ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Ford Field, October 12, 2002 by John F. Martin/AP
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Maxy, Maxy, Maxy.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-30-02 05:35 PM
parmeda
quote:
My brother inlaw and I were on WB ch11 news singing. I did Can't You Hear Me Knockin' and he did Sympathy. Wife taped it to show me what an ass I am. It worked.

Classic!

Max...I got ahold of the video feed from that news cast. Without ever having the pleasure of meeting you in person, I was able to peg you off in a heartbeat, lol.

Do I dare post it here? Wanted to ask you first...
09-30-02 06:02 PM
Joey " Do I dare post it here? Wanted to ask you first... "

<------ You have my permission to post it !

Good Job little buddy -- Yes , post away .

I's justs gots to see it !

Clubby

09-30-02 06:21 PM
Maxlugar SWEET MERCIFUL FRIGGIN' FUCK NO!!!!!

Just when I forget about it and think it never happend, this happens?!

That tape is going to be a public service announcement for AA soon.

Oh dear Lord this is not happening.

(Plus I was going to make a killing off the bootleg)

MAXY!!!!!
09-30-02 06:54 PM
parmeda Awe Max...
I understand. I won't post it, I promise.

That's too bad though, it was really a great clip!

If you have second thoughts...let me know.

Sorry Joey.
09-30-02 07:26 PM
tumblingdice Oh come on Maxxy if you can tell us about it as you did in your review then surely we can see it? As Joey said we just gotsta see it ....developing....
10-01-02 09:07 AM
Maxlugar It's cringe inducing!

What do we mean by posting it here anyway? Like a header pic? Or an mpeg?

10-01-02 09:14 AM
Nellcote Maxy, forget the picture, lets get the mpeg on.

We've all been there, WTF?

During Super Bowl last January, I managed to insult the entire city of St. Louis, calling them "weenies", along with other words, more of those words threatening than kind during a drunken stupor in the French Quarter, in New Orleans for a live Fox News audience.
Fended off several Rams fans, who wanted my head, however, I ran too quickly. My friends thought I was a different person. Really pissa time, as I somewhat recall.

I cast my vote "MPEG"
10-01-02 09:26 AM
stonedinaustralia yeah, come on max

it's no big deal - we'll all get a laugh out of it and only love you all the more for it and then probably forget all about it - it's all too big in your own head!!

still, having said that - and it was easy for me to say - i think i understand how you feel, so it's your call - i must say i am curious and i bet it's a riot...

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-01-02 10:10 AM
parmeda Max...

It would be the link to the video feed showing the entire clip. It's about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes in length.

Don't be embarrassed! There's a guy on it who made a COMPLETE ass of himself, and makes YOU look good! It's really a good clip. Think about it...

Pam
10-01-02 10:18 AM
Joey " It would be the link to the video feed showing the entire clip. It's about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes in length. "

<------- Yes !!! Yes !!!! YES !!!!!!! dear God ...nows I's justs gots to takes a peeks. Please don't let me down now .

I hear ya little friend . The whole world is watching ......and waiting .

Clubby Joe ( Joeykins )

10-01-02 10:34 AM
Maxlugar I've had it with that little trouble making pot leaf!

Try to control him Joey.

Friggin' blabber mouth walking instigator!

I was drunk and stoned and had nothing to eat, Joey. I don't see why I should be persecuted about this. I was just trying to spread the word. The Rolling Stones are Gods gift to music. I saw the camera and the mic and could not control myself. I was truly the funniest and most entertaining person on the planet that night. At least that's what my brain was telling me. Do you think it's easy coming to work and having people I barely know say they saw me on the news? My mothers friends were calling her up the next morning!

And still I sounded like an angel! If angels sing Can't you Hear Me Knockin'. So I say roll tape!

Maxlugar: As seen on WB ch.11 and Entertainment Weekly.

10-01-02 10:39 AM
Riffhard Pam I think that qualifies as a yes.It is time to show what our boy Maxy can do! "Let's go to the video tape!" C'mon Maxy you know that this can only cement your place in our hearts with your drunken revelry and fabulous signing voice.
We must see the tape!

Riffhard
10-01-02 10:45 AM
Maxlugar Not only do I do the vocals but I also do the guitar part complete with Da-da da da-da DA!

I am a Golden God.

10-01-02 10:49 AM
parmeda Max...would it make you feel any better if I sent it to you first and let you be the judge? I would hate to have you feel as if you were under any pressure from your friends. And besides that, like, none of us have EVER done ANYTHING so crazed that we haven't lived to talk about it...you're in very good company, LMAO.
PM me your email, and I'll let you run with it.
(You'll have total control my friend...)
Pam

10-01-02 10:52 AM
Nellcote MPEG!!!MPEG!!!MPEG!!!MPEG!!!
10-01-02 10:58 AM
Maxlugar Yes Pam, I think we should do that first.

