ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Modern Times best record of 2006 Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd November 2006 12:46 PM
wisertime Cat Power's "The Greatest" is my favorite album of the year.
3rd November 2006 12:48 PM
Saint Sway "The Lost Crowes", son!
3rd November 2006 12:50 PM
ShaneJazz Best record of the year- Muse- Black Holes & Revelations

Honorable Mention-
Scissor Sisters- Ta Dah
Razorlight- Razorlight
3rd November 2006 12:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
ShaneJazz wrote:

Scissor Sisters- Ta Dah

RollingStonesUSA is that you?
3rd November 2006 12:53 PM
wisertime
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
"The Lost Crowes", son!

Yes I forgot this one but it's not a new record (and I only received the discs last week so I didn't really listened to it yet). The new album in 2007 should be a great one, I love the new tracks ("Cold Boy Smile", "Magic Rooster Blues", etc). My only hope in 2007 is to see them in Europe.
3rd November 2006 01:13 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Look: All I'm trying to say is that Dylan, unlike the Stones, is very pointedly trying not to sound like *anything* that's going on in rock music right now. Quite apart from what genre the songs fall into, "Modern Times," is an acutely self-conscious rejection of musical trends and modern recording techniques.

The Stones just made a record with no such conceit in mind.

I don't know how to make myself any clearer on this!

Okay, but what does that mean in the end for you? ABB is a good album and MT, because it's a rejection of musical trends, a bad album? I mean: what is your conclusion????
3rd November 2006 02:03 PM
polytoxic
quote:
pdog wrote:
Raconteurs Broken Boy Soldier...

I'll second that!
3rd November 2006 02:17 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Okay, but what does that mean in the end for you? ABB is a good album and MT, because it's a rejection of musical trends, a bad album? I mean: what is your conclusion????

I said earlier in the thread I thought MT was pretty good, but somewhat less so than "Love and Theft."
3rd November 2006 02:36 PM
Navin Ok, 'A Bigger Bang' is great, but it came out last year, in 2005 and therefore not eligible for "best record of 2006"

The only 2 new albums of this year (2006) I know about are 'Modern Times' by Bob Dylan and 'One Day It Will Please Us To Even Remember This' by The New York Dolls

Keeping ABB out, its hard to make a choice even among the other two.
3rd November 2006 07:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Navin...go get The Raconteurs "Broken Boy Soldier".

I like both the albums that you mentioned, but IMO, The Rac's album is better.
4th November 2006 12:33 AM
Spru The Raconteurs very well may have the album of the year, but I don't think anyone has mentioned Pearl Jam's self-titled album. That's got my vote for album of the year. I challenge anyone to find an album w/ more energy and harder rock in '06 than this masterpiece.
4th November 2006 05:33 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
wisertime wrote:
Cat Power's "The Greatest" is my favorite album of the year.

Agreed.
4th November 2006 05:48 AM
lotsajizz Raconteurs & Hank 3's Straight To Hell
[Edited by lotsajizz]
4th November 2006 06:23 AM
Jumacfly Raconteurs , Stadium Arcadium and...buried alive
4th November 2006 09:15 AM
Bitch Dylan's Modern Times is not modern at all, so the title is like Dylan himself, ironic. The lyrics subtly poke fun at the world and at himself. my mule is sick, my horse is blind The lyrics are layered with double meanings and the tunes get better as you hear them over and over. I think it could win.
4th November 2006 10:38 AM
Sir Stonesalot Win what?

I didn't know this was a contest.

I thought it was just a question...like, what do you think the best album of 2006 is?

Are we talking about the Grammy Awards or something silly like that? Because if we are...I don't think The Rac's will even get nominated...at least not for Album of the Year...maybe Rock Album or some such nonsense. Dylan has a shot though...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)