ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Beacon Theatre, NYC - 29th October 2006
© Beast
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill 70 Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th October 2006 04:13 AM
F505
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
>>
Well OK, but Bill shouldn't forget that he owes his fame to the Stones. So it isn't that strange when journalists ask him about the Stones and he shouldn't be too frustrated about that. Of course Bill knows bloody well his own talents are very restricted. The only reason the Rhythm Kings get publicity is because Bill Wyman is a former Stone and not because of Bill's musical significance.
>>

But the Stones shouldn't forget that without the Bill Wyman the Stones would not have been or become the Greatest R&R Band in the World. Bill's talents may be limited, but he has the talent to make any band groove in a way no other bassist can do. Without Wyman no Stones rythm section, no groove, no roll (as is now with Daryl: it rocks sometimes, but there's no roll). In the end, Wyman's part in the Stones is equally important as the song writing of Jagger and Richards. Wyman's role and influence to the music of the Stones is in the end more important than the role of Jones, Taylor and Wood.

Mathijs

One more reason he shouldn't get annoyed when he is asked about the Stones.
25th October 2006 08:48 PM
Maxlugar Happy Birthday Bill!

You are just fantastic.

Lawdy Miss Clawdy!!!
25th October 2006 10:22 PM
gotdablouse Happy 7-0 Bill, we miss your bass playing of the 78-82 period for sure ! Makes me want to pull out the 81 LSTNT vid or finally track down the non edited Houston (?) shows everyone has been raving about !
26th October 2006 10:53 PM
Kilroy one of the best Bass Player of all Time, he added alot to the Stones. Happy Birthday Mr William.
27th October 2006 08:29 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Happy Birthday Bill. He was such an important part of the Stones sound of the 60s and early 70s. A tremendous musician. It is so much easier to appreciate just how important with all the modern digitised stuff and fancy headphones. (Not that I like digital sound compared to analogue!). The Rhythn Kings are for me a real bore. BUT to put that in context they are (whatever line up) throwing out a truely professional sound. The problem for me is the drab songs (IMHO) that they play. If I could chose a setlist I would be at the front of the queue to get in the gig!
27th October 2006 08:39 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Kilroy wrote:
one of the best Bass Player of all Time, he added alot to the Stones. Happy Birthday Mr William.

Well, he blows FPM C10 away. That's for sure.
27th October 2006 08:50 AM
Jumacfly long live to boom boom Bill.
Mathijs did a good job in this thread, I agree with him 100%.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)