ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
¡ Gracias Stoneslib!
Petco Park, San Diego, CA - November 11, 2005
© 2005 Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Still Waiting for Streets of Love to Blow Up Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 6th, 2005 06:29 PM
Ronnie Richards But Rough Justice should have been #1 worldwide..
November 6th, 2005 06:50 PM
Some Guy The quote was, you will rue the day when SOL blows up.
November 6th, 2005 08:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
But Rough Justice should have been #1 worldwide..

... in 1975.
November 6th, 2005 11:28 PM
Bitch STREETS OF LOVE is a chick song. Men can never like a song that contains the lyrics " the band just played the WEDDING MARCH". It's too sappy for you tuff guys out there, but us women, we want to kiss MICK and say don't cry my dear man, it's just a kiss away.
November 7th, 2005 07:26 AM
glencar If Mick sings it, I can like just about any song. Except that Suck On The Jugular!
November 7th, 2005 11:43 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
beer wrote:
I think Keith's solo is great on the '76 live vid of Fool To Cry, and for that i like the song. Does that mean i'm a dork? The cool rules are so hard to abide by. I must cram for the next test!

-

Fool to Cry is a great song and don't let anybody tell you different.

bh: re F. Fender: LOL!
November 7th, 2005 01:32 PM
texile
quote:
Bitch wrote:
STREETS OF LOVE is a chick song. Men can never like a song that contains the lyrics " the band just played the WEDDING MARCH". It's too sappy for you tuff guys out there, but us women, we want to kiss MICK and say don't cry my dear man, it's just a kiss away.

not this one bitch -
estrogen does not make lame songs sound any better to me....
i like some passion in a love song.
November 7th, 2005 11:45 PM
The Wick Equating FTC and ER to Streets of Shite is a travesty. Both of those are wonderful tracks, and exactly as Texile said, they ooze with soul. You can feel the effort and the genuine attempts made. Besides, they were somewhat revolutionary because how many white lead singers of rock bands were singing songs like FTC at that time. Same with ER. Jagger showed Prince the proper way to sing and write tracks like that. Streets of Shite is a fucking horror show, lacking in everything, and is the equivalent of Hemingway, if he were alive, writing a trashy romance novel. It's crap and always will be one of the top 3 shit songs ever recorded by the Stones.
November 8th, 2005 12:43 AM
texile absolutely correct wick - those songs were original in thier time - and those grooves on er are splendid, with the falsetto just perfect and sexy.....

as for sol being in the top 3 shit list -
what are the other two?
November 8th, 2005 12:46 AM
The Wick Anyway You Look At It and possibly Already Over Me or maybe Back to Zero. There are a few others, but I am not entirely sure about them, like Gunface.
November 8th, 2005 01:56 PM
texile don't know about the other two - but anyway you look at it is a travesty of biblical proportions....
what IS this shit? i still can't figure it out....
there is nothing redeemable about this song - period.
i remember listening to it and laughing my ass off it was so bad....jagger's voice is just insanely phony and hideous.
November 8th, 2005 02:37 PM
glencar SOL is better than that. Anyway You Look At It is certainly one of their worst ever. Sparks Will Fly & Suck On My Jugular are candidates to. Hold Back from DW maybe.
November 8th, 2005 03:20 PM
The Wick
quote:
glencar wrote:
SOL is better than that. Anyway You Look At It is certainly one of their worst ever. Sparks Will Fly & Suck On My Jugular are candidates to. Hold Back from DW maybe.

I actually liked the riff on Sparks Will Fly. I haven't listened to it quite enough times yet, but Biggest Mistake might be on my list fairly soon. And at least he said Stalin and Roosevelt on Hold Back, although, that too is a shocker.
November 8th, 2005 04:33 PM
Neocon I kind of like Sparks Will Fly. Some bad lyrics for sure. I think Streets of Love is the worst. Suck on the Jugular, Binded Love or Rainbow, makes no difference they both suck. Back to Zero, Anybody Seen My Baby, Gunface, Singer Not the Song, Already Over Me really tarnishes Wild Horse, Always Suffering had me suffering. All really bad IMHO. Again, just an opinion.
November 8th, 2005 05:25 PM
Saint Sway "...and I, I, I, I, I - I, I, I, I am still waiting for the Streets of Love to blow up"
November 8th, 2005 05:59 PM
maumau
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
"...and I, I, I, I, I - I, I, I, I am still waiting for the Streets of Love to blow up"

well, i know that you think your country is the world but i have to tell you that at least here, in the remote province of Italy of the ancient continent of Europe, SOL did blew up

and so did ABB

life is strange

i don't like SOL at all, but I am glad to hear people on the street mumbling "I, I, I, I, I - I, I, I"
November 8th, 2005 06:52 PM
Soldatti Totally agreed maumau. Here in Argentina SOL was a big hit, in many countries of Europe too.
Nothing now from the Stones will blow up again in the States, not even a new Brown Sugar or SMU.
November 8th, 2005 07:26 PM
Neocon In Italy do people Like Frankie Vallie? I was thinking that high pitched stuff that many Italian American singers used in the 1950's and 1960's may have encouraged the popularity of Streets of Love. Specifically the "I I I I"?

I think John Travolta even sang like that in the movie Grease.
November 8th, 2005 07:39 PM
glencar I wish I was in Argie or Italia. I'd love to hear the Stones be a radio hit again.
November 8th, 2005 10:21 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
"...and I, I, I, I, I - I, I, I, I am still waiting for the Streets of Love to blow up"

SOLs awfully lame, this is my rap
I must admit SOLs a piece of crap
The awful truth is, I'd rather chew hay
I must admit, Sols awful gay..

I , I , I , I ,
November 9th, 2005 03:04 AM
maumau
quote:
Neocon wrote:
In Italy do people Like Frankie Vallie?

who is Frankie Vallie?

and, bloozehound, do we really need some other lame homophobic (c)rap?
don't think so
November 9th, 2005 07:29 PM
Neocon He sang some well known songs like "Walk Like a Man," "Sheri." I think it was Franki Valli and the 4 seasons.
November 9th, 2005 07:39 PM
texile
quote:
maumau wrote:

who is Frankie Vallie?

and, bloozehound, do we really need some other lame homophobic (c)rap?
don't think so

i don't think thats homophobic...
hey, i'm pretty sexually disoriented - and I think its gay....meaning - fey, soft, LAME.
its a good old adolescent expression that simply neuters the intended target of any balls.
November 9th, 2005 08:50 PM
glencar Frankie Valli is one of Italian-American culture's biggest heroes. His biggest solo hit was "Grease(is the word)"
November 10th, 2005 09:59 AM
maumau
quote:
texile wrote:

i don't think thats homophobic...
hey, i'm pretty sexually disoriented - and I think its gay....meaning - fey, soft, LAME.
its a good old adolescent expression that simply neuters the intended target of any balls.

well it sounded so to me
but english is not my mother language so
i apologize if i misunderstood

and i also MUST ADMIT my severe ignorance about Frankie Valli
anyway the italian success of SOL is mostly due to it being the soundtrack of a very popular advertising
November 10th, 2005 02:59 PM
texile misunderstanding american derogatory slang is understandable...
but not knowing who frankie valli is.....UNNACCEPTABLE!
swear to god.....
November 11th, 2005 03:09 AM
maumau
quote:
texile wrote:
misunderstanding american derogatory slang is understandable...
but not knowing who frankie valli is.....UNNACCEPTABLE!
swear to god.....

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)