily thought up "Hang Fire" instead.
11-17-03 05:29 PM
SHINE A LIGHT the moaning and whining is becoming a bore and very silly. as someone else wrote....we should count our blessings, we have the stones.

if you cannot say something interestingly useful here, please remain quiet.

the negativity is just plain stupid and "babyish"....grow up. thanks.
11-17-03 05:30 PM
twicks1 Still, it kind of sucks that the ONE PLACE you'd think you could go and share your excitement about Stones-related news and releases, without fail, jb is there first, telling you terrible it is.

11-17-03 05:32 PM
SHINE A LIGHT so matt lauer made a mistake...are you PERFECT??????

realign your karma, get into a positive frame of mind,please.
11-18-03 05:08 AM
corgi37 Sir Stonesalot, I'm with you. JB reminds me of a chick from Jaggers board about the time of Goddess release. Buggered if i can remember her name. The whole board just couldnt stand her. She went onto Jaggers site, posted zillions of posts, and bagged him non-stop. "She" claimed to be a share-trader (made heaps of moola of course, never stuffed anything up) but couldnt even name the financial index of Australia (fair enough you may say, but a trader would know it) and Hong Kong (which revealed "her" bullshit). Of course, it always stunned the board how a supposed wizard, hot-shot share trader had the time to post dozens and dozens of posts a day. Not once, ever, did "she" have anything positive to say about Jagger or the Stones. Of course, we all assumed she was a "she" by her handle, but i summised she was a semi-literate guy from Brazil, or at least some South American country. "Her" spelling was atrocious, like English was a second language. "She" also never answered any specific questions. Ones like, why the fuck are you Jaggers board when you hate him? I guess "she" needed attention too. Maybe it was to alleviate the pressure of being a international share trader. Oh, and the mistakes!! The most famous being "her" confusion of Mick Taylor for Peter Frampton (and bagged the Stones for losing a talent like Frampton!!). We all have gripes with the Stones about something or other, but JB just goes overboard. I mean, I hate them for not releasing anything until 40 licks. And for not putting out some of their past live shows on dvd. But, really, they are still the best band ever. Though, Ronnie aint no Peter Frampton.
11-18-03 05:26 AM
prism Keith did say there's probably some arthritis in his hands. I hope it's osteoarthritis that comes from overuse of the hands and not the more severe rheumatoid arthritis which is inherited.
11-18-03 01:49 PM
Tyler Durden Who here thinks JB is a fraud who lies about who he is, what he does, and is unemployed living in his parent's basement?

Page: 1 2 3