ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nanker -- What's the latest? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-10-02 11:09 AM
sandrew Nanker -- You live out near Manassas, right? Were you anywhere near the sniper attack last night?
10-10-02 11:33 AM
nankerphelge I live about 10 miles from the shooting -- but still very scary. This nut is all over the place and could be in my neighborhood today for all I know. AT least they got some lead on a white minivan last nite -- only about 3 gazillion of them around!!
10-10-02 11:40 AM
sandrew Apparently there was a shooting in Southeast about an hour ago, near the District line. They don't know if it's related to the sniper.

I can't believe that the next time my car needs gas, I'm going to be thinking about how dense the area is -- if the sniper might have a good sight line.

I live near Old Town, so there's little chance -- I think -- that he could pull off a shooting in an area like that. It's crazy. That guy -- or guys -- is absolutely evil.
10-10-02 11:40 AM
Moonisup be carefull nanker, they should burn that fucker!!
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-10-02 11:51 AM
egon just read it in the onlin paper.
scary shit - apparently they guy thinks he's god...?
let's hope they catch the guy (woman?) soon
take care over there!
10-10-02 12:01 PM
sandrew There's no way it's a woman. For whatever evolutionary reason, women don't do this crap.
10-10-02 04:58 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nanky...don't pump gas. Go full service. Let the poor gas jockey take a high power steel jacket for you.

Besides, you are C10. We are bullet proof.
10-10-02 05:09 PM
Joey " Besides, you are C10. We are bullet proof. "

I bleed for you .......do you bleed for me ?????

Please , I's justs gots to knows !

10-10-02 05:26 PM
nankerphelge I feel bullet proof, but I have my Kevlar skivvies on just in case!!
10-10-02 05:27 PM
Jaxx you better get yourself a full metal jacket!!
10-10-02 06:09 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I think someone's been reading one too many Thomas Harris books...

What a nutcase!

We were just on the subject of Chapman the other day, weren't we?

"Dear policeman, I am God"?

Now that's just fuckin' scary.

I hope the Pope will lend the Stones his Popemobile for all further concerts.

-tSYX --- We'll start a love train! A love train!
10-10-02 06:10 PM
parmeda CNN is my best friend today...
Chief Charlie Deane just mentioned that the autopsy today showed this is yet another linked victim.

Nank, like I said earlier this morning...watch your back.

It's a damn shame to have to live in fear.
10-10-02 06:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy The Tarot card thing just seems too contrived for me. For all we know, some other nutcase could have put it there just to make it scarier for those people. One of these crazies always brings out more.

Keep an eye out, Nank. My aunt lives down there - she produces the WBAL news (it's the ABC station), we're all worried sick about her.

Maybe we should get the Pope to lend you the Popemobile! After all, it runs on GODPOWER... - 1000 miles on a single soul!

-tSYX --- Pius VI (The White Album)
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
10-10-02 06:29 PM
Factory Girl I live in No. Va also. Taking this shit in stride. Wait & see. Hope they catch the sniper, but have no illusions.
10-10-02 08:07 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hope they catch the sniper, but have no illusions.

he will get caught. however in the meantime, his karma is dangerously rancid. that in itself will get him apprehended.
you gotta keep the faith!
10-10-02 09:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot The really whacko thing about this is that there are TWO people involved. This means that it isn't just a lone crazie doing this...it's a team effort.

This will make it VERY difficult to track them down.

Picture this.

The "spotter" is in the white mini van. The "shooter" is in another vehicle following. They park the following car and get in the mini van. They drive around the immediate area til they spot a victim. The spotter scans the area for witnesses while the shooter draws a bead. The spotter gives a go signal. BANG. They calmly leave the area without drawing much, if any attention. While driving to the other car, the shooter gathers up his brass, and breaks down the rifle, stowing it in a duffle. The mini van drops him off with the duffle. Police are looking for a white minivan with TWO occupants. Meanwhile the shooter calmly drives away in the second vehicle with almost zero chance of getting stopped. Even if the spotter gets pulled over, there is nothing in the vehicle to give probable cause. White minivan, only ONE occupant, nothing incriminating in the vehicle...PD will let him drive away every time.

