ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saville Theatre, London December 14, 1969
© 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive with thanks to Fotini

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ..that's all folks - thanks everyone! Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-03-03 01:33 PM
Martha
To all of you at Rocks Off the greatest message board on the world-wide web!!

Bar none Ronnie!

I have been forever changed for the better for having stumbled across this message board which, I may have never found had it not been for Gazza. He was kind enough to direct me here from the gasland message board last spring when I first got my computer.

I pretty much never went back to gasland once I got connected to RO. I make certain to visit RO everyday, if at all possible, as it has become my home away from home while I am actually at home...no explanation needed, right?! LOL

All the set-lists and all the info about every waking moment of the Stones comings and goings...(hell, anything I wanted to know) and much, much more was and is posted here daily. WOW! Oh and the photos and artwork (thanks Ronnie)..it has all been over the top. I've loved every minute of it!

I have learned more about the Rolling Stones personally and professionally, and the Blues specifically, in the last year and a half than in all the years of my life previously. I have also been turned on to a variety of artists that otherwise I may never have learned about. Because of you I will not die a music retard! LOL

My education here came fast and hard...and I am still astonished, thrilled and I continue to learn more as the days unfold. That is an incredible gift indeed. I'm simply elated for all I have gained in regard to my own knowledge about music. All of that came from my visiting this site and listening and learning from the people who offer so much in your daily posts.

I have ALL of you to thank for my newly found, in-depth education. My musical gratitude truly knows no bounds. Since I've come to RO my life has known a joy like no other time before.

I'm happier, much more enriched and more musically alive than ever before thanks to all of you. ALL of you!

To be a part of the RO family is a blessing and a gift. One that never stops giving. :-)

Each and everyone of you ROCK!

I am sending out my heart-felt affection and love to all of you...and a special mention to Gazza for bringing me on board! I shudder to imagine my life without having found all of you. Shit, I even have dreams of hanging out with the Stones pretty regularly now...(those dreams are so cool) and I know that is another gift from my becoming a regular RO member!

Long live the Unholy Trinity the Rolling Stones and ALL of the fans at RO and beyond!!!!

Kisses and hugs all around..I am feeling especially mushy and huggy right now....slurp!

Martha!

Now........LET'S ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

"There have been so many, girls that I've known...

I've made so many cry..and still I wonder why"
10-03-03 01:55 PM
Factory Girl Thank you very kindly, Gazza, VooDoo and Jaxx.

Thank you everyone for setlists, pics and trees, and friendship.

Damn, this kind of sounds like goodbye. Well it ain't goodbye!

I certainly hope that everyone sticks around for the craziness, comraderie, pies and schmata, schmata, schmata...lol.
10-03-03 02:19 PM
jb I want to particularly thank Dutch Rik as he showed a lot of courage reporting the truth about some of the hideous performances..For a young man, he showed a lot of guts and he should be commended for his candor.
10-03-03 02:28 PM
Honky Tonk Man This tour has made for an amazing and brilliant couple of years. Gazza, Voodoo and Jaxx helped make it so good. We got many many great shows and i got to travel to the States and Germany. It is hard to beleive that Giants Stadium was over a year ago!

Heres to a well earned rest for the Stones and lets hope they are ready for another tour soon. 2005?

Alex
10-03-03 02:42 PM
Joey

I would LOVE to touch Dutch Rik's Monkey !

Ninea !
10-03-03 03:07 PM
jb They officially recognized gay partnerships in the Netherlands last month!!!!
10-03-03 03:10 PM
Joey

I am seriously thinking of purchasing that " The Kids are Alright " DVD over the weekend ...............

What ?!?!?!?! Oh , sure ....Here you go :

http://www.thekidsarealright.net/html/home.html

JACKY !!!!!!!!!!

10-03-03 08:02 PM
MarthaMyDear Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet...
CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Ok.... Let's...
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
YES, THANK YOU, BUTTHEAD, FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK, and
thank you to Gerardo and Jaxx, also, and I'll post more
later when I get time!!! lol........ Thank you again!!!
lol........ :P

*** Martha ***
10-03-03 08:06 PM
Mother baby
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet...

Yeah....not just yet.
10-03-03 08:38 PM
MarthaMyDear Yes, Mother baby... lol......... I know you have to wait until
Joshy gets here!!!!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P :P :P ;P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ****
10-03-03 09:12 PM
McQueen Well done. Made for an interesting distraction.

Until next time...

(Oh-and go out and buy the new album-coming soon!)

-Peace-
10-04-03 01:58 AM
Madafaka Gazza, you know what I think... YOU RULES!
Thank you for your extreme effort!
Cheers!
10-05-03 10:35 AM
LadyJane I'm bumping this up because it's too soon to let it slip to Page 2.

Surely there are more of you that would like to give "props" to the Unholy Trinity.

They sure as hell deserve it!!

LadyJ.
10-05-03 04:06 PM
Gazza LOL..thanks....but that wasnt my intention!

The point I was trying to make was that it takes a lot of team-work to get news, photos and setlists etc posted as soon as we have been able to do. We certainly couldnt have done that without the help of people at the shows who took time out to supply us with the info and did it so promptly. This board is only as good or bad as the people who contribute to it. When I suggested people phoning in setlists,I really didnt think we'd get many shows covered. I was pleasantly surprised.

Appreciate the kind words,folks but much of the credit should go elsewhere
10-05-03 06:20 PM
L&A Many thanks Gazza ! Now you really deserves 2 months at Mustique with Jerry and/or Carla and/or Bianca and/or Lawren and/or Lucia and/or Carly + (and/or) more

Cheers
10-05-03 07:02 PM
Stonesdoug Thanks to RocksOff for all the help with the setlists, pictures and news!!!!---Gazza you never bought me that beer!!!
10-05-03 07:10 PM
Gazza You never stuck around long enough!!

hey, I gave you a "special" discount on that Twickenham ticket,does that count?

..and thanks to your site too for setlists and for organising all those parties.
10-05-03 09:40 PM
glencar Man, I can't believe it's essentially over. I might start weeping. And now Gray Davis is on the TV screen & making me weep even more...
10-06-03 09:25 AM
scope Just adding my 2 cents worth, although I'm a few days late on this. But I had to thank Gazza for his efforts in getting those set lists out to us so fast and of course for the trees that he is driving for us all to share. And of course to Jaxx and my man Voodoo for supporting this site. This was the first time I really got to follow a tour outside of North America, and it's all because of this place. I had some family health issues this summer and didn't always have a chance to go online and see what was up, but when I did get the chance, Rocks Off was there for me, to give me what I needed to make it through another day.

This tour brought alot of us together and I agree with Nanky that we now have to follow this up with a summit somewhere. Whatever happened to Asheville or Chicago or D.C. We gotta get our 'fix' while we wait for the boys yto re-load!

Hit us again Ronnie...(and Mick and Keith, and of course Charlie!)

-scope
10-06-03 09:41 AM
nankerphelge A couple of us thought that while Nasty's kind offer to host in Asheville was great, that a more central locale might aid in a better turnout. DC, NYC and Chicago were all discussed.

I have no real preference as to location. However, I in order to avoid conflicts (especially with the holidays approaching), I think we need to plan it quite a bit in advance.
10-06-03 09:42 AM
Jumacfly this thread is the most beautiful love declaration to our favorite Trinity (just before sex drugs and r n roll)

may the good lord shine a light on us....

Cheers
JU
Page: 1 2