ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks keefkid
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Keefkid
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Official album: Rarities 1971-2001 (release date Nov. 21 2005) Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 10th, 2005 01:27 PM
thejuf Forty Licks Fanclub has just received the following tracklisting re: the Rarities 1971-2001 CD from Virgin/EMI. Just like ABB, it will also be available on vinyl!To be released 21 November 2005.

1. Fancy Man Blues
2. Tumbling Dice (live)
3. Wild Horses (acoustic from Tokyo)
4. Beast Of Burden (live)
5. Anyway You Look At It
6. If I Was A Dancer (part 2)
7. Miss You (Dance version)
8. Wish I'd Never Met You
9. I Just Wanna Make Love To You (live)
10. Mixed Emotions (12" version)
11. Through The Lonely Nights
12. Live With Me (live)
13. Let It Rock (live)
14. Harlem Shuffle (NY Mix)
15. Mannish Boy
16. Thru and Thru (live)
www.fortylicksfanclub.com
October 10th, 2005 01:38 PM
scratched Where is 'Everything Is Turning To Gold'?
October 10th, 2005 01:38 PM
justinkurian Would that be a Manish Boy studio version? Is that what they're baiting me with? I wouldn't call anything else a rarity.
October 10th, 2005 02:15 PM
Gazza Theyve never done Mannish Boy in the studio so I cant see that the live version is 'rare' if its the LYL version

Maybe its a Licks tour version - as Thru & Thru would be. They havent released a live version of that song until now either

I'm assuming "Tumbling Dice (live)" is from the 1995 CD single, in which case half the song is studio and half is live. (there is a live version from London 24/8/90 from "At The Max" which was released on a "Jumpin Jack Flash" 'At The Max' single in the UK & Holland in 1991)

I think this release would indicate that the Stones are leaving Virgin. The company really are tying up a lot of loose ends in the last year or so, what with a live album released almost as an afterthought, frequent re-releases of old live albums and compilations and now a collection of B-sides.

[Edited by Gazza]
October 10th, 2005 02:31 PM
Rizollin Nice, it's got the Miss You Studio 54 mix. I can't even listen to the album version, you can actually hear where it's edited.

"What's wit you? Yeah you bin you bin strung out faw too long you know, girls will come and go, they're just like streetcaws...I say I bin standing here too long, you know I told you I feel...a-bandoned...wooo babeh"
October 10th, 2005 02:51 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
scratched wrote:
Where is 'Everything Is Turning To Gold'?

I think that was released on Sucking In The Seventies, no?
October 10th, 2005 02:52 PM
Gazza so was "If I Was A Dancer", though, and IT'S on it

October 10th, 2005 02:58 PM
Madafaka
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
I think that was released on Sucking In The Seventies, no?

You're right, in Sucking in the 70s
October 10th, 2005 02:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks P, great news even that a lot of material is recylced I love this more than another "greatest hits" in disguise

October 10th, 2005 03:07 PM
justinkurian What's so rare about Wild Horses? Wasn't that on Stripped? Was that version recorded in Tokyo...Toshiba Studios, right?
[Edited by justinkurian]
October 10th, 2005 03:25 PM
Gazza yes it was

so, on first look at this, it appears that 2 songs (tracks 3 & 6) have been previously released on albums that are currently available and (probably) the final two songs may be previously unreleased songs

Thru & Thru was played at MSG on 18.1.03 and included in both the HBO show and Four Flicks - but left off Live Licks. My personal guess is that this is the version they'll release.

Mannish Boy is a bit of a mystery. It's not listed as a live version but theres no known studio version of it. If its not the Love You Live version, maybe its from the Licks tour (it wasnt played at any of the shows featured on the DVD, but was played at a few other shows - including MSG 26.9.02 - the same show where Thru & Thru received its live debut)

I presume that version of Miss You is that Dr Dre mix from a couple of years ago and not the 8 and a half minute 12' single from 1978? If so, its a pity.

A strange selection of songs. Some good choices. Some not so good. The dance mixes were never really that popular with the fans and would for the most part be a poor substitute for other long lost genuine rarities such as "I Think I'm Goin' Mad"
October 10th, 2005 03:33 PM
justinkurian Correct me if I'm wrong, on the back of Sucking in the 70s, Mannish Boy isn't listed with (live) next to it. I was thinking it was a studio version when I picked it up then.

It's listed the same way here - I bet it is the same live version.
October 10th, 2005 03:37 PM
Gazza They probably didnt list it as "live" because there's no "studio" release to compare it to, if you know what I mean.

I hope you're wrong about it probably being the same version (and the version on SITS is edited!) but I suppose you'll probably be correct!
October 10th, 2005 03:45 PM
doo doo doo Dude I'm thinking BOB is the B-side to Going to A Go-Go single from Still Life. Nice to see Let It Rock & Through the Lonely Nights finally getting official release but would like to have seen "I think I'm going mad" & "Criss cross Mind" make the cut.
October 10th, 2005 03:50 PM
patioaintdry Let it Rock is the Live at Leeds version that replaced Sister Morphine on Sticky Fingers (???)

