ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Sir
Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA October 12, 2005
© 2005 Sir Stonesalot
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who does the guitar solo in Dead Flowers? Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 7th, 2005 07:04 PM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
scratched wrote:
I disagree, I think the solo in the studio version of 'Dead Flowers' is Keith. The vibrato and bends are not quite tidy enough for it to be Mick and I am sure it would be alot more elaborate and less 'country' if it was Mick - more like how he played it on L&G.

That solo is NOT Keith - period - end of story.
October 7th, 2005 07:48 PM
scratched
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:
period

Sounds like you're on one mate.
October 8th, 2005 02:55 PM
Mathijs On Dead Flowers:

Jagger on acoustic. The first electric (left channel) is Keith doing leads, played on the Ampeg Dan Armstrong, on the guitar quite some reverb is added. On 0:16 Taylor enters the right channel with a dry finger picked electric, played on his brown Gibson ES-345. Both play Fender Silverface Twin Reverb amps. The guitars don't switch channels anymore. In the chorus, Taylor stops playing picked guitar, and play counter leads to Keith, who does pentatonic minor country bends. The next chorus, Taylor continues picking, while Keith plays the lead fills again, while a piano enters Keith's channel. The guitar solo is Taylor, and is beautiful due to its simplicity. It's a very Keith solo, but the timing and fluidity are clearly Taylor. I also think it is a one-taker: listen closely how Taylor occaisionally hits the pickup with his pick, resulting in a distorted clicking sound. This is something you repair when you do several takes. The entire song is beautiful due to its simplicity, it's just two guitars, an acoustic, a piano and unison vocals. That's it, no overdubs or anything.

By the way, Taylor is a beautiful player, but I would't call him a technical player. He is very fluid and can play blistering fast, but he never uses tricks of anykind, and ones you get hold of Taylor's speed, most of his solo aren't that hard to copy (of course, you'll never get his vibrato right). You don't need to study technical tricks in order to play like him. His genius is in his melodic sense. He is able to build every solo into a song itself, and never plays the same solo twice.

Mathijs
October 8th, 2005 05:36 PM
speedfreakjive Thanks for the info, how the hell do you know all that?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)