ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Under My Thumb - Hyde Park - June 1969
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keef guitar questions Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th October 2006 04:06 AM
Mathijs Keith did not remove the low E string when in open G tuning until 1972. So, for JJF in 1969, 1970 and 1971 he used a les Paul Custom tuned to open G with a capo on the 4th fret, with the low E tuned to D. There's two exceptions: on 1968 NME Pollwinners and R&R Circus Keith plays JJF in standard tuning.

Mathijs
9th October 2006 04:52 PM
Vinyl kills Thanks again for all the info. I'm guessing on the Saville Theatre footage he is also playing in standard tuning? I did not see a capo unless my eyes are giving out.

Speaking of standard tuning. What songs from the Taylor/Wood era are played in standard tuning? I know pretty much all the solo's were in standard but I'm referring to the main riff of said song.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9th October 2006 05:22 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Vinyl kills wrote:
Thanks again for all the info. I'm guessing on the Saville Theatre footage he is also playing in standard tuning? I did not see a capo unless my eyes are giving out.

Speaking of standard tuning. What songs from the Taylor/Wood era are played in standard tuning? I know pretty much all the solo's were in standard but I'm referring to the main riff of said song.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is by no means exhaustive, but here are some standard-tuning songs:
Monkey Man
Bitch
I Got the Blues
Dead Flowers
Dancing with Mr. D
Heartbreaker
Star Star
Rocks Off (yes, it was; shut up!)
Time Waits for No One
Hot Stuff
Hey Negrita
Everything off Some Girls and ER, with the exception of BTMMR and parts of She's So Cold
Hang Fire
Slave
Black Limousine
Neighbors
Little T&A
She's So Hot
Tie You Up
Pretty Beat Up
All the Way Down
One Hit
Dirty Work
Had It With You
...OK, I'm bored now!

[Edited by Mel Belli]
9th October 2006 05:57 PM
ketvos Do we know what gear they are using on stage nowadays?

And did anyone notice how since ABB Darryl has some white Ampeg heads and his 40licks rig?
9th October 2006 07:36 PM
open-g
quote:
ketvos wrote:
Do we know what gear they are using on stage nowadays?

And did anyone notice how since ABB Darryl has some white Ampeg heads and his 40licks rig?

Keith uses 2 old (probably '57) Fender Twin amps on main stage - and 2 of the same on the b-stage.
There was a short interlude with a Watkins Joker amp from the start of the european leg of the tour 'till the Paris gig.
20 minutes prior the the show that Watkins amp was replaced by the '57 Twin.

Ronnie uses 2, sometimes 4 Fender Vibro King Custom Amps on mainstage + another smaller Fender amp, dunno what kind tho'.
2 Fender Twin amps on b-stage, just like Keith.

...and yes, Darryl uses whitish Ampeg heads...

9th October 2006 08:13 PM
Poplar
ya know - i was drawn to this board for this kind of talk...
all these years later - it's all about Joey's bowl movements, and jb's humiliation.
9th October 2006 08:24 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Poplar wrote:

ya know - i was drawn to this board for this kind of talk...
all these years later - it's all about Joey's bowl movements, and jb's humiliation.

And don't forget Clinton's fuckups!

Riffy
9th October 2006 08:54 PM
Poplar and the black crows.
[Edited by Poplar]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)