Don't tell the others this, but I feel they pressure me into doing crazy things just for their enjoyment. I'm not their little Monkey Boy Pammy! Ya know? "Say Fuck Yup, Maxy!" Ha ha ha ha!!! What am I? Some kind of Stonesian Clown? Don't I have deep, DEEP!, thoughts that matter around here? No. It's all Clogged Left Nostril or Lotus Couch or Life Sized Billy Preston Action Figures or Vodka and Snapples! I have a secret, Spammy: When you cut me, I bleed.

I need to change my image.

Let us correspond via email about this matter, Pam. I'd like to learn more about you.

[email protected]
10-01-02 10:59 AM
Joey " And still I sounded like an angel! If angels sing Can't you Hear Me Knockin'. So I say roll tape! "

<------ Now that is the Maxy I know and love !!!!!!

That's my boy little pal - o - mine who walks go gently in the night .

Lets Roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....and the tape too please.

Snaggle Joe

10-01-02 11:05 AM
Joey " Don't tell the others this, but I feel they pressure me into doing crazy things just for their enjoyment. I'm not their little Monkey Boy Pammy! Some kind of Stonesian Clown? "

< ------ Dance like a clown for me ......Dance !!!!!!

Hey , watch out there little friend .....otherwise you will piss Maxy off and we will get no more new material -- Plus , I am starting to run dry again .......

" Recalling Distant memories Ronnie "

H. R. Puffin Joe

10-01-02 11:08 AM
Nellcote Oh Well, time to confess....

How many times have any of us had the "jagger" come out of us...It goes with the turf, being the fanatics that we are.

Can't tell you the clubs/suprise birhtday parties/cruise ships/rock clubs this ole duffer has got up to belt out a few Stones tunes. From Sweet Black Angel to Shine A Light..

Embarrassed, NEVER!! The crowd loves it, they call for more, in the crazy Jerky Boys way! Bring on more!

Maxy, you have reached THE plateau!

MPEG....MPEG....MPEG....MPEG
10-01-02 11:24 AM
parmeda Max...

Look in your mail, hon...
10-02-02 10:27 PM
sirmoonie Parmie!

Post the friggin' link!

First Amendment, freedom of speech and all that stuff. It would be un-American not to post that link!
10-03-02 02:56 AM
parmeda Sirmoonie...I tried! I really did.

It's all up to Max now. We spoke and I gave him my word that I wouldn't post it unless he gave me the 'green light'. I totally understand the 1st Amendment thing and to be honest with you, I would never go against a friend. Not only that...I would NEVER give ANY of you ANY ammo to use against myself in the future, LMAO! You know the old saying, "paybacks are a mother fucker"...boy, would THAT apply here!

It truly is a piece of work...hopefully, he'll reconsider.

(psst...in the meantime, here's a tip for ya. Work on him, ride his ass while I'm gone these next few days, ha ha.)

Bye everyone! I'm on my way to DC...avoiding at ALL COSTS, every video camera from here to the Atlantic Ocean.
10-03-02 07:29 AM
Maxlugar You coward!

Maxy sees a video camera and MUST be on! Especially if the camer has a mic coming out of it into the hand of really hot looking reporter.

It was like I was caught in a tractor beem. Pulling me towards the spaceship idiot.

I saw the link but only audio played right. The video never caught up to the audio.

Yeah Pammy, you can post the link. If not for me, I think everyone should see the guy from Hoboken dancing around singing Sympathy and fucking up the words royally.

That makes mine look like nothing.
10-04-02 09:30 AM
daytfren Maxyyy...I talked to Pammy read her your post and she's LMFAOOO...said she'll be back Monday and will post then
10-07-02 02:28 PM
parmeda It's in the works Maxy...

Hang on tight!
10-07-02 02:55 PM
Maxlugar My stock around here is gonna rise, I'll tell you that!

The Legend Of Maxy Continues!

CAN YOU HEAR ME KNOCKIN'! DA DA-DA DA!

One Idiot x Alcohol - Chiba + Microphone and one bright green shirt = Genius!
10-07-02 10:03 PM
Scottfree I just hope your wearing a shirt, I would really like for you to add one to Avatar as well!
10-07-02 11:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here's the link for the video http://wpix.feedroom.com/index.jsp?auto_band=x&rf=sv&fr_story=d57815b4b509c87cd1f1805119da3662a4f22312
10-07-02 11:31 PM
tumblingdice That wasn't so bad maxxy
10-08-02 12:25 AM
parmeda Voodoo,

Thank you very much for your help...what a nightmare!

Pam
Page: 1 2