ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Buy contest to attend Stones premiere Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-18-03 02:36 PM
glencar LOL Do you believe that thought crossed my mind? Scary. Keno said the guy is gone.
10-18-03 02:38 PM
nankerphelge I'm sure of that!!
10-18-03 02:39 PM
LadyJane Okay...one of you enlighten me please...wacko poster???

LadyJ.
10-18-03 02:41 PM
glencar The Storm was a nutjob who used to try to fix polls at Gas3X just because he wanted to prove the superiority of his pet album. He went overboard once or twice (as did I) but apparently, he stopped liking the Stones. He had real issues with Mick and the direction of the band.
10-18-03 02:43 PM
nankerphelge Two whacko posters -- the guy that huffed gas and other household inhalants -- I think he is dead!

and a guy named Storm, or Sucked Jugular -- he had a couple of names. glencar and he were not the closest, warmest buddies!! I didn't care for him either. He had to leave Keno's board after he rigged some poll.
10-18-03 02:45 PM
LadyJane "Stopped liking the Stones"

Say no more...must be a total lunatic.

LadyJ.

Man...what I've missed by my late entry into cyberspace!!
[Edited by LadyJane]
10-18-03 02:51 PM
glencar I have a friend in Kansas who stopped following the Stones because she couldn't afford the high tix prices. But she never stopped loving them. I guess you could grow out of something but it does seem bizarre in regards to the Stones.
10-18-03 02:52 PM
glencar LOL nanker, he & I started off on the wrong foot & never got on the right one. I did try once but he was having no part of it. Grudges are bad things.
10-18-03 02:52 PM
LadyJane You're almost at 1000 posts glencar!!!

And Joey and Josh aren't around to see it!!

LadyJ.
10-18-03 02:54 PM
glencar This is it LJ! Unfortunately, I'll be away this upcoming week so my prodigious production will not continue. Damn it all!
10-18-03 03:06 PM
LadyJane Congrats, glencar!!

LadyJ.
10-19-03 06:44 AM
caro
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
But I dont see anywhere in all the Rules mumbo-jumbo anything about any of the Stones being at the premiere. Does anyone know if the Stones are behind this, or just Best Buy??
I am trying to figure out what to wear.

According to Le Club des Stones -www.sympathyforthedevils.com - the Stones will hold a press conference in NYC that day. So they're more than likely to be at the premiere.
However, if you want to go the safer way, crash the conference before crashing the premiere. It does take some training to aim the head of a security guard with those tiny DVD packages.

(not the right info here, see correction below. sorry...)
[Edited by caro]
10-19-03 10:28 AM
LadyJane
quote:
caro wrote:

According to Le Club des Stones -www.sympathyforthedevils.com - the Stones will hold a press conference in NYC that day. So they're more than likely to be at the premiere.

That seals the deal for me. I can be in NYC by air in less than 1 hour. Who's with me???

LadyJ.
10-19-03 10:31 AM
steel driving hammer Remember in the Being Mick DVD when he entered on the red carpet for a world premier of a film then he snuck out the back door and watched it from is comfort of his hotel room.

Can't Be Seen...
10-20-03 06:50 AM
luxury1 Ohhhh, Lady Jane,

i am emailing you. I think we should do this. Middle of the week, still nice weather. Get your ass on that plane, I will pick you up at the airport.
10-20-03 08:44 AM
luxury1 OK, so who can tell me when/where and what time will the press conference and premiere be taking place??
I've lost Mick's number.
10-20-03 09:28 AM
caro oops...I translated/understood wrong : they will be in NYC, but only for the screening of some extracts from the DVD, so no mention of a press conference before or after the premiere. Sorry about that !
10-20-03 12:47 PM
Fiji Joe I think I should go with whoever wins...look at my new svelt and ripped body...I spent 4 months on the Atkins diet and am ready to drink some beer
10-20-03 03:08 PM
Joey " I think I should go with whoever wins...look at my new svelt and ripped body...I spent 4 months on the Atkins diet and am ready to drink some beer .... "

Damn I miss thems Beer Titties of yours .

" That was Goooooooood Ronnie "

Skee!

10-22-03 09:32 AM
luxury1 OK, if anyone here wins something from this contest, you better post it pronto. I am such a retard that for the last two days I keep jumping outta my skin every time the phone rings. You know, it's just gotta be the Best Buy people......
10-23-03 07:26 AM
caro OK, so who's really going to NYC, now? And if you're going, wouldn't it be a great idea to take your camera with you? (hint)

Stones to Party in New York
Wed Oct 22, 6:27 PM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo! By Carla Hay

NEW YORK (Billboard) - The Rolling Stones and Best Buy are throwing a party Oct. 29 in New York to celebrate the release of the band's four-DVD set "Four Flicks," which the retail giant is selling exclusively for four months.