At first I thought this was some kind of gang initiation thing. Now I don't think so. This is far too clever for gang violence. And this person is obviously a good shot. I think this is former military. Being former military myself, I can tell you that this just has a military missionesque smell to it. The creepy thing is that there are TWO people involved in this. I think eventually they will fuck up. But until they do, it's gonna be real hard to nail them.

Seriously Nank, FG, and all our DC Stonesicated kin....be very careful.
10-10-02 10:42 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Seriously Nank, FG, and all our DC Stonesicated kin....be very careful.

Thing is, how the hell CAN you be careful about something like this? Stay home?

It's someone who's watched too many goddamn movies. And that poor police guy they always show - Lt. Moose? - is in WAAAAY over his head. Where's Clint Eastwood when you need him?

"And I say to myself....what a wonderful world."
Louis Armstrong
10-10-02 11:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot Something tells me that Chief Moose ain't really running the show.

It's multi-jurisdictional now. Larger hooved mammals now run the show. Now in charge...Inspector Yak.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
10-10-02 11:40 PM
parmeda It takes a coward, and a sick one at that, to run havok and bring an area to its knees.

I don't even want to try to speculate any motive.

He/She has gotten everyone's attention, but for what? 'Cause somebody pissed in their Wheaties' bowl a while back? 'Cause they had a 'rough childhood'? 'Cause they had gotten stood up on their first date?
I don't care to hear the story of another bleeding heart...

Sadly, this will turn out worse before it gets any better.
10-11-02 08:51 AM
nankerphelge Got gas successfully this morning! Everyone at the station was edgy -- but like FPM says, what the hell good does being alert do when someone is scoping you from 500 yards out.

They still don't know if it is one person or two -- I think a loner -- hard to believe two people could share the same level of insanity. I also think it is a former military sharp-shooter -- probably someone that got bounced from some Delta force school and now has something to prove.

The really odd thing is that all Chiefs of Police in this area are named Charlie -- Charles Moose (Montgomery Co.), Charles Ramsey (DC), and the guy in Prince William Co. VA is also a Charlie.

And Charlie Watts is the Chief of the Stones -- it all makes sense...

10-11-02 09:54 AM
scope
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
what the hell good does being alert do when someone is scoping you from 500 yards out.

Scoping? I thought that was a good thing. You know, we went scoping (i.e. with me of course)and downed a few pints!
Seriously though, do be careful. Like someone said earlier, no more self service gas stations. Must be real rough on the attendants though. Like being thrown right into the line of fire.

They better catch this nut job soon - I too think it's a single person. What makes you think it's 2 SS?

-scope

10-11-02 10:12 AM
nankerphelge the 2 person thing was being reported after the last shooting -- they have retracted that tho..
10-11-02 10:18 AM
nankerphelge Reports now of another shooting in Fredericksburg, VA at an Exxon station
10-11-02 10:27 AM
jb I find it kind of weird that these shootings started after the release of "Red Dragon".
10-11-02 11:07 AM
F505 and after the release of 40 licks
10-11-02 11:36 AM
sandrew Yeah, Gimme Shelter in Northern Va. It's just a shot away. Police are stopping anything that's white -- driving while white? -- on I-95 right now. Hope they catch that bastard.
10-11-02 11:52 AM
nankerphelge That's quite a change for southern cops who are more used to stopping all things black!!!
10-11-02 12:02 PM
jb How true nanker!!!
10-11-02 12:11 PM
Maxlugar Why is no one talking about the possibility this could be terrorists?

Have any of you seen these training video's they've been finding since 9/11?

I personally think they won't be using Airliners to crash them into buildings anymore.

It'll be things like this.

Or, more horrifically, a few towel heads walking into Grand Central Station with AK-47's during rush hour.

This is what it could come down to.

We clearly need more guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens.

This just may be the time when neighborhoods are defending themselves.

Maxy is armed to the teeth.

I will not be answering the door for any left wing gun control nuts.

You can "love" them to death. Try sticking a flower into their barrel. That might work.

MAXY!
10-11-02 12:17 PM
nankerphelge I don't think it is terrorists for a couple of reasons -- 1 - if it were, there would be lots of them all over the US
2 - they'd want to take credit for killing the infidels -- part of their state of mind is rubbing your nose in it

This nut just gets off on killing. There gonna get him today -- I can feel it!
Page: 1 2 3