ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1988 Timothy White
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Buy contest to attend Stones premiere Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-23-03 10:30 AM
Jumacfly Nanky what a pity...it reminds me the ticketbastards guys when we had to buy our ticket via the web and we had no answers...what a mess man!!
10-23-03 10:40 AM
nankerphelge It is incredible really.

I have had nothing but really bad experiences with Best Buy -- I am amazed that they are still in business.

But when they told me that they were not doing that sweepstakes, the old Rocks Off ***Blank Stare*** set in!!

Stephen with Customer Care!!!

How'd they pack so much dumb into such a little head??
10-23-03 11:28 AM
Jumacfly i dont know who is he but he deserves the price of the "dumb of the week"!!!

good luck Nanky...and let us know about this fourth dimension story....may be you should call Dana Scully or fox mulder hu??
10-24-03 10:23 AM
LadyJane Okay...I'm getting really pissed!!

WTF is up with these idiots? I've taken to listening to the local hard rock station to try to win tickets to the premiere!

Nanky...any phone numbers anywhere on that webpage? I'll call and report back.

LadyJ.
10-24-03 10:27 AM
nankerphelge 888-BESTBUY (How clever!)
Stephen probably came up with it!
He's a sharp fellow!

10-24-03 10:50 AM
LadyJane I guess we better forget about this moronic contest!! I've been transferred 8 times and am now holding for a supervisor. Not one individual knows ANYTHING about a contest!!

Okay...all you legal eagles....any advice what to say to the Supervisor??

LadyJ.
10-24-03 10:51 AM
nankerphelge Yeah:

"I'm having this subpoena sworn out and I want to make sure I've spelled you name correctly..."
10-24-03 10:58 AM
LadyJane Ready for this...Final answer.."Just keep checking the site. The winners will be announced, but no one knows when."

Her name was Beverly. Wouldn't give me her last name. Go figure!!

I DON'T LIKE TO GET THE RUN-AROUND!!!

I blasted her...and she acted like I was some kind of lunatic!!!

LadyJ.
10-24-03 11:47 AM
jb Nanker, I too despise Best Buy...here in Boca it is run by teenage kids who have to be the most non-helpful idiots zI have ever encountered...always trying to push those extended warranties on you which never cover anything when you need it...
10-24-03 12:03 PM
Joey

I once had a " Best Buy " Apartment !!!!!!!!!!!!

I once drove a Chrysler !

I once Watched from the darkness while they danced !

I once stalked the dread moray eel !

I once bribed the local boys to spend a quarter !

I once shined the silver bowl !

I once had Szechuan dumplings at Mr. Chows !

I once made Celluloid bikers Friday's theme !

I once met Dr. Warren Kruger !

I once ..........................******** THE MEN IN THEIR WHITE LAB COATS HAVE ARRIVED AND ARE NOW PICKING UP YOUNG JACKY FROM HIS DESK AND TAKING HIM AWAY FOR HIS DAILY " SHOCK THERAPY " TREATMENTS *************** .............

******************** END TRANSMISSION *********************

Skee !

10-26-03 09:35 AM
nankerphelge I think we should bring a class-action suit against BestBuy for fraud, false advertising, gross stupidity, various Lanham Act violations, deceptive trade practices, intentional infliction of emotional distress, RICO violations, conspiracy, and sodomy (for poking us all up the ass)!

We will agree to dismiss the suit voluntarily if they send us all to the premier.

We might also have a claim under the Americans With Disabilities Act since we have Joey! There damn well better be a section for Tardrite wearers!
10-26-03 10:18 AM
Sir Stonesalot OK, time to share my moronic Best Buy story. Well, just the latest in a long line of moronic Best Buy stories.

So Best Buy advertises a "Best Buy Exclusive" in the local paper...buy the Paul Westerburg "Come Feel Me Tremble" CD and the "only available at Best Buy" "Come Feel Me Tremble" DVD...both for just $20.00. So I hit the Best Buy in Harrisburg. They have exactlty 2 copies of the CD and NONE of the DVD. Now, having dealt with the morons at Best Buy before, I went prepared. I had the sale flyer with me. I showed it to the knucklehead that was working in the music section. He said, and I quote, "Hunh, that's weird. We usually have stuff that gets advertised as Exclusives. Lemme check and see what is up with this." So the Ass. Manager, Chad, comes over. He looks at the ad, and walks over to a computer. He fucks around for a few minutes and says..."Well, we are supposed to have this, but I don't think we do. The computer says we have it, but it's not where it is supposed to be. I don't think we got our shipment." So he offers me a raincheck. I says to him, "Chad, I just drove for an hour and ten minutes to get here, could you be a pal and actually try looking for these discs? If it shows up in your inventory I'm thinking it's probably in the store somewhere...if you don't want to look, just give me some hints where it might be." Chad says, "No man, I don't think we got it in, best I can do is give you a raincheck." So, I hand the guy the 3 other CDs that I'm holding, say "Thanks", and walk out the door.