October 10th, 2005 04:08 PM
scratched If everything on this release is what I am hoping for (the 12" Miss You, no Dr Dre, Beast Of Burden '81, the Stripped b-sides) I will look forward to it more than I did with A Bigger Bang!
October 10th, 2005 04:18 PM
Gazza How about this for an alternative track listing, with just a few 'tweaks' and additions? All songs previously released, not a remix or album track in sight and it would still fit onto a 80 minute CD

You could easily substitute a few of the lesser tracks for previously unreleased performances!

1. Fancy Man Blues
2. Tumbling Dice (live)
3. Honest I Do (studio Tokyo/only released on "Hope Floats" soundtrack)
4. Beast Of Burden (live)
5. Anyway You Look At It
6. 2000 Light Years From Home (live)
7. Miss You (12' single version)
8. Wish I'd Never Met You
9. I Just Wanna Make Love To You (live)
10. Gimme Shelter (live, 1995)
11. Through The Lonely Nights
12. The Storm
13. Let It Rock (live)
14. Play With Fire (live)
15. All Down The Line (1972 single remix)
16. Jump On Top Of Me
17. I'm Gonna Drive
18. So Young
19. Cook Cook Blues
20. I Think I'm Goin' Mad

[Edited by Gazza]
October 10th, 2005 04:22 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 ABKCO should release an album of rarities with Cocksucker Blues, Fucking Andrew and a ton of studio tracks that never made it to a studio album along with a bunch of live tracks that are unreleased.
October 10th, 2005 05:16 PM
keithriffhard yeah, Virgin has done it's share of rereleasing everything already. They released two B-Sides and Rarities albums all ready with Sucking in the seventies and Jamming with Edward. What the hell is this? ABKCO, has done the best re-releases. have them re-release a Performance soundtrack, and three discs of Brian Jones era rarities and live songs. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 10th, 2005 07:08 PM
The_Worst So when do we think "Let it Rock" & "Live WIth Me" are from?
October 10th, 2005 07:12 PM
The_Worst One other note...This is probably just a technicality but if this album is called "the Rarities 1971-2001 CD" doesn't that mean none of the live versions could be from the Licks tour since that started in 2002. I realize "Thru & Thru" wasn't played live until MSG in 2003...Just thought I'd point that out...
October 10th, 2005 07:15 PM
pdog Thru and Thru was played in 2002, just being technical, since it was still after 2001...
Let's hope this set is better than the traclist we're seeing. Also, I thought the master tape for Through The Lonely Nights was lost. Leaving out I Think I'm Going Mad is fucking criminal!

October 10th, 2005 07:28 PM
Soldatti I don't like the tracklisting, where the hell are the VL outtakes? Where is Think I'm Going Mad? Dreadful.
The name is a joke too, just like Jump Back "71-93".
October 10th, 2005 08:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
So when do we think "Let it Rock" & "Live WIth Me" are from?

Let It Rock will be from Leeds University 13.3.71. previously only available on the UK "Brown Sugar/Bitch" 7' maxi single

Live With Me is almost certainly the recording from Brixton Academy on 19.7.95 which was released on the Dutch CD single of "Wild Horses" in March 1996

Here's a list of the Stones live non-album tracks that have been released to date :

http://www.rocksoff.org/liverecordings-singles.htm
October 10th, 2005 08:20 PM
The Wick I think Mannish Boy is from Urban Jungle. I don't remember the exact single, but it was from Flashpoint. It may have been Highwire or Sex Drive. I have it somewhere at home. The cover is that match flame on the front and Jagger says something like, we used to play this fast, but now we do it slow. I wish they would go back to playing it fast like they used to.
[Edited by The Wick]
October 10th, 2005 08:20 PM
Gazza Anyone else notice that the title of this album makes no sense?

How can you have an album of rarities from "1971-2001" which contains a live performance of a song ("Thru & Thru") which wasnt debuted until 26.9.02.

As the Stones didnt work or release any new product in 2001, how can you have 'rarities' from that year?

Sack the researchers!
[Edited by Gazza]
October 10th, 2005 08:27 PM
exile Im glad to see Through The Lonely Nights on there
what a great song

Bit sad though they could have included

Criss Cross Mind
I think im going mad.
I need You

October 10th, 2005 08:48 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
The Wick wrote:
I think Mannish Boy is from Urban Jungle.

I think you mean I Just Want To Make Love To You. There was also a version on No Security (Japanese) with Mick introducing it with the same "we used to play it fast" intro.
October 10th, 2005 08:50 PM
The Wick Bloody hell, you're right. It's been a long day, and my mind is beginning to go. I don't know what the hell I was on about. Mannish Boy fast: That would really be weird.
[Edited by The Wick]
October 10th, 2005 09:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
The Wick wrote:
I think Mannish Boy is from Urban Jungle. I don't remember the exact single, but it was from Flashpoint. It may have been Highwire or Sex Drive. I have it somewhere at home. The cover is that match flame on the front and Jagger says something like, we used to play this fast, but now we do it slow. I wish they would go back to playing it fast like they used to.
[Edited by The Wick]

Mannish Boy wasnt played on that tour. It was only played at the 1977 El Mocambo shows, the Ian Stewart tribute in '86 and then again in 2002-2003.

Its "I Just Wanna Make Love To You" that you're thinking of. The version from Wembley 6.7.90 thats on the 'High Wire' single appears to be on this Rarities album. Good version it is, too!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)