ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsals at CTV studios, Toronto... "Turdsday" August 1, 2002
Anybody seen my spelling? LOL... Anybody seen my Mother? Baby? Play it next show!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nanker -- What's the latest? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10-11-02 12:21 PM
Scot Rocks It must be fucking awful there just now in the Washington area, feeling wary every time you step outside. I am sure they will get however is doing this soon, they must. I don't think it is terrorists though, just some sick cunt.

Mark
10-11-02 12:21 PM
jb Nanker...did you buy a bullet proof vest for you and your family as i suggested...a little pricey but atleast some peace of mind.
10-11-02 12:24 PM
nankerphelge I rent mine -- with an option to buy.
10-11-02 12:33 PM
sandrew Nanker -- I wouldn't rule out the terrorist theory just yet. I'm not convinced it's Al Qaeda, but I don't think they would claim credit for the shootings. That would make the police's job a hell of a lot easier, which they're not inclined to do. Plus, they didn't take officially claim "credit" for 9-11, either.

The fact that he (or they) chose this area -- the nation's capital -- is another reason why I think it could be a terrorist. Also, an Al Qaeda-trained maniac would have the rudimentary military training to pull off these shootings.

Finally, there's all this chatter that the intelligence community is picking up, something about how it's time to "light the match." Based on that info, Italian police just arrested five Pakistanis who were scoping a shopping mall in Florence.
10-11-02 12:33 PM
Maxlugar Michelle Malkin wrote a great article in the NY Post about it today. I love her.

10-11-02 12:38 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
I don't think it is terrorists though

clearly i don't know but i don't think anything should be discounted at this stage - i mean, is it all just a coincidence that this is going on in the washington area?

on the other hand if it is politically inspired you might expect that this would be happening in more than one location -

one would hope you are right and eventually he (i'd almost be prepared to bet my house it is a he) will be caught - if it is terrorist activity then unfortunatley if they catch this guy there'll be plenty more ready to step up and take his place
10-11-02 12:45 PM
Maxlugar That was just my point, Aussie Buddy.

It is just something to think about.

It COULD be.

It could be target practice for the president.

This is VERY serious shit and should not be handled by a weeping police chief.

10-11-02 01:09 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

This is VERY serious shit

you sure are right about that max

what i find so frightening is (assuming it is terrorist activity) how is anyone going to put a stop to it? - as we've seen these guys aren't afraid of dying and as i said above they are totally replaceable

while i speak from the relative safety of the other side of the globe - where, basically, the action isn't - it's a small world these days and the fact is that this shit effects us all and the way we live our day-to-day lives...these guys are ripping the guts out of our society (that is those of us fortunate enough to live in western democracys)... the real effect of it (apart from the tragic loss of life which i don't mean to belittle) is the fact that our freedom(s) will steadily be eroded in the name of security and we'll all end up living in fear, suspicious of our neighbours and with the big brother of government herding us around like sheep (next thing you know we'll all be tattooed with bar-codes so that the authoriies can keep track of every single one of us at any time of the day or night all in the name of the common good)... people who in days gone by might have been lauded as "individualists" or "free thinkers" will be viewed with "fear & loathing" (to quote a phrase)... anyone who doesn't toe the party line without question will be seen as a loose cannon - a menace and a potential danger - and if we let that happen that means that "they" have won
10-11-02 01:24 PM
jb Max..I find myself attracted to Michelle Malkin...
10-11-02 01:29 PM
Maxlugar I think you are letting yourself get carried away.

The CIA and FBI know all about these guys. They knew about them before. Why do you think that hundreds of them were arrested right after 9/11? They were being watched as it was. The thing is now they are taking them seriously and are given the authority to take them in. That makes me feel good not bad.

The law abiding have nothing to worry about. Believe me.

The leftist loons will have you think John Ashcroft is a greater threat to liberty than these music banning, women stoning, mandatory beard growing, "mine is the only true religion" worshipping, Jews make the matzo with the blood of Palestinian children blubbering, girls in school banning, America is an evil, materialistic society and keeps the Arab down but we worship the millionaire Osama Bin Laden babbling, cave dwelling, camel raping, shit-like smelling al Qaeda fucks.

************(__#___MAXY__#___)************

10-11-02 01:32 PM
jb Max....that's funny about the Chapman /Babysitting thing....I am having geraldo change my avatar as my wife saw it at home the other day and became pissed that i subjected the rug-rats ti cyberspace...I happened to mention that Lucads4 called us all "uglies" and now with the baby sitting comment , divorce shall not be to far away..thanks!!! Not you enemy..but not your friend..joshy...
[Edited by jb]
10-11-02 01:37 PM
stonedinaustralia i take your point max - and you make mine as well - it is those of whom you speak who are the greatest threat - but i'm not entirely satisfied that "the law abiding have nothing to fear" - one way or another our freedom is under threat and that is something to be feared

btw, who is John Ashcroft?
10-11-02 01:37 PM
Maxlugar HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!
10-11-02 01:41 PM
Maxlugar He is our great Attorney General.

He's guided by a higher power. God.

Unlike the godless, Hermaphrodite Janet Reno.

He doesn't dance but he is allowed to sway side to side if he feels frisky.

