ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OAKLAND DATE MOVED TO NOV. 6 Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st October 2006 01:31 PM
SweetVirginia ...along with other changes. (see screenshot)

31st October 2006 01:38 PM
scope There you go PDog, now you should be able to return your Oakland tickets too. What a disaster this has turned into.

And the reason for cancelling Honolulu? Couldn't sell 40,000 tix, eh?
31st October 2006 01:40 PM
SweetVirginia Yay! Refund for pdog!

On that screen shot they say LA is also Nov. 25 rescheduled from Nov. 3. But Nov. 3 used to be Vancouver, didn't it?

These guys suck.

31st October 2006 01:40 PM
scope they skipped Geography class or cut & paste 101
31st October 2006 01:42 PM
Poplar What time would they usually take the stage?
i don't know if i can get there in time.

Fuck. My plans have gone from 3 shows to 1. Fucking great.

[Edited by Poplar]
31st October 2006 02:29 PM
gimmekeef Assclowns cant get it right...they have LA down instead of Vancouver for Nov 25th..geeeeeeeeeshhh...give it up already
31st October 2006 02:50 PM
pdog YAY...
Refund!
I must call TM...
Thank you Jesus!
Fuck you Cohl!
Get better Mick, you need to make a movie! This ain't rock and roll, it's genocide!
31st October 2006 02:51 PM
glencar Suicide, more like.
31st October 2006 02:52 PM
Poplar
If I could get out of Vegas - I'd do that too.
It truly feels over now. I'm just sick.

31st October 2006 02:53 PM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

If I could get out of Vegas - I'd do that too.
It truly feels over now. I'm just sick.

I know the feeling, now I'm happy!
31st October 2006 02:55 PM
Dan I am not pulling the plug on my friend Sam if he still needs a place to stay for the show. If not, I will probably just head up to my mom's the day before. If they decide they might want to play LA on the 25th instead, I can probably do it.
31st October 2006 03:19 PM
Poplar One simple question for the Stones: Why not reschedule for another weekend?

People look at concert dates and the most important factor is generally day of the week. You move a Sunday show to a Monday and a lot of people simply cannot do it. Sadly, that's the case for me. Any other weekend date and I'd gladly go to the rescheduled show with a big smile on my face. Now, I'll be refunding my tickets as close to the date as possible to ensure two MORE empty seats in that stadium. That way - I'll be there in spirit, with my middle finger up in the air.
31st October 2006 11:00 PM
Poplar
I swear ... this shit.
31st October 2006 11:04 PM
pdog I was very quick to refund. i like your motives, mine was sending a message, I like yours better!
I was looking forward to meeting you... Stones fuck up alot of stuff, and the greets are the biggest casualty!
31st October 2006 11:05 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Poplar wrote:

I swear ... this shit.

I know, Poplar...I know...
31st October 2006 11:32 PM
Poplar Highly unlikely - but I've asked for the ability to skip out of work early monday for the drive to Oakland. I planned on taking a girl who has never sen the band. we were SOOO pumped. Again - what time do stadium shows generally start?

90% chance I'll be getting a refund. Should know by tomorrow afternoon.

ps - Vegas is still on for me. LA is a total loss.

[Edited by Poplar]
31st October 2006 11:34 PM
mac_daddy so this could be a slip of too much info from the rs.com people..? could this mean they are ditching vancouver to play a theater in los angeles..? maybe scorsese wants one more gig - in addition to the two in nyc)..?

31st October 2006 11:36 PM
Poplar
Saw the departed a few weekends ago. Scorcese has lost his touch.
By his standards - that film was average at best. The way they chopped up Gimmie Shelter made me think the reels had been asembled incorrectly.

Fuck him too. Fuck everybody.

1st November 2006 12:41 AM
Poplar
I've calmed down now.
1st November 2006 12:45 AM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:
Highly unlikely - but I've asked for the ability to skip out of work early monday for the drive to Oakland. I planned on taking a girl who has never sen the band. we were SOOO pumped. Again - what time do stadium shows generally start?

90% chance I'll be getting a refund. Should know by tomorrow afternoon.

ps - Vegas is still on for me. LA is a total loss.

[Edited by Poplar]

You're in LA right? From the grapvine to Oakland you can do in 5 hours tops, that's doing the speed limit... Show should start sometime after 9 PM (Stones) usually about 9:25 here for some reason. This fucks up your job... I know the feeling. The sunday show actually fucked me up, this new day is not only securiong my refund, but also allowing me an easier day to go, and time to work the lot for tickets.
1st November 2006 12:53 AM
Poplar pm
2nd November 2006 07:12 PM
Promo So I'm watching Seinfeld last night at 11PM on channel 2 (Oakland Fox Affiliate) and a commercial for the Oakland show comes on...and it's like...blah blah blah..tix still available..etc. Then they put up the NOV 5 date.

At least spend $ to fix the ad.
LOL
2nd November 2006 09:17 PM
Gimme Shelter The e-mail I just got from TM said the show starts at 6:45pm. That's probally when Van Morrison comes out, but that still is early.
2nd November 2006 10:05 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
so this could be a slip of too much info from the rs.com people..? could this mean they are ditching vancouver to play a theater in los angeles..? maybe scorsese wants one more gig - in addition to the two in nyc)..?

Ditching shows for an over-edited dvd? And I thought they were all about live gigs.

First Edmonton and now possibly Vancouver..? Don't bother releasing the dvd out west...
2nd November 2006 10:05 PM
Poplar
the Nov. 5 show as also 6:45.
Sucks for me - I'll be getting off work at 6, with at least a 1:30 drive ahead of me.
this is gonna be close, and stressfull. 2 things a rock show shouldn't be.
2nd November 2006 10:36 PM
pdog Either van Morrison is playing a full set, which is possible or there's three bands... Maybe The Stones will go on a little early, but not before 9 PM... So you have 3 hours at least to get here, so don't stress it.
2nd November 2006 10:54 PM
Altamont
quote:
pdog wrote:
Either van Morrison is playing a full set, which is possible or there's three bands... Maybe The Stones will go on a little early, but not before 9 PM... So you have 3 hours at least to get here, so don't stress it.

Between 8:50 and 9:20 I would reckon. No sooner.
2nd November 2006 10:56 PM
sweetcharmedlife Now that it is on weeknight, with the notoriously bad bay area traffic. You ave to figure either Van comes on late, or there will be a lot of empty seats for his set. Which is a shame. He is one of the few people I have never seen live. I hope I make it in time to see him.
2nd November 2006 11:01 PM
pdog Getting into Oakland won't be bad from Sacto after 6PM... If there was a traffic issue, there's alot of alt. routes too...
I'd love to see Van, in a club, not in a stadium. The Stones do the big production thingy... Poor Van is left out to dry, even if it rains...
I'm sure he's got so local gig... I just haven't checked!
2nd November 2006 11:14 PM
Poplar
yeah - the more i think (and scheme) I'm thinking we'll have time for a beer before entering the place. I'll call and get your exact coordinates on the way down.

as the bitterness passes, I'm starting to get psyched again. I know that drive will be exciting, like old times - getting out of class to race to a show, kicking the stereo, getting nice and "ready."

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)