ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Pauline!
Thanks thejuf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Keith losing his cool? Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 21st, 2005 09:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Being the coolest rock star ever must have it's downside. It's kind of like being the fastest gun in the west.
October 21st, 2005 10:03 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Being the coolest rock star ever must have it's downside. It's kind of like being the fastest gun in the west.

Being cool is not the matter of physical appereance - I've seen Miles Davis few months before he starved on AIDS, but he was indeed the coolest human being, you may believe me.

Keith is an exciting person and the most gifted artist too, even the way he is aging is really dignified.

Wasn't he all the time exactly the opposite of the wigged, lifted and phony Mick?
October 21st, 2005 10:27 AM
blackandblue Next question please. This one has been posed at least a hundred times now.
October 21st, 2005 10:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
This one has been posed at least a hundred times now.

Art is multi-dimentional. No?
October 21st, 2005 10:36 AM
gimmekeef Specific answer to question: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
October 21st, 2005 10:42 AM
Scottfree
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Being the coolest rock star ever must have it's downside. It's kind of like being the fastest gun in the west.

The east had faster gunmen, and still do.....
October 21st, 2005 12:33 PM
The Porkchop Express

the fuck?!

October 21st, 2005 02:50 PM
ListenToTheLion The man who has started this thread is losing his cool
[Edited by ListenToTheLion]
October 21st, 2005 04:11 PM
keefkid
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

You funny jaggernut girl you!

I know exactly why you girls like Mick more - it's the bigger bag! - but should you really hate me that much just because I like Keef more?

Honey, you should notice that I don't need the sh!t of a bitch - you'd better remove the Jagger-logos from your chest for a while, I want to see the world

hey there I am a chick and a keef fan but no one hates you because of that dear....and even though I am a keef fan first I dont go around slagging MJ ... ever think maybe that's the problem??

MICK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 21st, 2005 05:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
The man who has started this thread is losing his cool

October 21st, 2005 05:28 PM
Saint Sway we'd all be blessed just to have even a speck of whatever cool Keef's supposedly lost

[Edited by Saint Sway]
October 21st, 2005 05:35 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
keefkid wrote:

hey there I am a chick and a keef fan but no one hates you because of that dear....and even though I am a keef fan first I dont go around slagging MJ ... ever think maybe that's the problem??

MICK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright,

Mick rocks, but Keef rules, remember that!
October 21st, 2005 06:09 PM
Neocon Keith repeats himself over and over again, it's a bit sad, but it's also funny as hell in the Uncut interview. He's got no mercy on Mick. I'm a huge Keith fan. Mick doesn't repeat himself as much, but he's not too funny and he has all those insecurities that come through. There both nut's, and that's what 40 years of VD, fame and endless money can do.
October 21st, 2005 07:31 PM
Soldatti Keith is the king of cool.
October 21st, 2005 09:47 PM
The Porkchop Express Keith hasn't been cool since the Parson days/Taylor era
October 21st, 2005 10:00 PM
Soldatti
quote:
The Porkchop Express wrote:
Keith hasn't been cool since the Parson days/Taylor era

Where've you been during the '81-82 tour?
October 21st, 2005 10:06 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Keith is the king of cool.

yes, he is ,but he needs to change his set. ´Can´t be seen´´ ,you got the silver´´and ´little T&A´´ please!!
October 21st, 2005 11:47 PM
kath yeah or

slippin away
nearness of you
thru and thru
October 21st, 2005 11:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
yeah or

slippin away
nearness of you
thru and thru

Yeah, that would be a great set. I liked it better though when it was called "The Licks Tour"

you will still be greeted with a handshake and came join me as I work the room
October 22nd, 2005 12:09 AM
The Porkchop Express
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Where've you been during the '81-82 tour?

no Jimmy Miller? Ron Wood lead guitar?! HAW HAW
October 22nd, 2005 12:19 AM
voodoopug
quote:

October 22nd, 2005 12:21 AM
Riffhard
quote:

So I take it that you think that Some Girls sucks as well? Tatoo You?

Jimmy Miller?!?!?! The guy went fucking nuts dude? He was carving swastikas on the console during the GS sessions. He lost his fucking mind. Taylor got fat and quit. Brian beat his girlfriends and alienated everyone he knew. Then he died.

It's time you joined us here in the 21st century.

Riffhard
October 22nd, 2005 12:59 PM
The Porkchop Express
yep, absolutely

Jimmy Miller: the crazier, the better

no: Taylor got picked on and treated like shit near the end, didn't get his song writing credits and then quit....good for him. oh my god...Taylor's struggled with his weight at times. meanwhile Keith has become a bad charicature of himself: a decrepit old ex-junkie/alcoholic. I miss the ol' buccaneer outlaw from the early 70s, who was joined at the hip with Parsons, wrote great music and still said decent things about past and present bandmates.

no: Brian got picked on, treated like shit, lost his girl, band and music/didn't get his song writing credits. and he only beat Anita....but she also fought back and broke his hand. he had a harsh, loveless upbringing: it's no excuse for his appalling treatment of her, but helps to understand his troubles. alienated everyone he knew? that's funny, seeing as the Beatles, Hendrix, Dylan, Steve Marriot, Alexis Korner, Howlin' Wolf, Pete Townshend etc. etc. all really liked and admired him.