M!
10-11-02 01:46 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks max - i probably should have known that - now i do
10-11-02 01:47 PM
Jaxx this barbaric behavior in our civilized society is some scary shit indeed.i just got an email from our friend TomL. this most recent gas station shooting was a mile away from him..... they better catch this/these guy(s) or copy cats in other cities will emerge.
10-11-02 01:49 PM
jb Tom was suppose to meet me at sawgrass Mills b/f Ft. Lauderdale show and by me a drink!! Please be careful Tom...
Also, it's hard to picture Max as such a staunch conservative when I look at that rebellious avatar of the young LugaR....
10-11-02 01:52 PM
Jaxx
quote:
jb wrote:
Tom was suppose to meet me at sawgrass Mills b/f Ft. Lauderdale show and by me a drink!! Please be careful Tom...

from the mail i recently received, the plan is still just that. he even mentioned you by name, dear josh.
10-11-02 01:55 PM
jb Jaxx..I will give you my 4th row ticket if you can make it..I can't believe none of my friends are interested in going..I offered my cousin the ticket for face value and he said he has seen them before and does'nt feel like going this time!!! I am getting desperate to the point of either taking my wife or older son...this is not a good thing...I want to have fun!!!
[Edited by jb]
10-11-02 02:11 PM
Joey **************** NEW MATERIAL ALERT ********************

" He doesn't dance but he is allowed to sway side to side if he feels frisky. "

****************** NEW MATERIAL ALERT **********************

Thanks Max .

I will buy you a Denver Stones ticket for that one

{{{ THE JOEY }}}}

Kunta Joe ( Oh Happy Joey )

10-11-02 02:14 PM
Maxlugar Oh here's the story by the cute Michelle Malkin.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/michellemalkin/mm20021011.shtml

You're welcome!

Maxy!
10-11-02 02:19 PM
Jaxx
quote:
jb wrote:
Jaxx..I will give you my 4th row ticket if you can make it..I can't believe none of my friends are interested in going..

oh jb, this is "THE" best offer i've had in literally months! believe you me, i wish wish wish i could, but i can't get out of dodge. too many responsibilities. take your wife. she will have a great time, you will get brownie points and great sex afterwards....
10-11-02 02:26 PM
Maxlugar "{{{ THE JOEY }}}}

Kunta Joe"

^
|
|
|
|
|

Isn't that enough new material?

You should be kissing my hairy beanbag, ya know?

Yup.

Maxy Max!
10-11-02 02:32 PM
Joey " You should be kissing my hairy beanbag, ya know? "

< ------- I would like to clutch you to my bosom , stroke your young moist sweaty head and just say thank you for all of the great new material ......you have been on a serious roll lately and I thank you , my " Pal Joey " thanks you and the entire world sways back and forth and side to side because you have indeed made us feel very very Frisky .......................................and you ?

Damn Straight little buddy .....Isn't Maxy the BOM !

Skittles Joey ( Tasty ) Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

10-11-02 02:56 PM
sirmoonie Dionne Warwick has a helluva set of pipes. Pretty amazing considering how many bongs she does all day. Check her out on Then Came You with the Spinners. I wish she and Mick would do it as a dooette. It goes just like this right here:

Ever since I met you
Seems I can�t forget you
The thought of you keeps runnin� through
The back of my mind

Every time I�m near you
I get that urge to feel you
Just touchin� you and lovin� you
Makes everything right (Tell me how you feel, baby)

I never knew love before (Oh, no)
Then came you, you, then came you
I never knew love before
Then came you, ooh, then came you
You

Now that I have found you
How did I live without you (I don�t know, baby)
It�s plain to see you�re all I need
To satisfy me

I�m so darn proud of you
I wanna sing about you (Sing, sing, sing, baby)
So all I know you made love grow
But touchin� my hand

Oh...oh...I never knew love before
I never knew love before
Hey, then came you

Oh...oh...oh...oh...oh...oh...I never knew love before
Then came you, then came you
I never knew love before

Then, hey, then came you
I never knew love before
Hey, then came you, you, you, you, you, you

Hey, hey, you know that I never knew love before, no
I never knew love before

I never knew love before
Then came you, you, you, you, then came you

No, no, I never knew love before
Then came you
10-11-02 03:06 PM
Maxlugar The Fosters Oil can is going to go down nice as I smile thinking of that post.

Yup.

Just sit there on the train with my Fosters Oil Can looking out the window as a rain soaked Queens passes by.

Smile and drink.

Drink and smile.

Thinking of you and your post.

Thanks Sirmoonie.

M!A!X!Y!
10-11-02 03:25 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Another shooting... another victim dead. Again, the white van.

Shit. They closed off the highway and searched every white vehicle and still couldn't find him.

-tSYX --- All my time's been spent, coming down again...
10-11-02 03:25 PM
sirmoonie Man looks into the abyss of Steelie's eyes. There�s nothing looking back at him. That�s when man finds his dope. And that�s what keeps him from falling into an abyssmal vat of clam piss.

Buzzing..........Guinnies will get you every time. Timid subordinate at his first lunch with a heavy hitter (me), noticing that I ordered a Guin: "Are we allowed to drink at lunch?" Me (with degree of disgust in tone): "You can do whatever the hell you want."

Maxy, are you really drinking Foster's? On a Queenie love train?

It was really good seeing you in New York.

Folks, he's as funny in person as he is on the board. Constant humorous observations and one-liners. Delivered in a New York accent to boot. You could just sit there with a beer and listen to him all day.
10-11-02 03:40 PM
Joey " Just sit there on the train with my Fosters Oil Can looking out the window as a rain soaked Queens passes by.

Smile and drink.

Drink and smile. "

I took the train back out of town , back to the
Rolling Pin .
I felt a little like a dying clown with a steak of
Rin Tin Tin .
Stretched back and hiccupped , look back on my busy day .
Eleven hours in the tin pan , God there's got to be another way .

Well Who Are You ? Who Who .....Who Who !

" The Who will be BACK Ronnie "

Snaggle Joe

10-11-02 03:42 PM
jb Joey, I am slightly concerned about FSU tomorrow...
Page: 1 2 3