ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I think The Stones will not be in the studio very long this time,.......... From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 22nd, 2004 02:23 PM
IanBillen
I think the new Sones album is basically stamped in. By this I mean I really think it will be all done within three months.
They recorded alot on Licks. And I am kinda thinkin they have recorded since, meaning here and there but before Chalie got sick or without Charlie writing and working it up. Whatever songs Mick and Keith have come up within the past month or so will probably be picked from to record with Charlie and then mix and a mastering. I am suspecting that around March-April we will have a new Stones album delivered to us. It is my hunch that they will only really be in the studio this time around for a few months tops, because there is so much indication that they have been working this material up since during Licks. My guess is they have a huge amount of material either worked on, or almost complete at this point. Also it was stated in an Article that fans will not have to wait too long before the product (product meaning the album)
Ian
October 22nd, 2004 02:26 PM
Nellcote Fact based observation or hopeful thinking?
Discuss...
October 22nd, 2004 02:45 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Fact based observation or hopeful thinking?
Discuss...

Well a little fact and a little observation but I will tell you honestly I have no "inside source" or anything like that.

Fact: Ron wood mentions in an article that they have lots of new material. Then he went on to say they have an entire new album in the making and could have it done in a few months if pushed to it and neccessary. That was not too long after the Paris sessions.

Fact:Keith mentions in Uncut Magazine the the Stones recorded on Licks tour in all kinds of places even hotel rooms.

Fact: When Mick, Keith, and Ron met in June Keith was going into the studio with his guitar. Every indication that it was Stones related ofcoarse since he was in holland with them.

Fact:Mick says three weeks ago that he has been writing songs with Keith for a few weeks.

My observation: So much has been worked up already and even recorded on and off that they have a load of new stuff.

My observation: Of coarse I don't think Charlie has Present involved in any action since May or June being as the man was hung up for a bit.

Truth: I am still kinda concerened about Charlie hopeing this stint didn't take too much out of him. But then again he is a very strong, and strong willed 60 year old and going back to drumming to him isn't going to be the difficulty. The difficulty, if any, would be the tour and all that travel. But I am sure if he couldn't do it entirely 100% he wouldn't attempt such. And all the reports have been nothing but good.
Ian
October 22nd, 2004 02:52 PM
T&A hardly goin out on a limb, Ian...when was the last time they spent more than a few (3, you say) months in the studio? In fact, I'd be surprised if the entire cast were in the studio for more than 2-3 weeks come November. In general, though, I am also of the opinion that we're looking at polishing some leftover tracks from Paris'02 and prior and maybe 2-3 new recordings based on new ones written by the Glims.

And, I'll be frank witchas - this ain't-a-gonna be no masterpiece...

[Edited by T&A]
October 22nd, 2004 02:54 PM
jb Mick and Keith went to the basement of Nellcote for 5 months to get this Live Licks thing together!!!
October 22nd, 2004 02:55 PM
T&A
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick and Keith went to the basement of Nellcote for 5 months to get this Live Licks thing together!!!

yeah, sure...
October 22nd, 2004 02:57 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
T&A wrote:
And, I'll be frank witchas - this ain't-a-gonna be no masterpiece

where didja get a wild idea like that
October 22nd, 2004 02:59 PM
gypsy I'm going to ask oldkr. He knows all about the goings on behind the scenes.
October 22nd, 2004 03:02 PM
T&A
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

where didja get a wild idea like that

well, I guess I'm just going on the last 25 years - a pattern has developed. THEY HAVEN'T DONE A GREAT ALBUM IN A QUARTER FUCKIN' CENTURY! :-) I just find it somewhat amusing how much anticipation there seems to be about a new Stones record. Personally, the live act is just fine - not adventurous, but it's still the Stones. Studio-wise, they have run out of ideas.
October 22nd, 2004 03:17 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'm going to ask oldkr. He knows all about the goings on behind the scenes.

Why is that Gypsy?
October 22nd, 2004 03:18 PM
Nellcote Ian...
They have a warehouse of stuff from the Some Girls sessions which have yet to see the light of day.
We all know that the Voodoo Sessions filled multiple ROIO.
It's rumored that the B to B sessions are the same.
The Licks sessions resulted in four cuts on that set,
Four Flicks gave us some addiontal scraps
I recall watching "Being Mick", when our hero went to meet with the other Stones in London. They opened the door to a room where one could see it all categorized.
To conclude, while you bring up some good points, for what it's worth I would think the activity points you note are hopeful at best...
October 22nd, 2004 03:18 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick and Keith went to the basement of Nellcote for 5 months to get this Live Licks thing together!!!