"I always used to see Brian in the clubs and hang out with
him in the mid-sixties. He used to come out to my house
- particularly when he'd got the fear, when he'd mixed
too many wierd things together. I'd hear his voice shouting
to me from out in the garden, 'George, George'. I'd let him in. He was a good mate.

He would always come round my house in the sitar period.
We talked about 'Paint it Black' and he picked up my sitar
and tried to play it - and the next thing he did was that track.

We had a lot in common when I think about it. We shared the same date of birth, or nearly, so he must have been a pieces as well. We also shared positions in the most prominent bands in the universe, him with Mick and Keith, and me with Paul and John. I think he related to me a lot and I liked him. Some people diidn't have time for him but I thought he was one of the most interesting ones."
- Beatles Anthology p. 203

"When I met him I liked him quite alot. He was a good fellow you know. I got to know him very well, I think, and I felt very close to him: you know how it is with some people, you feel for them, feel near to them.

He was born on February 28, 1943, and I was born on February 25, 1943, and he was with Mick and Keith, and I was with John and Paul in the groups, so there was a
sort of understanding between the two of us. The positions were similar, and I often seemed to meet him in his times of trouble. There was nothing the matter with him that a little extra love wouldn't have cured. I don't think he had enough love or understanding. He was very nice and sincere and sensitive, and we must remember that's what he was."
- asked his reaction to Brian's death, newspaper report 1969.

join you in the 21st century? what, with the Rolling Bones? no thanks, there's tons of other great bands out there

anyways, I love early 70s Keith

rant over
October 22nd, 2005 02:14 PM
Dick Bush
quote:

Porky,

Why so angry about Keef?

I mean, I can't stand that hyperactive, soulless but eficient egomaniac, but think a little about the poor Keef, who had to deal his whole life with him! Wasn't that the coolest thing ever? Some fifty years ago, he must have given up the senseless arguing with him, was that a really bad decision for him?

Excuse me, but what in the whole world has Keef to do with Brian's booting, and don't you think you have somehow too idealized imagine of him? You've probably read Bill's book, why would Bill lie about Brian so bad?

Brian & Taylor issues - these troubles were solved by the cheef doorman, without Keef's contribution at all, you'd better believe it.

October 22nd, 2005 08:35 PM
Neocon I was wrong, it was not Uncut Magazine, but Q Magazine that has a great interview with Keith. Keith doesn't have to spend his life with, Mick, yea it's probably annoying but the money and comic material Mick supplies for Keith is substantial.
October 23rd, 2005 12:47 AM
texile
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

Keith is an exciting person and the most gifted artist too, even the way he is aging is really dignified.

Wasn't he all the time exactly the opposite of the wigged, lifted and phony Mick?

BALLS, dick!
mick doesn't go around slagging keith - in fact he's NEVER slagged keef publically...
and don't think for a minute that keef is NOT performing...
he's the mama's boy who became a famous rock star and than everyone took care of him - he's no more a badass than mick.....at least mick keeps his mouth shut.
October 23rd, 2005 10:35 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
texile wrote:

BALLS, dick!
mick doesn't go around slagging keith - in fact he's NEVER slagged keef publically...
and don't think for a minute that keef is NOT performing...
he's the mama's boy who became a famous rock star and than everyone took care of him - he's no more a badass than mick.....at least mick keeps his mouth shut.

It's the cruel, dishones world we're living in... I just can't imagine the shy Keef turning into the huge one without Mick's "dirty work". They have perfectly complemented each other, without any doubt.
October 23rd, 2005 11:22 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

Keith isn't close to loosing his cool, but many of his rabid supporters are! Keith admirers slagging Mick and giving heed to the silliest rumors (wig, indeed...) don't do much for their idol. Especially this tour, where the Glimmer Twins have been more appreciative and warmer to each other than ever. You can't have the Stones without either one of them, and that's that.
October 23rd, 2005 02:19 PM
Neocon Mick's criticism of Keith has been less funny and more subtle. Usually his crticism is around how keith is musically conservative and as Keith gets older Keith gets more conservative...... Stuff along those lines, nothing like the remarks in Q magazine about Mick's "Tiny Cock and huge balls" "Mick wears hic cock on the end of his nose and it's tiny, ask Marianne Faitful or any of our women." Not to mention acting out holding a knife to Ronnie's throat saying "Not now cunt." His band mates must love it.

You wonder when Mick and Keith talk about writing of stuff knee to knee for the album and being close...... What the hell happened once the album was completed. Yea, I haven't heard Mick knock Keith at all. Seems like Keith just ambushed him. Pretty funny, though. Seems Keith was way drunk. Not an excuse really.
October 23rd, 2005 04:22 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Keith isn't close to loosing his cool, but many of his rabid supporters are! Keith admirers slagging Mick and giving heed to the silliest rumors (wig, indeed...)

Excuse me, the wig is not a silly rumor, it is simply the material matter of fact...

I've seen the fully smeared Mick on the backstage - it was the summer 1976 - and deeply troubled, cuz I still liked it, I thought to myself: "This guy has a nasty hair problem!" Luckily, and thirty years after, his hair density continues to grow

Is his hitec glued pussy (one can even swim with it!) something to bother about?

NOT REALLY!!!

Is that funny?

HELL YEAH!!!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)