ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith defends St Richards Hospital, Chichester Return to archive Page: 1 2
26th October 2007 03:55 PM
Moledmc http://www.chichester.co.uk/chichester/Stones-legend-to-lead-our.3418349.jp

My home town. Its a good cause as the nearest hospital is over 30 miles away, the last thing you need if you are dying or in the state of smack comatose. Good on ya Keith. My mum was a nurse as St.Richards(!) for 20 years.
Joining Keith will be shit actor Christopher Timothy who has done fuck all and whose sole reason for being there is to get some publicity. Lets hope someone throws Keith an acoustic.
26th October 2007 04:14 PM
Gazza Nice. Well done, Keith.

Hopefully it'll get the right kind of publicity and not be overshadowed by hordes of Daily Express photographers looking for a "Keith walked a bit funny and slurred a bit so he must be very ill" type headline.
[Edited by Gazza]
26th October 2007 04:24 PM
Moledmc Indeed. Chichester is very conservative so it probably will get stuffy press. I remember in the paper a few years back that the Parish Council in Wittering where Keith lives asked for £250 each off of every resident for the restoration of a very old Church there. He gave em £25,000. Can't see Mick doing that....
26th October 2007 04:50 PM
Gazza I dont know. I think Mick contributes to things in his own quiet way.

One charity fundraiser had a story in the press a couple of years ago where he told a story about how he'd written to Mick asking for a donation and received a cheque from him for something like £10,000.

A few days later another cheque arrived from Mick for the same amount. He'd forgotten that he'd already sent a donation. The guy returns the cheque to Mick with a note explaining that he'd already received a donation from him and this must be an oversight. A week or two later, he receives a letter from Mick in which he thanked him for his honesty, and as a reward for it, another cheque which was double the value of the one he'd returned.
26th October 2007 04:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I dont know. I think Mick contributes to things in his own quiet way.

One charity fundraiser had a story in the press a couple of years ago where he told a story about how he'd written to Mick asking for a donation and received a cheque from him for something like £10,000.

A few days later another cheque arrived from Mick for the same amount. He'd forgotten that he'd already sent a donation. The guy returns the cheque to Mick with a note explaining that he'd already received a donation from him and this must be an oversight. A week or two later, he receives a letter from Mick in which he thanked him for his honesty, and as a reward for it, another cheque which was double the value of the one he'd returned.

^ THATS A GREAT STORY!!!

you never hear that stuff...

I'm willing to forget about the glitter jacket for today because of this
27th October 2007 06:34 AM
corgi37 What can ya say? They are giving kind of guys. I have a tear in my old eyes thinking about how kind they are.

Great men. They rock. And i am even more prouder of them.
27th October 2007 09:32 AM
gimmekeef Mick has ignored all my letters asking for money....so fuck him...
27th October 2007 09:34 AM
Scot Rocks Rolling Stone joins health march

Keith Richards led the 15,000-strong crowd
Rolling Stone Keith Richards has marched with campaigners protesting against possible Sussex hospital cuts.
About 15,000 people joined the rock star on the walk through Chichester to oppose plans which could see St Richard's Hospital downgraded.

The 63-year-old arrived at the demonstration dressed in a long black leather coat, trilby and sunglasses.

Under NHS restructuring, only one of three West Sussex hospitals will remain a major general hospital.

West Sussex has hospitals in Worthing, Haywards Heath, and Chichester. Consultation on NHS restructuring in the county is in its final weeks.

'Vital local amenity'

Actors Christopher Timothy and Patricia Routledge also attended the march.

The Rolling Stones' guitarist has his main home in Connecticut, USA, but has owned Redlands in West Wittering, since the 1960s.

A spokeswoman for the 63-year-old said: "Keith Richards is a long-standing member of the West Wittering community and is pleased to lend his support to local efforts to save St Richard's Hospital.

"It is a vital local amenity for not only residents but for visitors and holidaymakers.

"A walk is planned to raise awareness and public support for the hospital."

