ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA-6th October 2005
Đ Marisa Roman, Daily Progress and Richmond Times Dispatch with thanks to moy and Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Very Best of Mick Jagger - Press Release Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd September 2007 07:17 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

From what I recall, there were indeed plans to tour the US in the late 80's but they reckoned sales would be poor.

my girlfriend at the time was heavy into doing load in and load outs during this time period....i believe the beacon theater was a for sure spot. then there was word he was going to do a show at 'the chance' in poughkeepsie, ny. at least that was the word floating around for a couple of days.

dylan played 'the chance' in 04 or 03
22nd September 2007 07:26 PM
Bloozehound I mean if your gonna get caught buying a Mick solo album you might as well walk up there wearing a trenchcoat, nakid, red gag ball in your mouth and a french poodle stuck to your pecker

cuz that's what anyone who sees you buying that shit is going be thinking of ya, might as well give'm what they want
[Edited by Bloozehound]
22nd September 2007 08:22 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Gazza wrote:
From what I recall, there were indeed plans to tour the US in the late 80's but they reckoned sales would be poor.

The fact that he chose to tour Japan and Australia and by-pass the two biggest markets speaks volumes.

He was able to pull off those tours as the Stones had never played in Asia and hadnt been in Australia since 1973, so in both cases it was a big deal.

True, he clearly went for the easier markets, can't remember talk of touring the US or Europe though, my memory could be failing me.

A shame too he wasn't willing to pay Jeff Beck enough for him to tour with him, actually I think that delayed the tour too, they were reahearsing sometime in the midlle of 1987 when Jagger was interviewed by a French magazine and was in a bad mood because Beck was about to pack up.

According to a bio about him, Beck was also disappointed when he realized Mick wasn't taking the whole thing very seriously, apparently Beck had been under the impression he really wanted to start a new band with him. Beck's a loony, but man, what a guitar player, best player ever if you ask me.
22nd September 2007 08:45 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
ANd yet even Mick's dingleberries outrank Van Halen's best releases. Choke on that!

simmer down now.
22nd September 2007 10:26 PM
Soldatti I can't see this album charting at Top 50 on both UK or US, the release date is one week away and almost no promotion in the media, zero airplay on the radio and horrible pre-sales in internet stores as Amazon (currently ranked #1,100 in Amazon US and #26,000 in UK!!)
At this rate, the best prediction is bottom Top 75 in U.K and maybe Top 100 in U.S or bellow that.

Also the reaction from people on music forums is not very good.
23rd September 2007 05:35 AM
FotiniD Actually, reading the setlist reminded me of how much I love "Sweet Thing" - song and video!
23rd September 2007 08:27 AM
glencar
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I can't see this album charting at Top 50 on both UK or US, the release date is one week away and almost no promotion in the media, zero airplay on the radio and horrible pre-sales in internet stores as Amazon (currently ranked #1,100 in Amazon US and #26,000 in UK!!)
At this rate, the best prediction is bottom Top 75 in U.K and maybe Top 100 in U.S or bellow that.

I have yet to order my copy but I shall buy it ASAP!
23rd September 2007 08:29 AM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I thought "Evening Gown" wasn't going to be on this record?! Maybe he's been reading the board.

I can't believe Put Me In The Trash is on the list. It kinda sorta sux.
23rd September 2007 09:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I can't see this album charting at Top 50 on both UK or US, the release date is one week away and almost no promotion in the media, zero airplay on the radio and horrible pre-sales in internet stores as Amazon (currently ranked #1,100 in Amazon US and #26,000 in UK!!)

There are even 26,000 albums available in the UK?
25th September 2007 12:14 PM
silvertrainlikesmick Not only am I buying the cd, I want the edition with the dvd's!
25th September 2007 12:37 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I thought "Evening Gown" wasn't going to be on this record?! Maybe he's been reading the board.

THIS IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE

GOD GAVE ME EVERYTHING
JUST ANOTHER NIGHT
OUT OF FOCUS
LUCKY IN LOVE
PARTY DOLL
WANDERING SPIRIT
DONT LOOK BACK
THROWAWAY
TOO FAR GONE
OLD HABITS
DANCIN IN THE STREET
TOO MANY COOKS
SWEET THING
DONT CALL ME UP
SAY YOU WILL
BLIND LEADING THE BLIND
RED DEVILS SONG
EVENING GOWN
25th September 2007 12:46 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

GOD GAVE ME EVERYTHING
JUST ANOTHER NIGHT
OUT OF FOCUS
LUCKY IN LOVE
PARTY DOLL
WANDERING SPIRIT
DONT LOOK BACK
THROWAWAY
TOO FAR GONE
OLD HABITS
DANCIN IN THE STREET
TOO MANY COOKS
SWEET THING
DONT CALL ME UP
SAY YOU WILL
BLIND LEADING THE BLIND
RED DEVILS SONG
EVENING GOWN

Perks ................................................

25th September 2007 01:24 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

Perks ................................................

