ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Official album: Rarities 1971-2001 (release date Nov. 21 2005) Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 10th, 2005 09:34 PM
Flashpoint
quote:
thejuf wrote:
Forty Licks Fanclub has just received the following tracklisting re: the Rarities 1971-2001 CD from Virgin/EMI. Just like ABB, it will also be available on vinyl!To be released 21 November 2005.

1. Fancy Man Blues
2. Tumbling Dice (live)
3. Wild Horses (acoustic from Tokyo)
4. Beast Of Burden (live)
5. Anyway You Look At It
6. If I Was A Dancer (part 2)
7. Miss You (Dance version)
8. Wish I'd Never Met You
9. I Just Wanna Make Love To You (live)
10. Mixed Emotions (12" version)
11. Through The Lonely Nights
12. Live With Me (live)
13. Let It Rock (live)
14. Harlem Shuffle (NY Mix)
15. Mannish Boy
16. Thru and Thru (live)
www.fortylicksfanclub.com

I don't like it at all...glad to se through the lonely nights though, a let it loose kind of gem..hope some of Gazza's tracklist make it like JOTOM and So Young
October 10th, 2005 09:42 PM
glencar Yes, I too like Gazza's list but let's leave off "The Storm" as that was the handle of one of the most unpleasant asswipes to ever post on these boards. Plus the song isn't all that interesting...
October 10th, 2005 10:39 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, I too like Gazza's list but let's leave off "The Storm" as that was the handle of one of the most unpleasant asswipes to ever post on these boards. Plus the song isn't all that interesting...

LOL! Gawd! That was like the fucking Armegeddon of the entire world wide web! A flame war to end all flame wars. It's still talked about in hushed tones and whispers in the seedier reaches of the web. Oh yeah,and you won.

Riffy
October 10th, 2005 11:00 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

That was like the fucking Armegeddon of the entire world wide web! A flame war to end all flame wars.

yeah i have heard of this legendary battle but it was before my time

one question i have - what was it all about and who was arguing what??
October 10th, 2005 11:34 PM
Riffhard
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

yeah i have heard of this legendary battle but it was before my time

one question i have - what was it all about and who was arguing what??

It started out innocently enough with a dissagreement over the differences between Bridges and Voodoo,but it quickly became ugly. Then it got interesting. It was like slowing down at the scene of a fatal car accident. The whole world wide web was slowing down and rubber necking to get a peek at the bloodbath!

If memory serves though it was all about B2B vs VL. I may be mistaken as I have tried to block that incident from my memory. It was like looking at autopsy photos. You didn't want to look,but somehow you couldn't resist. Many witnessed things that no human being should be subjected to. In the end Blue won. I do remember that,but I think we all lost a touch of our innocence by the time all was said and done.

Riffy
October 10th, 2005 11:44 PM
Egbert Oh shit that's funny - I'm sorry to have missed out on that brouhaha.

So Blue, which is it - VL or B2B?
October 11th, 2005 02:56 AM
corgi37 This "new" record could be a case of download, or wait 3 weeks for the bargain bin sale.

Pretty piss poor. Is there a reggae Start me up around? Claudine? Zip mouth angel?

Must say, Harlem Shuffle NY mix was very good. Cant remember if i liked that mix, or the London mix. Whichever had the organ/keyboard in it.

Better than the Rock and a hard place version with the fucking vacuum cleaner on it!

Surely the Dr Dre Miss You cant be on it. That was from Austin Power 3. That wasnt in 2001. Was it? Surely its the 12" 78 version, which i just love to death. Why cant it be the nigh on 20 minute version that i, er, acquired.
October 11th, 2005 06:41 AM
egon rarities..?
it's a live album, with some other "stuff" on it.
very weird concept.

maybe they can sell it together wih abb the special edition. and sell it cheap i mean!
October 11th, 2005 06:53 AM
Jumacfly It sucks like every Virgin release : no security, live licks, jump back...

October 11th, 2005 06:57 AM
egon 40 licks special edition
40 licks tour edition
October 11th, 2005 12:43 PM
Gazza A different version of "I Just Wanna Make Love To You" (recorded in Amsterdam in 1998) was released on the Japanese version of "No Security".

Its possible it could be THAT version on this album instead of the 1990 version.
October 11th, 2005 12:51 PM
LeedsLungs71 Virgin Records and The Stones could have really made the fans happy with a nice box set of rarities....instead we get this single disc hodgepodge of selections.

This sucks.
October 11th, 2005 07:18 PM
Soldatti It's a great idea, but the tracklist is a complete letdown.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)