ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Ą Gracias Fernando !
Angel Stadium of Anaheim - Anahaeim, CA - 4th November 2005
Đ 2005 Fernando Aceves
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: sway - only once so far? Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 4th, 2005 04:12 PM
glencar I've lurked at IORR but frankly, the anti-American invective is a bit of a turn-off.
November 4th, 2005 04:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I've lurked at IORR but frankly, the anti-American invective is a bit of a turn-off.

a bit? there are just too many members over there with no class, and also, that site is usually where the annual bootleg screwing from Florida gets rolling as well. THere was also a post there linking to another bootleg site that downloaded spyware and other bad files onto your computer. The Moderator created a fantastic website, sadly, many of the quality posters have chosen here or Shidoobee.
November 4th, 2005 04:18 PM
Ronnie Richards I don't get it. Is Sway really less known than You Got Me Yawning (as Gazza correctly put it)?

Anyway there is no excuse for such conservative, boring setlists for a band like the Stones and their vast back catalouge of hits and classic album tracks.

And it doesn't HAVE to be like this - just look at springsteen's or dylan's setlists for their latest tours..
November 4th, 2005 04:19 PM
glencar The "bit" was a bit of a joke. I'm shocked that it goes on like it does. Except for France jokes, I rarely talk about other countries.
November 4th, 2005 04:20 PM
glencar
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
I don't get it. Is Sway really less known than You Got Me Yawning (as Gazza correctly put it)?

Anyway there is no excuse for such conservative, boring setlists for a band like the Stones and their vast back catalouge of hits and classic album tracks.

And it doesn't HAVE to be like this - just look at springsteen's or dylan's setlists for their latest tours..

I think YGNY is done because it's up tempo. I don't like it but even I find mindself doing that mindless fistpumping as Mick gets the crowd going.
November 4th, 2005 04:30 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
glencar wrote:

I think YGNY is done because it's up tempo. I don't like it but even I find mindself doing that mindless fistpumping as Mick gets the crowd going.

Well if it's up tempo they're after they should do Rip This Joint..
November 4th, 2005 04:34 PM
glencar Agreed!
November 4th, 2005 04:38 PM
voodoopug I remember walking out of the Dylan show this summer completely humiliated as I thought the show was awful. I am sure that the vast majority of the general public would do the same thing if they stones played Beggars Banquet and Tattoo You back to back and then left the stage while the we (die hard fans) would be posting things such as:

1. I will never forget this night
2. What a setlist
3. THe boys still have it.

and of course:

4. show was a bust, many empty seats, stones humiliated
5. Mick Taylor should have come back
6. What would George Bush think
7. You shall not be greeted
8. I have flank pain.
November 4th, 2005 04:57 PM
gimmekeef Well Pug..after that I'm now ready to start the week end!...Thanks for the chuckles!...Bring on the beer and Brusells!!!!!!!
November 4th, 2005 05:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

a bit? there are just too many members over there with no class, and also, that site is usually where the annual bootleg screwing from Florida gets rolling as well. THere was also a post there linking to another bootleg site that downloaded spyware and other bad files onto your computer. The Moderator created a fantastic website, sadly, many of the quality posters have chosen here or Shidoobee.

I think you'll find that this board and Shidoobee were going for sometime before IORR had a message board, although i get your point

I dont bother with the 'buy, sell and trade' section myself. Allowing the sale of bootlegs on your site only causes potential legal problems and its an open house for scam artists
November 4th, 2005 05:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think you'll find that this board and Shidoobee were going for sometime before IORR had a message board, although i get your point

I dont bother with the 'buy, sell and trade' section myself. Allowing the sale of bootlegs on your site only causes potential legal problems and its an open house for scam artists

i agree. I somehow found IORR before Shidoobee and RO which i found about the same time.
November 5th, 2005 07:12 AM
padre
quote:
marko wrote:
Well,thats really the way the "big" bands seems to stick
with.Pink Floyd never really changed their sets during tour,neither did Zep.I think Springsteen is the only one
who does that.
Black Sabbath never even bothered to do that,same goes to
Aerosmith,iron maiden,U2,,,,,,,donīt know why really?
All these big bands has BIG CATALOG where to choose from.
They only change couple of songs and thats it.Zep didnīt do
that either.....are they all prisons of their own music
or something like that.

So true. The same goes with AC/DC. I don't think they change one single song in the set during the tour. That may be the reason their playing is so damn tight...
November 5th, 2005 01:28 PM
Soldatti AC/DC never changed the set list during the last two tours, they played the same 23-25 songs all the nights.
Pink Floyd did the same setlist during their last two tours too.
November 5th, 2005 01:36 PM
Lil Brian I didn't really care for the new version of "19th Nervous Breakdown". I don't know, just too slow. Some of these songs they probably shouldn't play...
November 5th, 2005 01:44 PM
glencar I liked it when I heard it at MSG but I don't need to keep hearing it.
November 5th, 2005 07:09 PM
BILL PERKS THE LICKS TOUR SPOILED PUNTERS WITH THE CHANGING SETLISTS
November 5th, 2005 07:33 PM
Gazza I'd look at it another way, Bill

It shows what the band can be capable of - if they can raise the bar for that tour, why lower it for the next one?

Every band should be looking to improve - whether they achieve it or not is less important

And this comparison to AC/DC, led Zep etc is slightly missing the point.

being lauded as "the greatest rock n roll band in the world" is quite a billing to have to live up to. You dont keep that title by suddenly going backwards creatively

November 5th, 2005 07:35 PM
glencar And the ever-shrinking set list doesn't impress either.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)