ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Saint Stonesalot
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA - October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Band Gets Political - Again Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
October 10th, 2005 01:14 AM
KeepRigid
quote:

To anybody who can read, the people had the right to KEEP KEEP KEEP

I saw a woman sitting between two men. One side of her face was pale, the other was blushing.

Overhead, a voice inquired, "What is Truth?"

And I answered in kind, "I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else."
October 10th, 2005 02:36 AM
stonedinaustralia hey keep - can you get your lawyer to throw in his two cents worth - is he a nazi too??

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
October 10th, 2005 12:18 PM
KeepRigid I rarely see him these days, but no matter, as he wouldn't have two cents on him anyway.

Although he has tried the nazi approach to get women, it didn't really suit him. He's never had beliefs of any sort.
October 10th, 2005 03:09 PM
monkey_man Need a good laugh today. . .check this out http://www.badmash.org/videos/videos_flv.php?v=george_bush_512K_Stream
October 10th, 2005 04:17 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

steady ronnie - no need to be abusive

twas just a general observation, not refering to anyone in particular - i'm sure there are some non-nazi lawyers.

anyway, to me the only thing provoking about the stones and their political expressions is the *lack* of political or "topical" songs in their career
October 13th, 2005 01:04 PM
SmallerBang Exactly, because they don't know what the f**k they are talking about.
October 13th, 2005 09:29 PM
the good
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

yes i understand that you don't or can't or won't see the difference between the political and the legal uses of terms liberal and conservative

also get yourself a dictionary and look those words up - that might help for a start

cioa baby

I am starting to think that you boardname actually reveals something about your mental status. My God. One does not have to resort to a LIBERAL reading of the document to find a general right to bear arms. This right can be found even with a strict constructionist interpretation. You were saying that it was a Liberal reading of the document that affords a general right to bear arms (which is a conservative political position). I do not agree. I think the right to bear arms is plainy evident in the language of the ammendment, and that a strict constructionst reading yeilds a general right to bear arms.
October 13th, 2005 09:33 PM
stonedinaustralia sorry man - i've given up on you

no further correspondence will be entered into - 'tho in closing i refer you to stonesthrow's post to you
October 13th, 2005 09:45 PM
the good
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
sorry man - i've given up on you

no further correspondence will be entered into - 'tho in closing i refer you to stonesthrow's post to you

The post was nonsense. I really regret ever even becoming involved in this thread. What a total waste of my time.
Have a great day.

"The text of the Second Amendment points to a personal right of individuals: A "right of the people" is ordinarily and most naturally a right of individuals, not of a State and not merely of those serving the State as militiamen. The phrase "keep arms" at the time of the Founding usually indicated the private ownership and retention of arms by individuals as individuals, not the stockpiling of arms by a government or its soldiers, and the phrase certainly had that meaning when used in connection with a "right of the people." While the phrase "bear arms" often referred to carrying of arms in military service, it also sometimes denoted carrying arms for private purposes. The Amendment's prefatory clause, considered under proper rules of interpretation, could not negate the individual right recognized in the clear language of the operative clause. In any event, the prefatory clause - particularly its reference to the "Militia," which was understood at the Founding to encompass all able-bodied male citizens, who were required to be enrolled for service - is fully consistent with an individual-right reading of the operative language. Moreover, the Second Amendment appears in the Bill of Rights amid amendments securing numerous individual rights, a placement that makes it likely that the right of the people to keep and bear arms likewise belongs to individuals. Finally, a consideration of the powers that the original Constitution grants or allows over the militia makes it unlikely that the Second Amendment would secure a collective or quasi-collective right."

DOJ, office of legal counsel
[Edited by the good]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)