LOL!
October 22nd, 2004 03:21 PM
jb I was told that Keith has written 30 new songs for the new album-primarily country and ballads....I was not too happy to hear about this...but it's true....
October 22nd, 2004 03:22 PM
gypsy "Why is that Gypsy?"

Because he is the internet's largest Keef resource.
I thought you knew.
October 22nd, 2004 03:23 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
"Why is that Gypsy?"

Because he is the internet's largest Keef resource.
I thought you knew.

and because?
October 22nd, 2004 03:24 PM
Nellcote jb, how is it true?
Further, how could you doubt old kr?
October 22nd, 2004 03:24 PM
Bloozehound Keefs the sappiest balladier of them all these dayz

Micheal Bolton get lost

Tony Bennett eat your heart out

singing cowboys Roy Rogers and Gene Aultry watchout!

October 22nd, 2004 03:26 PM
gypsy jb, don't ask questions...just take his word for it. why?
because he's oldkr.
October 22nd, 2004 03:27 PM
Nellcote JB, could you suprise us all for once and post on a weekend?
October 22nd, 2004 03:28 PM
Soldatti The only that Keith can do is write ballads or raggee songs. He can do rock tunes for Mick but he can't sing rock and roll tunes anymore.
October 22nd, 2004 03:34 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
jb, don't ask questions...just take his word for it. why?
because he's oldkr.

You are still my queen Mrs. Jaymee....
October 22nd, 2004 03:35 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, could you suprise us all for once and post on a weekend?

Yes..if the Red Sox win the World Series and Patriots go undefeated.
October 22nd, 2004 03:40 PM
Nellcote JB, glad to see you finally recognized the American League Champions after the bludgeoning you gave me all summah.
October 22nd, 2004 03:46 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, glad to see you finally recognized the American League Champions after the bludgeoning you gave me all summah.

I congratulated you after game 6...I knew it was over at that point..Cardinals will be tough, but how can it get any tougher than down 0-3 to the Yankees and coming back-this should be a cake walk which shall finally end the curse of the bambino......
October 22nd, 2004 03:51 PM
Nellcote You did? I was in a sleep deprived haze for the past two weeks with all that's been happening, plus Roostah was reminding me how many years it's been more than once....
October 23rd, 2004 12:06 AM
IanBillen
quote:
T&A wrote:
hardly goin out on a limb, Ian...when was the last time they spent more than a few (3, you say) months in the studio? In fact, I'd be surprised if the entire cast were in the studio for more than 2-3 weeks come November. In general, though, I am also of the opinion that we're looking at polishing some leftover tracks from Paris'02 and prior and maybe 2-3 new recordings based on new ones written by the Glims.

And, I'll be frank witchas - this ain't-a-gonna be no masterpiece...

The Last time they spent more than a few months in the Studio is the last two studio albums. Voodoo was like a 6-8 month stint with them in the studio for like 2-3 months straight at one point.

Bridges was like a 5-6 month process all in all. I think for Bridges they were only in the studio for like 2 month stretches though.

This album HAS to be super and they know it.
Ian

[Edited by T&A]

October 23rd, 2004 01:25 AM
glencar Frankly, I'm taking gypsy's advice. I'll believe oldkr(the world's best internet Keef sorce) before I'll beleive Ian Billen. No offense.
October 23rd, 2004 02:58 AM
IanBillen
quote:
glencar wrote:
Frankly, I'm taking gypsy's advice. I'll believe oldkr(the world's best internet Keef sorce) before I'll beleive Ian Billen. No offense.

There is nothing to believe Glencar. It is just an opinion.
And you know what they say about those. I wouldn't over think it or try and make anything out of it any more than you already have.
No Offense as well.
October 23rd, 2004 10:38 AM
glencar Carry on then...
October 23rd, 2004 11:09 AM
nankerphelge I'll throw in my 2 cents as well.

I would wager that Mick will do most of the singing, with Keith maybe singing a couple of tunes. Mick might play the harmonica too.

Charlie will likely drum on this release.

Keith will probably do most of the guitar work, although I wouldn't be surprised if Ronnie did some too.

I also suspect there will be some horns and keyboards and back-up singers.

My guess is we will see somewhere between 12 and 16 songs, unless there are more or less.

I suspect the title of the release will be No Shit Sherlock!
Page: 1 2