ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Tour is Over!
Hong Kong Harbour Fest, November 9, 2003 by Mike Clarke
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: keith arriving at hong kong Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-03-03 08:24 AM
Boomy He looks like one of those court jesters.

Maybe he's gonna do a dance for the PM of Hong Kong.
11-03-03 11:22 AM
luxury1 I cant see the image anymore for some reason, but I thought it was a Rasta tam thingy.
11-03-03 11:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I think Keith has maybe been a little eccentric for a while now, but christ, that thing on his head is ridiculous! Okay, who's going to contact the mental asylum?
Alex

"eccentric"??? I think the word is "Kool"
LOL. Well that's the advantage of being Kool...you get to wear ANY hat you want.
11-03-03 11:54 AM
mickchickxxx The hat might not be cool but Keith still is....
11-03-03 12:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mickchickxxx wrote:
The hat might not be cool but Keith still is....

Oh the hat IS kool. Keith's wearing it. Where can I buy one? Not that it would make ME kool. But....
11-03-03 12:23 PM
Boomy With the exception of that UNCOOL hat, Keith still knows how to style it up.

I like the blazer and the white shirt. He still has a sense of fashion when it comes to clothes, but the hat may have just been something someone threw up there.

I have no idea, but if that is a hat that he bought and he wears on occasion...I'd have to say "Nice hat, Keith" (sarcastically, of course).
11-03-03 01:10 PM
Martha I have no idea, but if that is a hat that he bought and he wears on occasion...I'd have to say "Nice hat, Keith" (sarcastically, of course).

Sarcastically? You gotta be shittin' me. You'd actually say something to Keef (about what he wears?) in a sarcastic tone if you had the opportunity to speak to him??????????

*blank stare*

No Kwan for you my rock and rollin' friend!
11-03-03 01:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Boomy wrote:
With the exception of that UNCOOL hat, Keith still knows how to style it up.

Why should "that hat" be any exception? I want one now. When I was a kid everyone wanted "Beatle Boots"....well they were uncomfortable. I learned very early not to suck for that shit....after I had suffered of course.
11-03-03 01:26 PM
Monkey Woman Reminds me of the Koan of the Master of Cool. The disciple goes to the master and asks of him: "O master, what's the coolest outfit to wear?" And the master answers: "Whatever I'm wearing today."
11-03-03 01:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
"Whatever I'm wearing today."

Yeah! That's it! You nailed it. (and they were making fun of Keith's hat...shame...)
11-03-03 02:00 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks, TTN!
But even for Keith, I feel the rasta hat with fake dreadlocks is pushing it. Maybe it's some sort of joke he's having at everyone's expense. Maybe he's trying to see how far he can go without being arrested!!!
11-03-03 02:04 PM
Boomy
quote:
Martha wrote:

Sarcastically? You gotta be shittin' me. You'd actually say something to Keef (about what he wears?) in a sarcastic tone if you had the opportunity to speak to him??????????

*blank stare*

No Kwan for you my rock and rollin' friend!

Well then, No Kwan for me. I'm gonna go and cry right now.

11-03-03 02:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Thanks, TTN!
But even for Keith, I feel the rasta hat with fake dreadlocks is pushing it. Maybe it's some sort of joke he's having at everyone's expense. Maybe he's trying to see how far he can go without being arrested!!!

Like he said once ........"shit happens". LOL. And strangly enough IT DOES.
11-03-03 02:56 PM
macawber people always ask me why i make fun of keith even though he's my favorite stone...

does anyone know the old fable of "the emperors new clothes"

keith isn't any of the hype building adjectives used to describe him.he's a 60 year old guy who seriously needs to go into rehab.
he's come unglued in the last few years but nobody seems to notice.anything he does is cool, cause its keith,right?
11-03-03 03:04 PM
jb That's exactly the problem macawber...no one, including jagger, can sit this guy down and tell him he is losing it.
11-03-03 03:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
macawber wrote:
....but nobody seems to notice.anything he does is cool, cause its keith,right?

Yes...that IS right. Kool like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder....ok? I mean you might think Jacko is cool.
11-03-03 03:13 PM
Miss U. Keith's bodyguard is a nice guy.
11-03-03 03:19 PM
macawber grab a dictionary junior,i want you to look up a word:

its spelled- s y c o p h a n t
11-03-03 05:34 PM
SirMuddy No problem with the hat...
I just imagine Keith answer to it all...
Cause he just don't give a damn it
Keith is living on "to be"
not on looking...
How he got that hat?
From one's of his wingless Angels?
(He was in Jamaica last week . ? .)
From one's of his grand children?
We don't see Keith without family those times
Except for Fishing =)
11-03-03 07:32 PM
macawber ten thousand motels wrote:

"that IS right,because kool,like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.you might think jacko is cool"

not really: getting your face altered so many times that your nose falls off and having odd relationships with small children-pretty much considered uncool everywhere in the known universe.

and to a lesser degree,also not cool:getting drunk and
a. telling ridiculous stories about muddy waters painting a ceiling.
b.saying you were gonna cancel a tour because the government gave mick an award
c.forgetting the chords to a song you've been playing for 30 years
d.comparing yourself to old blues singers-"those cats played till they dropped ,man" even though you can't stand your own lead singer and are only playing for the cash.
e.yelling at the audience for throwing things at the member of n'sync onstage next to you.
have another drink keith,you're THE MAN,the hat looks GREAT
11-03-03 08:48 PM
Joey " I keep telling joey not to put eyeline on. Does he listen?
No. "

Tele ..........................I decided to play my '94 WHO Video " 30 Years of Maximum R & B " yesterday and there is extensive footage of the band playing a gig in Chicago from December 1979 .

Ah , which hot looking babe in the audience was your girlfriend at the time ?!?!?! You know , the one Roger picked up on after the gig and was banging throughout the evening and into the next day ( thus holding up the soundcheck in Cincinnati until the last minute ) .

Developing ...........................................

Sniffing ................................................

" I smell Viet Cong Ronnie "

Jacky G. I. Joe !!!!!!!!

Page: 1 2