ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I think The Stones will not be in the studio very long this time,.......... From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 23rd, 2004 12:14 PM
glencar Just another "opinion" I see...LOL
October 23rd, 2004 12:39 PM
padre Ok, if Keef can't rock anymore, play the damn blues! No more whining and humming, just rip some dirty blues. The country-blues outtakes from VL were best stuff I've heard from Keith (in a Stones session) in 20 years.
There's also a very good Chuck Berryish rocker with Keef in Peter Wolf's Sleeples album. I'm sure he could make a tune like that swing. All he needs is a producer who says "No more ballads, please".
If he'll do another ballad I wish it'd be deleted from the album and be left as a bonus for a single.
October 23rd, 2004 01:47 PM
ResidentMule if there's any truth to Mick talking about how he's kinda been on a role lately with writing (all the songs for Alfie, plus I think he said something about being writing very productively for the Stones so far) then I think that may actually be evidence against your point. the songs from Licks are almost 3 years old to them. I'm sure they'll re-use a couple, as they'll likely reuse some songs that have been around for a decade or two, but I don't think their gonna go in to do an album as basically "Paris recording sessons: Phase 2". its a little late for that now. I also doubt the aim is to just write enough new songs (lets say 8) to form a complete album along with the handful of recycled ones and work on that. I think if their gonna take the album seriously, they should give the writing phase some time - don't make them record while Mick's still focused on writing (and I say Mick cautiously hoping that Keith will be active in the process too, but don't think it looks that way) - let him write til he's all dried up, then do the album
that's just one way of looking at it, but overall, I'm trying to stay optimistic just like Ian
October 23rd, 2004 01:57 PM
glencar Most of us are optimistic. Anything's better than rehashings at this point.
October 23rd, 2004 01:57 PM
ResidentMule oh yeah, and flame me all you want guys, but since the horns are here to stay (particularly Bobby) whether you like it or not, I'd kinda like to see a sax solo on the album just like back in the day (didn't ruin Brown Sugar) - and I don't mean like some lame guest appearance or a no name, I mean from Bobby. he has afterall been in the band longer than Ronnie, and I doubt Ronnie's got anything up his sleeve that's gonna impress me at this point. I figure they might as well get some use out of em than just treating the horns as just part of the 'extended touring band'
October 23rd, 2004 01:59 PM
glencar You won't get flamed for asking for more horns. Just don't ask for more Chuck!
October 23rd, 2004 02:02 PM
ResidentMule well I wanna hear more Chuck too

on the next Allman Bros. album
October 23rd, 2004 02:14 PM
gypsy NP, did you really have to be such a sarcastic prick in your post this morning?

Just kidding. Your post made me laugh out loud, as always.
October 23rd, 2004 02:51 PM
nankerphelge I know, I know.

I should not be so nasty to Ian!!

Everyone is treating him like he's a little slow, you know, bit of a dim bulb!

And once you get to know him, you realize -- he can't help it!

(Michael Philip Jagger, circa 1978)
October 23rd, 2004 06:33 PM
IanBillen
Gypsy and Nankerphelge,

Is there really a need to consitently comment about every single, solitary thing I say on the board?....

Is it neccessary 100% of the time? I figured maybe you two could let just one slide on by and go back to sticking your head in the dirt pile but I guess it what you two live to do out there.

Ian
October 23rd, 2004 06:54 PM
tumbling dice My bets, the new album will be out in the next july or august and the tour too.
October 23rd, 2004 09:52 PM
kath i think it's food for thought, ian. i appreciate the opinion and am enjoying sort of examining it and seeing if i think it may be feasible. anything is feasible right now. at least i hope so. all reports say charlie is fine, but a little tired and immune compromised, so he prolly doesn't wanna take on a tour right away. but i think you're right about charlie, if he doesn't think he can keep up, he won't do it.

i am hopeful there will be a new album, but really and truly i don't live for the albums or put much stock in what other people think about them. i live for the shows. there is nothing in this world as much fun as a stones concert. the old friends you see, the "weekend stones fans" that are incredulous to talk to us and hear our stories of shows and tours and encounters. i love sitting next to somebody who has never seen the stones before, because i can tell 'em "hang on to your socks, dearie"...and they never fail me.

that's just my opinion....my "hope" if you will...
October 23rd, 2004 10:03 PM
nankerphelge "Is there really a need to consitently comment about every single, solitary thing I say on the board?...."

Actually, since you asked....

Yes!

It's more than a need -- it is almost a duty!

Don't know what it is, I just feel the need to give you shit!

Sorta like jb -- he invites abuse -- it would be impolite not to accept!

October 23rd, 2004 10:26 PM
kath that's my history with josh in a nutshell. i really don't feel that way toward anybody else too much on any board..but that josh is a piece of work....
October 23rd, 2004 10:45 PM
Soldatti I'm sure that the album is 50% done.
October 24th, 2004 12:54 AM
gypsy Please don't group me with Nanky.

Because I'm oldgypsy--the net's biggest slot!
Page: 1 2