ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

In Memory of Joe Jagger
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rummy stepping down Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th November 2006 12:52 PM
Maxlugar Dirty liberal bastards get their first scalp...
8th November 2006 12:55 PM
jb The liberals did not force him out. In fact, last week Bush said he was there for the long haul. Obviously, win or lose, he was out. Why did Bush state what he did knowing Rumsfeld was leaving?
8th November 2006 12:55 PM
monkey_man There are now known known's no more unknown unknown's!!
8th November 2006 12:57 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:
The liberals did not force him out.

LOL!!!
8th November 2006 12:58 PM
Joey
******* M- ... *****************

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
8th November 2006 12:58 PM
LadyJane I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall of the Oval Office right now.

LJ.
8th November 2006 12:59 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

LOL!!!

The liberals are forcing him to resign..LOL indeed. He is a polorazing figure even among his own party, and there has been talk about his being dismissed for the past 2 yrs. Many prominent republicans, like McCain and Hagel have called for his resignation. Don't be a sore loser-dems won fair and square, and you should congratulate them, as many of us did Bush in 04.
8th November 2006 01:02 PM
rasputin56 This is all part of the master plan. Scumbag Lieberman get's nominated for Defense Sec. and Republican gov. appts. Rep. Senator from CT. When you can't win at the ballot box you need to take other steps to ensure some power still remains.
8th November 2006 01:05 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:

The liberals are forcing him to resign..LOL indeed. He is a polorazing figure even among his own party, and there has been talk about his being dismissed for the past 2 yrs. Many prominent republicans, like McCain and Hagel have called for his resignation. Don't be a sore loser-dems won fair and square, and you should congratulate them, as many of us did Bush in 04.

Polarizing to the ones playing to the libs.

But hey whatever, they got their scalp. The whole reason it was done now was to take the Rummy issue off the table from the outset. Lets just hope the next one is a jew, no?
8th November 2006 01:06 PM
jb It's our day to shine..aftet 12 years of republican domination, we are reborn again as a party. Not only was this a crushing blow to the larger than life arrogance of the republcans, it was, in fact, a sweeping mandate to change the course the nation finds itself under republican control. They(republicans) have been trounced and humiliated far greater than anyone expected, and nothing they say today can rain on our victory parade.
8th November 2006 01:06 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
This is all part of the master plan. Scumbag Lieberman get's nominated for Defense Sec. and Republican gov. appts. Rep. Senator from CT. When you can't win at the ballot box you need to take other steps to ensure some power still remains.

I like that! Good one Rasper!
8th November 2006 01:08 PM
jb
What do "jews" have to do with this discussion?
8th November 2006 01:08 PM
WinslowStud A fine american falls. We are all unsafer thanks to this.

I liken this news to "the Drive".
8th November 2006 01:09 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:
It's our day to shine..aftet 12 years of republican domination, we are reborn again as a party. Not only was this a crushing blow to the larger than life arrogance of the republcans, it was, in fact, a sweeping mandate to change the course the nation finds itself under republican control. They(republicans) have been trounced and humiliated far greater than anyone expected, and nothing they say today can rain on our victory parade.

Is that it? Isn't there something you hope they accomplish? In what way do you wish to see the course changed?
8th November 2006 01:10 PM
pdog Have we surrendered yet?
8th November 2006 01:10 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:

What do "jews" have to do with this discussion?

I'm hoping one becomes Sec. of Def. Wasn't that clear? Certainly they'd deal with "the Arab" much more effectively, no?

[Edited by Maxlugar]
8th November 2006 01:12 PM
Maxlugar Oh well no Jew. Robert Gates is the nominee...
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I'm hoping one becomes Sec. of Def. Wasn't that clear? Certainly they'd deal with "the Arab" much more effectively, no?

[Edited by Maxlugar]

Oh...I understand now. Robert Gates is not jewish.
mojoman
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
This is all part of the master plan. Scumbag Lieberman get's nominated for Defense Sec. and Republican gov. appts. Rep. Senator from CT. When you can't win at the ballot box you need to take other steps to ensure some power still remains.

as a former resident of connecticut i resent that. lieberman while "confused" on some positions is a fine man and will continue to serve his state and country well.
Starbuck oh joshie.....