On 13 October, 14,000 campaigners turned out for a demonstration in Haywards Heath.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7065262.stm
27th October 2007 10:06 AM
open-g

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/27/nstone127.xml
[Edited by open-g]
27th October 2007 10:16 AM
Back Street Girl
27th October 2007 10:18 AM
mojoman st keith?
27th October 2007 10:27 AM
open-g
quote:
mojoman wrote:
st keith?

I guess he doesn't care to be knighted.

it maybe a different thang to be sainted...

[Edited by open-g]
27th October 2007 10:51 AM
paddy all creatures great and small was very good..............
27th October 2007 11:08 AM
Jeep .
27th October 2007 11:13 AM
fireontheplatter good for keith.

is it me or is keith getting a pot belly?
27th October 2007 11:16 AM
mojoman
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
good for keith.

is it me or is keith getting a pot belly?

he's definately got pot
27th October 2007 11:47 AM
open-g

also a video there, but not playing for me
http://www.chichester.co.uk/chichester/VIDEO-Thousands-march-to-save.3421797.jp
[Edited by open-g]
27th October 2007 12:17 PM
open-g The video works if you do like good Arizojp pointed out:

"Same problem, but here's a direct link to the video (copy and paste the link and remove the space between ht and tp"

ht tp://video.jpress.co.uk/editorial/CHO/st richard's march 384k_stream.wmv

thanks, man
27th October 2007 12:26 PM
Jeep Easier with Youtube :

27th October 2007 12:32 PM
The Wick
quote:
Hopefully it'll get the right kind of publicity and not be overshadowed by hordes of Daily Express photographers looking for a "Keith walked a bit funny and slurred a bit so he must be very ill" type headline.

As long as they asked a member of his staff, I'll believe it!

Good on Keith. He just looks so much more in place in England. He should move back and then we'd have a Stones album to really talk about.
27th October 2007 12:50 PM
Dino37
quote:
The Wick wrote:

As long as they asked a member of his staff, I'll believe it!

Good on Keith. He just looks so much more in place in England. He should move back and then we'd have a Stones album to really talk about.

I agree. Keith belongs back in the old country.

Living in America is making him fat!

Otherwise, nice effort on his part, however small. Good on him.
27th October 2007 01:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
open-g wrote:

I guess he doesn't care to be knighted.

it maybe a different thang to be sainted...

[Edited by open-g]

Did he make a speech or something? (Christ, the tabloid dickheads will have a field day with that one if he did)

Great pix and video
[Edited by Gazza]
27th October 2007 01:39 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Dino37 wrote:

Living in America is making him fat!

living off of fish and chips and chip butties and bangers and mash will make him even fatter. i think.

mcdonalds and burger king here in usa sell nice crispy healthy green salades with low fat dressing.
27th October 2007 02:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
27th October 2007 07:01 PM
Dino37
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Gay Pride?
27th October 2007 07:53 PM
LadyJane Keith has always had a wonderful heart.
This does not surprise me at all.
God Bless ya Keef!!!

LJ.
28th October 2007 12:03 PM
Gazza Front page of today's 'Observer' (one of the more serious national newspapers)

'Chichester's Street Fighting Man'

28th October 2007 01:42 PM
open-g
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Did he make a speech or something? (Christ, the tabloid dickheads will have a field day with that one if he did)

Great pix and video
[Edited by Gazza]

“I have used St Richard’s a couple of times myself and it has saved a couple of lives on my behalf. Why are we talking about downgrading St Richard’s? We should be talking about upgrading it,” he said.

Stabbing a finger at the nearby Chichester cathedral, he added: “There’s a big building over there called the cathedral that will look after you in the hereafter. St Richard’s will take care of you in the here and now.”

He waved to cheering crowds and ended his speech with a reference to the hospital carrying his name. “I’m saving up for my halo,” he said.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article2753506.ece
28th October 2007 02:39 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

He really is a jolly good fellow!
28th October 2007 05:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
open-g wrote:
He waved to cheering crowds and ended his speech with a reference to the hospital carrying his name. “I’m saving up for my halo,” he said.

The fucker ALWAYS has a killer punchline, hasnt he?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)