The DVD release party will be held at Capitale, a nightclub/restaurant in New York's Chinatown neighborhood. The Rolling Stones and other celebrities will be in attendance.

"Four Flicks" -- which Stones tour promoter Michael Cohl's TGA Entertainment will release Nov. 10 in Europe and Nov. 11 in the U.S. and Canada -- has over five hours of mostly previously unreleased footage from the band's 2002-2003 Licks world tour. The DVD set will sell at a U.S. retail price of $29.99.

A sneak preview of "Four Flicks" is on Best Buy's "Coming Attractions" free promotional DVD, which is being given away this month to Best Buy customers who purchase any CD, DVD or video game.

Reuters/Billboard

[Edited by caro]
10-23-03 07:47 AM
Jumacfly if I win i take you all....
10-23-03 07:51 AM
caro that's nice, Ju!
But do you think they will let you through at the airport with 20 of those big white things like in your avatar lined up inside your suitcase?
10-23-03 08:07 AM
Jumacfly good point Caro....that s not a problem, i m like Obelix I felt into it when i was young!!!!
anyway what s up in Paris??
here in montpellier EVERYTHING IS OK....
10-23-03 08:17 AM
caro
But what gift will you bring to your fellow ROffers then? You can't bring wine because it costs taxes, and if you take cheese with you, the...uh, vitamines won't survive the flight.
oh, in Paris it's raining, as usual
10-23-03 08:45 AM
LadyJane When the Hell is Best Buy going to call me to tell me I won??!!

Seriously....has anyone heard anything about the results of the contest??

LadyJ.
10-23-03 09:06 AM
nankerphelge Well, now that you mention it, I used the "contact us" link on the BestBuy site yesterday to see if/when a winner will be selected. Here's the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting Best Buy about your promotion inquiry. I'm Stephen with Customer Care.

We'd be happy to help you with your promotion question, however, this level of support is beyond our capabilities to service via e-mail. If you are not able to find the answers you need on our Web site, we recommend you contact a Best Buy retail store to speak with one of our sales associates. For the phone number of the Best Buy store nearest you, please visit our Store Locator at http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12090&type=page&isCarFi=null

Were you aware that BestBuy.com is currently offering free shipping on all products? Free shipping can really save you money on those online purchases you're interested.

We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes from Best Buy,
Stephen and the Customer Care Team"
-----

I was amazed! The level of support is beyond their capabilities??? What a bunch of chimps!

Okay, so I fire back this:

"Thanks for responding.
I checked the BestBuy website, but all of the links to the Official Rules are dead.
I highly doubt your retail stores know anything about it as it was a web-based sweepstakes.
Thanks anyway"

------------

I got this back:

"We appreciate your concern about the draw for the Stones 4 Flicks Premier sweepstakes.

If there is no information regarding this promotion on the web site, that means we are not currently doing those sweepstakes.

Thank you for sharing your comments with Best Buy. Please do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes from Best Buy,
Stephen and the Customer Care Team"

----

Frustrated, I sent the following:

"I hate to be a jerk -- but the sweepstakes closed three days ago and the premier is next week -- what do you mean you are not currently doing the sweepstakes?? Are you guys on drugs or something? Get with the freakin program! At some point between last Sunday and next week (the 29th), someone has to win YOUR contest. Either there has not yet been a drawing (in which case, I am trying to figure out when it will be) or you have already picked a winner (in which case I am trying to figure out if it is me).

How can you guys not know your own website/contests??"

---------

Stephen and the Customer Care team (of chimps) have yet to respond!!

10-23-03 09:08 AM
Jumacfly Caro: bringing you in my bags would be a great present to my RO brothers!!!

cheers
ju
10-23-03 09:25 AM
luxury1 Nice work Nanky, and thanks for sharing.
I always get way too worked up regarding the Stones and contests. I remember in '75 you could send in postcards to win tickets, and I filled out 1,000 of those things, and hand-decorated them with the Stones Lick. I dont think I got any homework done that week.
and no tickets either.
10-23-03 09:43 AM
caro Ju, did you read that story of a guy who sent himself to his parents via air-mail, so he wouldn't have to pay for a plane ticket? He was delivered to his parent's house in a big wooden box, and the mailman freaked out when he saw the package start to knock and shake. The guy came out of it, smiling like a retard cos he was so glad he was still alive, and rushed towards his parents' bathroom without saying a word.

Nanky, how will you make up for your last answer, if the next e-mail you get is "Dear customer, I just checked with Mr.Buy himself. You won. Stephen." ?
Page: 1 2 3 4