"you just want to be on the side that's winning!"
8th November 2006 01:14 PM
pdog I'm shocked, the war is going so well!
8th November 2006 01:27 PM
rasputin56
quote:
mojoman wrote:

as a former resident of connecticut i resent that. lieberman while "confused" on some positions is a fine man and will continue to serve his state and country well.

No, Joe will continue to serve Joe well. It has always and will continue to be about Joe.
8th November 2006 01:33 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Dirty liberal bastards get their first scalp...

Should have been scalped years ago - when the U.S. military wanted him fragged, people listened. Except George Walker Bush III and the Bush Geeks apparently.
8th November 2006 01:33 PM
pdog Ashcroft now heads the world bank...
We need political Where are they now shows... People would be better informed if we followed these idiots like we do rock and movie stars...
Remember when Ashcroft lost an election to a dead guy?
8th November 2006 01:35 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
Ashcroft now heads the world bank...
We need political Where are they now shows... People would be better informed if we followed these idiots like we do rock and movie stars...
Remember when Ashcroft lost an election to a dead guy?

i see dead people
8th November 2006 01:36 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Should have been scalped years ago - when the U.S. military wanted him fragged, people listened. Except George Walker Bush III and the Bush Geeks apparently.

Who did you want on the ballot in 2000?
8th November 2006 01:45 PM
chevysales
quote:
mojoman wrote:

he absolutely was and is...first dem i ever voted for... and the poster you responded to should maybe stick to politics in his own backyard as it appears he knew/knows nothing of leibermans challenger (i won't even type his name) but as a blind study most here if reading his (lieberman's challenger) record and not knowing what party he was with would swear he was a republican.

now lieberman's record shows he voted his mind more often than not... hopefully he will not caucas with the dems but most likely they were calling him last nite kissing his ass.
[Edited by chevysales]
8th November 2006 01:54 PM
pdog
quote:
chevysales wrote:

he absolutely was and is...first dem i ever voted for... and the poster you responded to should maybe stick to politics in his own backyard as it appears he knew/knows nothing of leibermans challenger (i won't even type his name) but as a blind study most here if reading his (lieberman's challenger) record and not knowing what party he was with would swear he was a republican.

now lieberman's record shows he voted his mind more often than not... hopefully he will not caucas with the dems but most likely they were calling him last nite kissing his ass.
[Edited by chevysales]

McCain called him to ask him how it felt to be fucked over by your own party, and still manage to stay in politics!
8th November 2006 01:56 PM
PeerQueer This was a very predictable election.

It should be noted that the most decisive wins were for candidates who have shown at least some willingness to buck the party line and stand on their own - the southern dems who won are middle of the road, a few are even openly pro-life, pro-gun rights, etc.

Arnold in CA, same thing. A fiscal conservative while very moderate on social issues, including the environment.

The real question for the dems will be if they understand this and react effectively - or, will they allow the hard-core libs in the party to once again instill further distrust in the electorate. They did not learn from the Clinton playbook and have been relegated to shut up and listen status for several years now. This is an opportunity for them to regain the footing that has been lost for over a decade now.

As for the repubs, well, this administration has spent more $$$$$ than any other. My conservative friends argue that's because we are fighting a war...but the #'s show billions being allocated to government assistance programs, foreign aid, all that shit that doesn't do a damn thing but cost us money. And the war has been mismanaged to the tune of billions upon billions as well - we have not been attacked since 9-11, so I have to give credit to Bush and Co. there, but even my patience is wearing thin on the out of control spending.

I hope to have a chance to vote for Rudy in 2008 - a tough on crime fiscal conservative who on occassion dresses in drag...FINALLY a politician I can relate to!
8th November 2006 01:56 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Rummy is looking more and more like Robert McNamara ( circa early 1968 ) --- the thinning hair , darkened eyelids , furrows in the face , pale - blue color .

Look for James A Baker III to replace Rumsfeld as Defense Secreatary ( see : Clark Clifford , circa March 1st , 1968 )

" Everything Old is new again Ronnie ! "

LBJOEY ! ™

[cc:ss]
[Edited by Joey]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)