ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Saville Theatre, London December 14, 1969
© 2002 The Associated Newspapers Archive with thanks to Fotini

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ..that's all folks - thanks everyone! Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-02-03 05:45 PM
Gazza well..the European tour is over (could this be the longest Stones Euro tour ever? Certainly in terms of actual LENGTH of time spent on the road - four months...)

I just wanted to say a special thanks to all of you who have helped us with calling in setlists or posting them and ensuring we got the information online so fast (in some cases, even before the songs were played or on a couple of occasions before the shows even STARTED!)

It's been a great summer and (just like the previous parts of the tour) it's been a lot of fun connecting both online and in person with what's beginning to seem by now like an extended family.

Thanks to all of you for helping make this place what it is.

And if you've figured out what the f*** exactly this place is, maybe you can tell me,because I still havent figured it out after almost five years.....
10-02-03 05:49 PM
steel driving hammer I'll be crying in my beer tonight listening to Peaches Gone South.
10-02-03 05:55 PM
sirfito Thank YOU, Gazza!
Cheers,
Fito

10-02-03 06:19 PM
Hand of Fate Thank you Gazza for all the effort you put in to organising the setlists and the trees on this tour, It really was great being able to find out about the shows in an instant, I for one will miss this tour!
Thank you again
10-02-03 06:21 PM
glencar It was so much fun seeing them in Twickenham & even more so in Dublin. They are the World's Greatest R&R Band.
10-02-03 06:27 PM
caro Gazza, I'll jump on this occasion to thank you (and Jaxx and Voodoo too, of course) for all this. A big part of what I know about the Stones comes from this board (I've been lurking here for 2 or 3 years), and I never really understood how you managed to keep it so interesting, funny and still completely open. I don't remember any moment where the board would have been a place where you don't wanna go (well I'm not online that often, so maybe I missed some catastrophies).
Actually, I like the off-topic stuff (political threads! I love them!!) about as much as the on-topic stuff...The three of you must be incredibly laid-back to deal with all that
The whole idea about posting the setlist as soon as possible seemed like hardcore-fan-rubbish to me at the beginning, but I have to say, I was about to become obsessed with it too. Thanks for all the work on that !

Oh, and BTW, now that you promised to get the China-setlist by talkie-walkie, I feel much less depressed about the end of the tour
10-02-03 06:30 PM
stewed & Keefed Many thanks Gazza...a great job...
10-02-03 06:32 PM
sirmoonie Cheers Gazza and everyone for the setlists, reviews, the whole kit. Great tour, great fun.

Long live RO, whatever the hell it is!
[Edited by sirmoonie]
10-02-03 07:51 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I think a tonna thanks go to our Unholy Trinitarians, 'specially Gazza for being Our Man With The Plan over there in Europe-land.

So thanks to all! History'll judge this tour as a wildly uneven quasi-return to form, the Stones waking up occasionally and playing like the Stones again, other times falling asleep and playing like Chuck Leavell's Rolling Stones Revue, but hell, it was a wild ride. Thanks to all.

-tSYX --- Buuuut it's alllll over now...
10-02-03 08:18 PM
LadyJane I've loved the Stones since I was 13 years old...and for 30 years I've tried to explain to people why I love this Band.

Finally I found a place where everybody "gets it". I wish I had found RO earlier, but I'm here now and I feel like I'm part of a great family.

Many thanks to the Trinity for keeping it going.

Cheers to all of us!!

Cheers to Mick, Keith, Charlie and Woody!!

LadyJ.
10-02-03 08:29 PM
Joey " And if you've figured out what the f*** exactly this place is, maybe you can tell me,because I still havent figured it out after almost five years..... "

Can't help you there my NewCastle loving mate , but I can tell you that I plan on really boozing it up this weekend so say a prayer for my liver .

" Carly does Crank Ronnie "

Joey , where the NIGHT , is RIGHT , and joy is complete , keep my dope on Green Flower Street !!!!!!!!!

10-02-03 10:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I just want to shout a big THANK YOU to Gazza as he made it possible, he did a very good work making team-work with all of you, he was in fact the one and only one moderator as Jaxx has been off-line most of the time and I have been very busy, as you can see leaving a header for two days, not posting news or pix or relevant material (sorry for the Voodoo Chile Song the other day LOL) as my new role allows me to be on line just for a few minutes during the day time and I use to arrive very tired at night, hope this will end soon.

Gazza rocks!
Gazza rules!
10-03-03 12:18 AM
parmeda Gazza...have you ever heard of the saying, "Why fix something that isn't broke."?
Leave things lay as they may and don't ever try to figure "this" out, lol. (You may wind up ruining it!)

A huge THANK YOU to everyone! I think we all did as well as we could to keep information flowing between us all...the reviews, the stories, the pictures, the set-lists, the mere craziness of it was WELL WORTH IT. There isn't a reporter on the face of this earth that could have done the job that so many of us have accomplished, right here.

And in saying that, I'm ready for round #2...when's the next tour start!

10-03-03 01:40 AM
Monkey Woman Many, many thanks to you Gazza for all the info and the organizing! And thanks to the whole Trinity for keeping this board "so interesting, funny and still completely open" as Caro said so well. This is a great place. Thanks folks, including all you crazy, funny, unbelievable regulars!
10-03-03 01:50 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah Gazza is da bomb, ain't he? Oh yes he is.