The next day I'm in State College, I walk into Best Buy, they have a big display with the Westerburg CD and DVD right in the front of the music section. A tale of 2 stores.
10-26-03 02:00 PM
gypsy Chad is such a dick.
10-26-03 03:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot Actually...I think it's more like dickLESS.
10-26-03 03:17 PM
glencar One time I went to a BestBuy before it actually opened & the staff was having some weirdo meeting where they all did a big cheer at the end. It was an "Up-With-People" vibe. I've read elsewhere that they're a horrible place to buy appliances at. I only buy things that I can carry out of the place.
10-26-03 05:58 PM
gypsy Chad's always been cool to me. Maybe YOU were the one with the attitude.
10-26-03 06:38 PM
nankerphelge I have a number of BestBuy stories too.

The best was my old CD player -- a Pioneer with the ejectable cassete that holds 6 discs. So it goes beserk and I have to get it fixed. I take it to BestBuy and they tell me it'll be done in a week or so.

About 3 weeks goes by and no BestBuy call. So I swing by the store and the guy looks around. And he comes back and tells me (I'm not making this up) -- he sold it!

I asked him, how does a retail store sell a 4 year old used system? He doesn't know, but says he'll replace it. This is where it got fun.

We go to the CD player section and there are two Pioneer systems -- one has a few less bells & whistles as mine had -- the other is loaded. So he offers me the cheaper one and I start complaining that it doesn't have the instamessagelightamagooger or the remotetimersleepamixumba!!

So he says he'll give me the higher-priced model!!

Then I says to him, I says, "you know, I kinda never liked the Pioneer system anyhow -- I would prefer a carousel Sony instead. So I point to the Sony next to the loaded Pioneer which was very nice!! He reluctantly agrees to give me the Sony because, after all, he sold my used player and what's the difference really whether my replacement is a Sony or a Pioneer as long as it is roughly the same price!!

The insult came when I told him the Sony was $40 cheaper, and so I should get the difference. He was ripping pissed, but just wanted me out -- so he gave me the $40 in cash!

So I got a brand new CD player and $40 cash!

What a great country!
10-26-03 06:41 PM
glencar I want you to come with me next time I go car-shopping.
10-27-03 08:25 AM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy...OF COURSE Chad was cool to you. You have Titties!

Sadly, all I have to offer is my bald head. While it does have tit-like qualities...it just isn't the same.

Attitude? Me?

Har har har.
10-27-03 09:17 AM
Factory Girl I too have Best Buy Horror stories.
10-27-03 09:31 AM
Sir Stonesalot I better not have a new Best Buy story to tell on Nov. 11th!!!
10-27-03 04:07 PM
gypsy I hope you don't either...cuz then we'll all have to boycott Best Buy.
10-28-03 12:39 AM
Sir Stonesalot Damn straight Sistah!

Stick it to the man!
10-28-03 04:56 AM
luxury1 So--any word on the winner/winners?
10-28-03 02:42 PM
gypsy No. I think Jake may have won...but he's not telling anyone.
10-28-03 02:47 PM
Boomy Never had a bad moment at Best Buy.

I have friends that work at two of them where I live...unfortunately, it's hard for them to hook me up.

Also, the hot females at a Best Buy I frequent makes it all that more special.

Now listen up you lazy sacks a S#%T!!! Either "Get UP!! GET OUT!! Into Something New" or I'll run your asses until you cry for your mommies!!!"
10-28-03 02:50 PM
gypsy I bet you hang out with Chad.
10-28-03 02:52 PM
Boomy I know a guy named Chad, but he does not work at Best Buy

Chadwick!
10-28-03 03:29 PM
nankerphelge Okay kiddies -- I just got a call from the company that handled the sweepstakes for Best Buy -- Young Americans.

The drawing was today.
The winner of the grand prize has been contacted -- it was not me!
If you were the winner, you were contacted today via an affidavit.
There were 15 other prize winners -- DVDs and such -- they will be sent their prize.

10-28-03 03:30 PM
glencar If I win, I'll take you Nanky. You've been a very good poster lately.
Page: 1 2 3 4