ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Madison Square Garden, NYC January 18, 2006
© and thanks to Throbby!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don Henley Defends Eagles' Wal-Mart Deal Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th October 2007 11:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels 10/24/07
Don Henley Defends Eagles' Wal-Mart Deal
Starpulse.com

The Eagles singer/drummer Don Henley has defended the band's decision to strike a distribution deal with U.S. supermarket chain Wal-Mart.

The group's new album, Long Road Out Of Eden, will be sold exclusively through the retailers in North America, but the band has been criticized for working with the supermarket giant due to Henley's credentials as a long-time environmental activist.

The new album also includes critical references to American consumerism and big business - with many fans accusing The Eagles of hypocrisy.

But Henley is convinced their relationship with Wal-Mart can help in the fight for green issues.

He says, "You would have thought we made a deal with the devil. We caught plenty of flak. Some of my environmental friends are a little upset because we made this deal. But on the other hand, I have a direct line now to the CEO of Wal-Mart. We're certainly making our feelings known in terms of ecological stewardship and some of the practices of big business that are undesirable and wasteful."

(This news article provided by World Entertainment
25th October 2007 11:15 AM
Mel Belli This, from a guy who founded a lobbying organization to counterbalance the RIAA, and who complains about the grip that Clear Channel and Rupert Murdoch have on the media.

A bit, er, rich.
25th October 2007 11:26 AM
gimmekeef When they say it isnt about the $$$ you know its about the $$$....Never go to Walmart myself so I'm safe from even seeing this putrid collection of lame babble...Did this guy think no one would call him out on this?
25th October 2007 11:30 AM
Mel Belli However greedy the Stones are, at least they're not hypocritical or apologetic about it.
25th October 2007 11:52 AM
Saint Sway the part that I love most about this is that had this been a different artist striking this deal with WalMart, then that windbag Henley would of been the first person throwing stones at them

but, of course, its ok for him to cut the deal

[Edited by Saint Sway]
25th October 2007 11:54 AM
BONOISLOVE This thread made me believe in God.
25th October 2007 12:00 PM
pdog It's an inside job, sucky music will save the planet, and keep Wal Mart green.
25th October 2007 12:13 PM
MrPleasant What's the story behind that guy's ears?
25th October 2007 12:16 PM
pdog
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
What's the story behind that guy's ears?

Behind his ears is where his boyfriend drives him while he goes down on him...
Bono type stuff....
25th October 2007 12:20 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
pdog wrote:

Behind his ears is where his boyfriend drives him while he goes down on him...
Bono type stuff....

I heard he's such a queer, he drinks AFTER having had sex with fags.
25th October 2007 12:35 PM
mojoman henley will save the world!!!
25th October 2007 12:43 PM
pdog Henley inspires crap bands to make crap music...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
25th October 2007 01:20 PM
oldkr don henley is fucking shit. end of.

OLDKR
25th October 2007 01:31 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
oldkr wrote:
don henley is fucking shit. end of.

OLDKR

Case in point:

25th October 2007 01:32 PM
Starbuck
quote:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Joey tribute artists?
25th October 2007 01:47 PM
Dan Eagles, Madonna, Paul McCartney, Nine Inch Nails, soon Aerosmith - established artists don't need record companies anymore. Deals like this along with Starbucks, Live Nation, Best Buy and whoever else can offer the performers a bigger piece of their own pie are going to become a lot more common in the future.
25th October 2007 01:52 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:
Eagles, Madonna, Paul McCartney, Nine Inch Nails, soon Aerosmith - established artists don't need record companies anymore. Deals like this along with Starbucks, Live Nation, Best Buy and whoever else can offer the performers a bigger piece of their own pie are going to become a lot more common in the future.

Rock and Roll and Latte's... They don't go together do they?
25th October 2007 02:12 PM
oldkr I always use my "mick stadium" voice when ordering my skinny decaf h'nut latte - don't you?

OLDKR
25th October 2007 04:36 PM
glencar "You would have thought we made a deal with the devil. We caught plenty of flak. Some of my environmental friends are a little upset because we made this deal. But on the other hand, I have a direct line now to the CEO of Wal-Mart. We're certainly making our feelings known in terms of ecological stewardship and some of the practices of big business that are undesirable and wasteful."

Whilst I can see people calling the Iggles "tacky" I fail to see all that much hypocrisy. Anyway, the sings'll suck but sell millions.
25th October 2007 04:50 PM
pdog
quote:
oldkr wrote:
I always use my "mick stadium" voice when ordering my skinny decaf h'nut latte - don't you?

OLDKR

i had a latte once, right before a doctors appt. It was weird, the doc said I was getting my period, and they were right!!!
Never again.
[Edited by pdog]
25th October 2007 04:56 PM
sirmoonie If anyone here buys that new Eagles album, I'm telling you now that we will find out about it.
25th October 2007 04:59 PM
gypsy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
If anyone here buys that new Eagles album, I'm telling you now that we will find out about it.

Hell, if anyone here even wears a henley, we'll find out about it.
25th October 2007 05:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

Joey tribute artists?

...................... Inexplicable Afro in the 1970's Sportin' .

25th October 2007 05:15 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
If anyone here buys that new Eagles album, I'm telling you now that we will find out about it.

I am seriously thinkin' of buying the new album .

I love Joe Walsh and Glenn Frey is growin' on me ....

...Is this a GOOD thing ?!

Discuss .................

H.R. Puffin Joe !™

25th October 2007 05:20 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I am seriously thinkin' of buying the new album .

I love Joe Walsh and Glenn Frey is growin' on me ....

...Is this a GOOD thing ?!

Discuss .................

H.R. Puffin Joe !™

Man, that is a funny post! You are on FIRE!
25th October 2007 05:22 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Man, that is a funny post! You are on FIRE!

That's right !!!!

*** insert ' thumbs up ' sign here **

Come to Joeykins .................
25th October 2007 05:34 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

That's right !!!!

*** insert ' thumbs up ' sign here **

Come to Joeykins .................

Yes! Can we lounge about on your futon and watch every episode of Miami Vice with Glenn Frey this weekend?
25th October 2007 05:35 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes! Can we lounge about on your futon and watch every episode of Miami Vice with Glenn Frey this weekend?

You Bet Your Sweet BIPPY !!!!!!!!

25th October 2007 05:38 PM
Gazza The antichrist of rock n roll meets the antichrist of big business.

They'll make a lovely couple. I await the arrival of their offspring with bated breath.
25th October 2007 05:39 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

You Bet Your Sweet BIPPY !!!!!!!!

You're the best! I'll even let you give me some diamonds. And by diamonds, I mean your sperm!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)