Now that the tour is over, maybe we can do a bunch more trees.

Like Houston? Anyone got that one to tree out? Houston?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Beuhler?
10-03-03 02:30 AM
marko e-mail me buddy!i have few ideas,,,and the Houston,well,
iŽll tell you that privatly.
10-03-03 02:59 AM
BillyBoll I've been suffering post-tour blues for a while now, well since my last gig in Dublin!

I think all of the shows I've been to, with the exception of the Amsterdam Arena, have been superb and better that anytime I have seen them before (starting in '82).

A huge thanks to Gazza for organising the setlist phone ins and others who phoned them in. It must have been very trying for him to have people crowing about what a great show its been or giving him snippets of songs for shows that he wasnt at! And even more thanks for the tree's Gazza.

Till the next time....

10-03-03 09:36 AM
nankerphelge Simple math:

Rolling Stones = Greatest Rock & Roll Band

RO members = fans of Greatest Rock & Roll Band

RO members = greatest Rock & Roll fans.

No two ways about it -- the trinity built it and we came (even Joey, though he was premature). This is the greatest collection of crazies one could ever hope for. Yeah we love the Stones and our collective knowledge and interest in the band is overwhelming. But more importantly we all love this little playground where we can swing by pretty much at will and get a little dose of what is REALLY important!

I love you guys.

Sheepily yours
nanky

10-03-03 09:39 AM
jb Thanks Gazza...I couldn't wait to read those same set lists every morning...it was mesmerizing.
10-03-03 09:41 AM
Joey " Thanks Gazza...I couldn't wait to read those same set lists every morning...it was mesmerizing. "

Josh , you make Joey laugh like Hell !!!!!!!

10-03-03 10:10 AM
glencar After Dublin, they did seem to push the same setlist night after night. Did they get tired?
10-03-03 10:12 AM
Irina Thank You for the great work. Well done! Just truth
10-03-03 10:15 AM
Jumacfly I love that fucking board....feel like home here!!
cheers and many thanks to the holy trinity, and of course.........YOU ALL CRAZY BASTARDS!!!!!!
10-03-03 10:19 AM
nankerphelge Am I the only one that gets cottonmouth when I see jumy's avatar!!
10-03-03 10:33 AM
glencar I get the gizniggles...
10-03-03 11:04 AM
Joey

I get a groin pull !
10-03-03 11:07 AM
Joey " I love you guys.

Sheepily yours
nanky "

Nanky , I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently stroke your young , sweaty , moist , shiny , quivering , glistening , GLISTENING , GLISTENING GLISTENING , GLISTENING GLISTENING , GLISTENING GLISTENING , GLISTENING GLISTENING , GLISTENING GLISTENING , GLISTENING GLISTENING , GLISTENING GLISTENING , GLISTENING GLISTENING , GLISTENING ***********************Men in white lab coats are now coming to the office to take Joey away for his daily " Shock Therapy " treatments *************************************************************************************

******************************** END TRANSMISSION !!! *****************************************************************

Jacky !
10-03-03 11:23 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Simple math:

Rolling Stones = Greatest Rock & Roll Band

RO members = fans of Greatest Rock & Roll Band

RO members = greatest Rock & Roll fans.

No two ways about it -- the trinity built it and we came (even Joey, though he was premature). This is the greatest collection of crazies one could ever hope for. Yeah we love the Stones and our collective knowledge and interest in the band is overwhelming. But more importantly we all love this little playground where we can swing by pretty much at will and get a little dose of what is REALLY important!

I love you guys.

Sheepily yours
nanky

Nanky! Your message made me feel very very good!!! I'm serious one of the nicest messages I have seen... But the end is killing me LOL I'm howlin' "Sheepily Yours"
10-03-03 11:46 AM
Jumacfly Nanky....I got red eyes each time i m looking to my avatar!!!
"the blue light was my blues, and the red eyes was my mind"
quote from "smoke in vain " of course

cheers

god bless cheesy poofs....

Ju
10-03-03 01:23 PM
nankerphelge Just callin' 'em as I see 'em.

For years I thought I was some sort of Rolling Stones mutant. Then, after I got my first computer, I realized I was part of a vast Stonesian colonization effort.

I typed "Rolling Stones" into the search engine and came up with Stonesworld. Since then I have been part of a number of message boards and met countless people that I consider some of the coolest people I have ever known including Doug, Keno, and the Unholy Trinity. I got fucked up with nine of the best in Cleveland and many others along the way -- you all know who you are and how much I value it! I only wish I could meet the rest of you and do some serious drinking with you too!!!

I have no good explanation for why I would spend an entire Friday nite partying and posting with y'all other than it just feels right -- as someone else said, like family! Despite differences in opinion ranging from politics to the merits of Taylor v. Wood, I still consider most of you some of my dearest friends.

I sincerely hope that we can organize a RO get together while the band takes a breather. I know that many of us have obligations to our families and careers which make getting away very difficult. I am the captain of that boat, let me tell ya! But as SS said, the Stones are a way of life -- and one that values the beauty of living!! You ain't on this rock for very long -- might as well roll a fat one, throw on Exile and yell alot! In the end you'll be better for it.

Shotgun....

Page: 1 2