ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don Henley Defends Eagles' Wal-Mart Deal Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th October 2007 05:45 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

You're the best! I'll even let you give me some diamonds. And by diamonds, I mean your sperm!

I shoot blanks !!! ( ...well , not really , but if the DEMS do NOT take back the WHITE HOUSE next year I will get a Vasectomy . Word . )

JJJJJJJJJJJJJ. " Snuggles " Fly !!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by Joey]
25th October 2007 06:27 PM
Poison Dart I bet the album debut's at #1.
25th October 2007 06:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I bet the album debut's at #1.

...with a Friggin BULLET !!!!!

Jacky !
25th October 2007 07:39 PM
goyas_paranoias All she wants to do is dance
And make romance
Can't feel the heat
Coming off the street
She wants to party (ooo!)
She wants to get down (ooo!)
All she wants to do is dance, dance!
25th October 2007 09:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:
I shoot blanks !!! ( ...well , not really , but if the DEMS do NOT take back the WHITE HOUSE next year I will get a Vasectomy . Word . )

Butt Babies don't live anyway.
25th October 2007 10:07 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
If anyone here buys that new Eagles album, I'm telling you now that we will find out about it.

that's right

and their name will be put on a List what's more!!
25th October 2007 10:59 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
oldkr wrote:
I always use my "mick stadium" voice when ordering my skinny decaf h'nut latte - don't you?

OLDKR

Do you ask the barista, "Are you feeling goood? Are you feeling good????"

25th October 2007 11:09 PM
Lethargy Spot on Sway. Henley has always been and always will be, full of shit. He's not the only self absorbed, hypocritical dipshit in the music world, but he's a nearly perfect specimen.

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the part that I love most about this is that had this been a different artist striking this deal with WalMart, then that windbag Henley would of been the first person throwing stones at them

but, of course, its ok for him to cut the deal

[Edited by Saint Sway]

26th October 2007 04:42 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
Dan wrote:
Eagles, Madonna, Paul McCartney, Nine Inch Nails, soon Aerosmith - established artists don't need record companies anymore. Deals like this along with Starbucks, Live Nation, Best Buy and whoever else can offer the performers a bigger piece of their own pie are going to become a lot more common in the future.

Bingo
26th October 2007 09:51 AM
Yap Yap Hey oldKR....I noticed that you used one of my smartassisms from IORR as your sig.....I think that was around the time BV banned me, like,the time before last. I came back as yapthe4th, and lasted 1(one!) post before BV threw me out.I'm back now, via www.youhide.com its a great thing.

And oh yeah, I'm thinking about buying the new Eagles.I have gotton into them lately for some reason.
[Edited by Yap Yap]
26th October 2007 02:03 PM
Dino37 These deals only work with more established acts who don't need the publicity machine offered up by the record companies. So now in the music industry you gotta work your ass off to get known, then can tell the record companies to go fuck themselves and make a deal with another established name company who works as the primary distribution agent and the artist gets more $$$ for each sale.

That's all right by me.
26th October 2007 02:15 PM
MrPleasant
Paul McCartney Doesn't Think John Lennon Was Gay

posted Monday, October 15, 2007

Tags: Paul McCartney, Pete Doherty, John Lennon

The Observer Music Monthly has a feature in which they put two music celebs from different generations together and let them just shoot the sh*t. These interviews have often been quite revelatory and headline-making. For example, Jake Shears' chat with elder gay statesman Sir Elton John infamously begot a diatribe from Elton on why religion should be banned.

This weekend, the Observer posted an interview that paired up Paul McCartney with saucy libertine Pete Doherty, who was allowed out of rehab just for the occasion. The generation gap was all too apparent throughout the chat, with Pete remarking to Paul, "I wanted to ask about some of your old clobber...," and Paul responding, "My what?" ("Clobber" means "clothes," Pete explains.)