JOEY,
YOU STILL GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WIT
THE KNACK
THE BRAINS
THE BRAWN
25th September 2007 02:16 PM
glencar
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

GOD GAVE ME EVERYTHING
JUST ANOTHER NIGHT
OUT OF FOCUS
LUCKY IN LOVE
PARTY DOLL
WANDERING SPIRIT
DONT LOOK BACK
THROWAWAY
TOO FAR GONE
OLD HABITS
DANCIN IN THE STREET
TOO MANY COOKS
SWEET THING
DONT CALL ME UP
SAY YOU WILL
BLIND LEADING THE BLIND
RED DEVILS SONG
EVENING GOWN

A good list but I'd sub Primitive Cool for that Blind Leading The Blind. And Don't Tear Me Up instead of Don't Call Me Up. Minor quibbles though.
26th September 2007 09:10 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I mean if your gonna get caught buying a Mick solo album you might as well walk up there wearing a trenchcoat, nakid, red gag ball in your mouth and a french poodle stuck to your pecker

cuz that's what anyone who sees you buying that shit is going be thinking of ya, might as well give'm what they want
[Edited by Bloozehound]

Hell, I got reactions like this when I bought Rolling Stones CD's. Some people in North Carolina do NOT know good music, and they have to be the ones ringing me up in record stores.
26th September 2007 09:17 PM
Throwaway
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can't believe Put Me In The Trash is on the list. It kinda sorta sux.

WHATT?!?? Can't dig Jimmy Ripps leads or the lyrics with swagger? I know you got good taste in Jagger solo by liking "Too Far Gone" but this is one of the top tracks on WS.
27th September 2007 02:14 AM
glencar I'd rather hear Out Of Focus, the title track or the ones selected ofr the hitz CD. I like Put Me okay but it's prolly #5 or 6 on that release. And thanks for the compliment!
27th September 2007 06:58 AM
luxury1 well, amazon.com has told me about 10 times (yes, I really did get 10 emails saying the order shipped!)that my CD will be arriving today--deluxe edition with DVD. Please await my review....
27th September 2007 11:45 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

GOD GAVE ME EVERYTHING
JUST ANOTHER NIGHT
OUT OF FOCUS
LUCKY IN LOVE
PARTY DOLL
WANDERING SPIRIT
DONT LOOK BACK
THROWAWAY
TOO FAR GONE
OLD HABITS
DANCIN IN THE STREET
TOO MANY COOKS
SWEET THING
DONT CALL ME UP
SAY YOU WILL
BLIND LEADING THE BLIND
RED DEVILS SONG
EVENING GOWN

Yep, "Don't Tear Me Up" instead of "Don't Call Me Up" - otherwise, hell of a tracklist.
27th September 2007 01:16 PM
Jeep An interview with Mick :

[Edited by Jeep]
27th September 2007 01:38 PM
pdog Hey Mick!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
27th September 2007 02:26 PM
silvertrainlikesmick
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
well, amazon.com has told me about 10 times (yes, I really did get 10 emails saying the order shipped!)that my CD will be arriving today--deluxe edition with DVD. Please await my review....

Looking forward to your review
27th September 2007 03:00 PM
luxury1 Hey--mailman delivered it directly to my door, not merely left in the box....

The "interview" part of the DVD is about 35 minutes long, Mick speaking about each song/video, working with a variety of producers and songwriters--much of it has already been transcribed on the web. Thus, my familiarity with his words allowed me to focus on other aspects of the video, such as his strong, athletic neck, thick cords coursing the length...
I gotta go...
27th September 2007 03:01 PM
glencar
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
well, amazon.com has told me about 10 times (yes, I really did get 10 emails saying the order shipped!)that my CD will be arriving today--deluxe edition with DVD. Please await my review....

Almost a week early? I got to order this NOW!
27th September 2007 03:21 PM
pdog
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Hey--mailman delivered it directly to my door, not merely left in the box....

The "interview" part of the DVD is about 35 minutes long, Mick speaking about each song/video, working with a variety of producers and songwriters--much of it has already been transcribed on the web. Thus, my familiarity with his words allowed me to focus on other aspects of the video, such as his strong, athletic neck, thick cords coursing the length...
I gotta go...

I'm going to call my friend gay Dave. He's a big Stones fan and see if I'm missing the Jagger is hot aspect, b/c I don't know any other reason for me to find nothing of value...
BUT!!!
I'm very happy for those who are enjoying this... So don't forget that, as I make fun of Mick "athletic neck" Jagger!!!
27th September 2007 03:24 PM
_Boomy_ Athletic neck?
27th September 2007 03:29 PM
pdog
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Athletic neck?

We know Luxy doesn't see Mick above the waist!
27th September 2007 04:22 PM
luxury1 The rest of the DVD is videos of the songs--very fun.

I find the CD flows nicely--would make an uplifting soundtrack to a long country drive. I am going to try it out on the workout tomorrow morning to see how it holds up to that. Buy it already, pdog...let me know what your friend Dave thinks of Mick 2007
28th September 2007 10:27 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:

We know Luxy doesn't see Mick above the waist!

Is that so...
28th September 2007 11:23 AM
gustavobala i donīt will buy, because the musics are so weak!

my list:

1- Luck in love
2- Just another night
3- Hard women
4- Party doll
5- Throwaway
6- Kow tow
7- Letīs work
8- Shot off your mouth
9- Say you will
10- Out of focus
11- Donīt tear me up
12- Wired all night
13- Put me in the trash
14- Sweet thing
15- Use me
16- Mother of a man
17- I īve been lonely for so long
18- God gave me everything

bonus track
19- State of shock - (w/m. jackson)
20- Donīt look back - (w/peter tosh)
21- Dancing in the street - (W/david bowie)
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)