Lots of great anecdotes emerge from this chat, including the moment Paul first heard about punk and details on Paul's collaborations with John Lennon. Speaking of Lennon, the most notable part of the interview occurred when Pete asked Paul about any decadent activities behind-the-scenes, and Paul somehow gets on rumors about John Lennon's sexuality:

There was an element of Satyricon, although that overstates the case a bit. But there were certainly some elements that you wouldn't talk about in the newspapers. Privately, I could tell a tale or two [laughs]. The funny thing is when later the rumour came out that John was gay, I said: 'I don't think so.' I mean, I don't know what he did when he went to New York, but certainly not in any of my experiences. We used to sleep together, top and tail it, you know. I always used to say: 'Come on, I would have spotted something here.' But what I spotted was completely the opposite. It was just chicks, chicks, chicks.
Quite the noncommittal response there. One hopes that Paul isn't implying that, just because John didn't jump his bones, he couldn't have been gay or possibly bisexual. You know, he might not have been attracted to him, as hard to believe as that is. Ironically, Paul's quote - "We used to sleep together, top and tail it, you know" - is one of the most startlingly gay things I've ever heard. I'm just sayin'...

In chart news: Sugababes hold down the top spot for the third week in a row in a largely unchanged top 10. The sole new entry comes from The Hoosiers, whose cheeky power pop single, "Goodbye Mr. A," zooms to No. 5 this week
26th October 2007 02:16 PM
MrPleasant Brandon Lloyd Implies Troy Aikman Is Gay
Posted Oct 15th 2007 4:29PM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Cowboys, Redskins, NFL Media Watch, The Word

Redskins wide receiver Brandon Lloyd implied today during a radio interview that Hall of Fame Cowboys quarterback and Fox broadcaster Troy Aikman is gay. Lloyd's comments included:

"I don't believe Troy Aikman anyway. He wasn't man enough to admit his personal life situation while he was a player.... So I have a tough time believing him. ... And there's nothing wrong with his personal life, you know, I have nothing wrong with, with.... Hey, I'm speculating too. Troy's speculating and I'm speculating."

In case there's any doubt that the "speculating" refers to sexual orientation, the hosts erased that doubt by bringing up rumors that Jeff Garcia is gay, to which Lloyd responded, "No, man, Garcia's not gay, he's my homeboy."

There were rumors (perpetuated by Skip Bayless, who at the time was a columnist in Dallas) that Aikman was gay during his time with the Dallas Cowboys in the 1990s.

More at Pro Football Talk, DC Sports Bog, Mr. Irrelevant and Awful Announcing.
26th October 2007 04:25 PM
guitarman53 People will do & say anything to sell newspapers or books for that matter, Andrew Loog Oldham's book "2Stoned" comes across as him being gay in the early Stones formation, & he slept with Mick Jagger, a 2 stoned pass-out, much the same way that David Bowie's ex-wife claimed that she only found Bowie & Jagger in the same bed years later, I mean if they took the drugs their famous for, they'd both fall down, passed out, let alone in the same bed.
26th October 2007 07:28 PM
MRD8 Joey,
I have an advance copy of The Eagles, Last Road Out Of Eden---it is AWESOME!!! Twenty songs on 2CD's...I'll send you a copy in tomorrows mail...I just got the DVD of McCartney's concert last night at the Electric Proms in London, do you want a copy of it too?
27th October 2007 03:40 PM
gorda Well, I love the Eagles' music and I love to shop at Walmart! Great deals! And, so convenient! You can get the oil to your car changed, get your prescriptions filled, photographs developed, all while you shop!
27th October 2007 04:12 PM
Bloozehound Why don't they just out do themselves and release their album exclusively thru Big Lots

27th October 2007 05:59 PM
Joey
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Joey,
I have an advance copy of The Eagles, Last Road Out Of Eden---it is AWESOME!!! Twenty songs on 2CD's...I'll send you a copy in tomorrows mail...I just got the DVD of McCartney's concert last night at the Electric Proms in London, do you want a copy of it too?

MRD8 ...................

YES !!!! ... YES !!!!!!

Could you please send me a copy of the CD & DVD --- I absolutely LOVE MACCA !!!!!!!!

Developing ..................

Joey
27th October 2007 06:01 PM
Joey
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Joey,

Bob .........................

You have a PM

Joey
27th October 2007 06:29 PM
robpop
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)